Post subject: Weekend Reading June 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 am 

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week. I'm meeting my friend today at mall to do some shopping and returning and tomorrow we have a memorial service with a luncheon afterward. Sunday will be spent relaxing and catching up on the shows I recorded.

Okay I need to say this -- the new Johanna Lindsey in my opinion was horrible!!!!!! I did something I never do -- skimmed a book....no chemistry between the h/h/ I felt like she wrote the outline and someone else wrote it. I did read and enjoy Marie Force new book -- Fatal Mistake. I love the ongoing love story between Nick and Sam (Samantha). Up next -- Bella Andre new Sullivan family book -- The Way You Look Tonight.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading June 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 am 

Sorry you hated the JL book, Danielle. That happened to me years ago with one of her books and I haven't read her since. I can't even remember the name fo the book but it was medieval I think. I hope your next book keeps you from doing things you need to do (always a sign of a good book for me!)

I'm still reading Entwined in You by Sylvia Day. It's good but I'm halfway through and nothing is changing in the story. Anyway, after that I've downloaded Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown from the library. It's an oldie and I think it looks good. We'll see. I also borrowed (in book form) a book called the History of Food in 100 Recipes. I figured I could watch TV and scan through this at the same time. It looks interesting.

I have no idea what I'll be doing this weekend. Maybe nothing which suits me fine. Have a great weekend everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 am 

Hi everyone. I am soooo glad the last two weeks are over! I changed a working day with a co-worker and it has me all messed up!! I hate working Mondays and then have Tuesday off and then come in Wed. and Thurs. Glad that we are back to normal this coming week.
My son in law Scott and Sam were at Boy Scout camp all weed earning badges. So we girls had some outings "just girls having girl fun." We ate out a lot, went to Trader Joe's and did some fantastic grocery shopping... now I know why Sharyn loves this store so much. They are fantastic and have everything you can ever imagine. Shar bought some Canadian white bread and said it was great, the kids liked it too. I bought some BlackBean and Flaxseed tortilla chips and they are great. It is a "specialty" store and I am so happy they are building one in our area. We were pretty far away from home to go there. But as I said worth it.
I am finishing up Against the Fire and have the last book Against the Law to end up the 3 brother series by Kat Martin. I am really enjoying these sexy brothers and their prospective loves.
I hope you all have great weekends coming up and happy reading y'all.!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 am 

Hi, Danielle!

I'm sorry to hear that about the Johanna Lindsey book. I ordered it from Amazon, and it's due to be delivered in the next few days. She's always been an auto-read for me; but, I have to say, I've gotten bored with the Malory saga. When I read the description for her new one, it sounded like she was going back to her earlier style. I bought it because my library doesn't get her books for some reason. I'll post my thoughts when I read it, although it may hit my TBR pile.

I received an e-newsletter from Harlequin praising the books by Marie Force. Have you read many of her books? Do you recommend them?

I took your recommendation from several weeks ago about Maya Banks' KGI series -- I absolutely love them! I read all of them in just about a week and a half, and I'm anxiously waiting for the next one which will be released next week.

Right now, I'm finishing up Cheyenne Amber by Catherine Anderson. I love her books. I'm not sure what I'll pick up next.

Have a great weekend!

Frani

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:01 pm 

I'm reading Catherine Mann's Free Fall.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm 

Hi All,

This weekend re-reading...

The Last Man by Vince Flynn (11/12)

So very sorry to hear of his death.

This week finished....

Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery (4/12)
[A Blackberry Island Novel - 1]
(B Subtle) - Women's Fiction
PTSD heroine former army soldier

The Waterfall by Carla Neggers (5/00)
(C Kisses+) - RS
Blackmail - Political - Stalker - Woman Scorned

Heartthrob by Suzanne Brockmann (3/99)
(A- Warm) - CR
Actor - Alcoholic - Very Angsty - No Humor

This reminded me... if you like "Heartthrob", might try...

Honey Moon by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (6/93) (A Warm)

Return Engagement by Lynn Michaels (10/03) (A+ Warm)

Darkling, I Listen by Katherine Sutcliffe (9/01) (A Hot) -- RS

Danielle, bummer about the new Johanna Lindsey. Fran, I'm with you on the Malory Series, tired of them. Do you ever wonder sometimes if a family member or ghostwriter is writing for some of these older authors.

Books I've read with earlier mention...

Cheyenne Amber by Catherine Anderson (3/94)
(A+ Subtle) -- One of her best ever, I think.

Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown (7/91) (A Warm)
Linda, I read this one years ago, am recalling a lot of emotional pain. Not sure if it will read really, really dated now or not. I found that an old Ginna Gray contemporary didn't age so well for me recently.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:20 pm 

Happy weekend everyone! I've been reading Take Me Under by Rhyannon Byrd. It's SUPER HOT and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Earlier this week, I started reading A Little Harmless Sex by Melissa Schroeder. Unfortunately it really didn't work for me. I ended up saying "FORGET IT" and deleted it from my Nook and that's when I started Take Me Under. Definitely the right move!

We have our swimming divisional meet on Saturday and it'll probably take up most of the day. And since we're outside in the sun all day, usually when we get home, we're DONE - toast. I plan on Sunday to run do some final shopping for my vacation - I need a couple of pairs of new shorts since none of my others fit me. I bought 2 new bathing suits last night and I bought TWO sizes smaller than my suits from last summer. YEAH! :D

Everyone have a great weekend. The countdown is on for us...two weeks from today, at this exact time, we'll be on an airplane headed to Jamaica! WHOO HOO!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:35 pm 

have been on a re-reading kick for the last month or so but not planning on a lot of reading the next week. My DD and her family are up from SC :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm 

[color=#008080]Danielle, thanks for the feedback on the new Johanna Lindsay book. Think ill pass on it now.

Kylebmac, congrats on dropping two swim suit sizes - awesome achievement!

I'm still retreading medievals. Also, read Laura Moore's "Once Tempted" and Tracy Brown's "Highland Surrender".

In honor of Vince Flynn I'm going to reread "The Last Man". Also, going to join a group of his fans and preorder his book scheduled to come out in the Fall. I, too, think it would be a great tribute to him to make the book the highest preorder book on record.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dani
[/color]

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm 

Hi all. No real plans for the weekend. I'm making my way through SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrowes. I'm liking it so far :D It sort of feels like Maya Banks' KGI series which I love.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 pm 

Congrats to Kylebmac---unfortunately for me it would have to be 2 sizes bigger :lol:

Going to the farmers market to buy some fruit and hopefully fresh seafood. Afterwards, I will probably work in my garden.

I am re-reading an old Anne Stuart book--Into the Fire. It is pretty good, but kinda dated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:15 am 

muffin wrote:
Hi all. No real plans for the weekend. I'm making my way through SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrowes. I'm liking it so far :D It sort of feels like Maya Banks' KGI series which I love.

Muffin, glad you're enjoying SEAL of Honor! I have this book but I haven't read it yet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:57 pm 

Very busy at work this week. It felt like three weeks all rolled into one. Glad to have a few days off.

Last night I finished Shattered by Karen Robards. I liked it, but wish it would have had a little more suspense. Now I've started Fatal Justice by Marie Force. It's the second book in the Fatal series. I saw the new one is available now and I'll have to download it soon.