Post subject: Weekend Reading June 28-30
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:53 am 

Wow, the end of June is here already. For those of us living in the States:

Happy 4th of July!

Today I'm staying home and watching and recording the Chicago Blackhawks Championship parade!!!! Tomorrow afternoon John and I have a memorial service to go to and Sunday will be spent just chillin out and relaxing. Hopefully we will finally be able to use the pool.

I read the new Bella Andre book -- The Way You Look Tonight -- another hit for Bella. I then gobbled up Maya Bank's Forged In Steele --- I thought Cole was a hero OMG -- Steele just melted my heart. I can't wait to read Donovan's story when it comes out at the end of December - After The Storm. I also read a novella by Jennifer Haymore -- The Devil's Pearl -- cute and I'm going to start her new book - The Duchess Hunt the first book in her new series.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have a good weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading June 28-30
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:03 am 

I can't believe June is over!

I am reading Not Quite Mine by Catherine Bybee. I read her first book Not Quite Dating and loved it. This book I am liking but I am glad that I read the first book because right off the bat she starts with characters from the first book--it has been a while, so I have to keep going back to the first book to refresh my memory. There is a baby left on the door step, so I am not too thrilled about reading those kind of who's the daddy book. Yet, so far it is good.

I just got through reading Shan Daniel's book Filthy Laundry---not good. Very amateurish writing, no depth...plus...it was a cliffhanger or a book that was setting up the 2nd book....which I can't stand it when it wasn't stated from the beginning that it was a series book!! This definitely was a throw against the wall book.

I am so ready to get Kresley Cole's book MacRieve not due out until the 2nd!!

A couple of days ago, our pool started to get green and gross...pool man said it was because of the 90+ weather. So we have been shocking it and scrubbing it down. Yesterday, I was out with the bleach scrubbing the tile.

Both of my son's will be here this weekend, so I am going to spend lots of time cooking for them. I haven't seen my youngest in over a month, so I am thrilled he will be home! Oldest son is going to Jacksonville Florida for a job interview...crossing my fingers! Youngest son will be going to New Orleans to drop off some heavy machinery---making about $300 to transport it then he is going to spend the 4th in Baton Rouge with his girlfriend's family.

My garden is taking me over--lots of cucumbers and squash!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 am 

I had dinner with two friends last night. I didn't get much reading time this week but I'm reading Twice Tempted by Jeanine Frost.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:35 am 

Happy 4th of July and happy weekend!

This is my last weekend before our vacation and I have a million things to do, not to mention my kids are swimming in their final swim meet on Saturday and Sunday. Not all day Saturday though, thank goodness!

Last weekend, I read Take Me Under by Rhyannon Byrd. LOVED IT. Was wondering what I could possibly follow it up with when Dani reminded me that Forged in Steele had been released. WELL DUH! :oops: I had completely forgotten!

So this week I've been reading Forged in Steele by Maya Banks (newest KGI book) and as usual, it's a winner. I'm sure I'll finish it up tonight. Since I have so much going on this weekend, I have no idea what I'll start next but for now I'm enjoying this one.

Everyone have a lovely and wonderful weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:01 pm 

i can't believe this month is almost over - next I'll be wondering "where did summer go" .

I read "An English Bride in Scotland" by Lynsay Sands. First time reading this author - for some reason I thought she wrote time-travel, paranormal, etc. Anyway, enjoyed the book.

I'm currently reading "A Rose in the Storm" by Brenda Joyce. So far so good.

Danielle, I'm glad you enjoyed the new Maya Banks book. I have it and may start it later this weekend. I've enjoyed her KGI series.

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy the 4th!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm 

Hi all.
It is supposed to be a rainy weekend in Pittsburgh. At least it won't be too hot. June just escaped me... when I realized it is almost over, I was surprised. No big plans for weekend except our book club meeting tomorrow morning at the Muddy Cup.
Our book is The Shoemakers Wife by Adriana Trigiani. I am almost done with it and think it is good. I like her writing. I also have the 3rd in Kat Martins series Against The Law started. I will finish that one after the Shoemakers Wife.
I hope you all have a great 4th of July. I usually stay at home during the fireworks done by our borough. I can't take the crowds and if it is to rain, they may be cancelled.
Happy reading.
Kyle... hope your vacation is fantastic. Only advice... don't overpack. I always have too many choices and come home with clothes I couldn't believe I packed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:08 pm 

That's what I hate about the summer. It zips by but January and February last forever! I have no plans but the local farm stand now has Honey Buns corn so DH and I and anyone else that stops by will have corn dripping in butter and hamburgers this weekend. I still have my procrastinating list to work on. I really need to start painting but I dread it. I'm thinking I need to just hire someone!

I'm reading Dead Spot by Melissa Olson which was a daily deal with Amazon. It starts out OK but I don't feel totally grabbed yet and I'm way past chapter 3. If it picks up, there's a sequel. Beyond that I'm still reading A History of Food in 100 recipes and Edible Wild Plants (I plan to eat through my yard LOL).

Have a good weekend everyone.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:56 pm 

I have a long weekend since I took today off. We've been having torrential rain storms the last couple of days and there is a lot of flooding in our area. Today started off clear, but no I hear the thunder starting again and the sky is getting dark.

This morning I got up early and finished Lethal by Sandra Brown. I loved this book and never guessed the villain. Now I want to start working on one of the MANY series that I'm in the middle of reading. I think I'll read Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey. It's the 3rd book in her Kowalski family series.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:58 pm 

Can't believe that next week is the 4th of July. I have a feeling that this summer is going to go by super fast. On Saturday I plan on getting a mani/pedi with my friend. For the past few months, we've been having girl only days. It's been nice. Haven't done those in years. On Sunday, I'm going to a picnic in the park with family and friends. Hopefully the storm that they've been talking about will not make an appearance. It's been a miserable June in NY. Hot, humid and rainy days have been frequent. And if it hasn't rained, there's been a chance of rain. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

For reading, I've been doing mostly rereads for the past few weeks. Because of this, I actually have a TBR pile. It's only 8 or so books, but I never used to have one. As soon as I got something new, I'd start reading. I just can't get into reading anything new. I guess I just had a bad reading experience with an author and I had to do rereads to get that book out of my mind. I still don't even like thinking about that book.

I did read another new to me author and quite liked the book. I read Suzanne Robinson's Lady Gallant. I enjoyed reading that. Even though Christian did act like a royal ass to Nora at times, he came around in the end and did quite a bit of groveling. It just goes to show that some new to me authors can be a hit or a huge miss. And I'm glad for paperbackswap. At least reading that new author didn't cost me money.

I did get a chance to read a new release this week. I read Sabrina Jeffries' What the Duke Desires. I really liked it. It was a good beginning to her new series, The Duke's Men. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series. Up next for me may be the new Maya Banks' Forged in Steele or the new Julie Anne Long, It Happened One Midnight. Not sure yet.

Have a good weekend everyone!