Post subject: Weekend Reading May 17-19
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:33 am 

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good week. Spring has finally come to the Chicagoland area. No big plans this weekend doing things around the house and grocery shopping.

I have to admit that I couldn't get into reading this past week -- I read the new Samantha Grace book -- an okay read and Jo Davis book --- hot hot hot. I'm going to start the new V K Skyes book -- Curveball.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading May 17-19
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am 

Dani, which Jo Davis book did you read? I finished the book I was reading this week this morning and I've been thinking about what I would read this weekend.

Are you talking about the new Sugar Land books? Let me know...you may have just sold me on them! :D

Things are still moving at an upswing here. Not sure if it's just another calm before another storm, but I'll take it.

I finished reading Get Out of My Life, but First Will you Drive me and Cheryl to the Mall by Dr. Anthony Wolf. HUGE eye opener regarding teens and how to deal with them. HUGE. I've been trying to practice several of the ideas in them and it seems to be actually working.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We have our first swim meet of the summer tomorrow morning and then hopefully for me...after I run by the store, I'll be able to just VEG OUT for the rest of the weekend. Have a good one girls!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 am 

kylebmac wrote:
Dani, which Jo Davis book did you read? I finished the book I was reading this week this morning and I've been thinking about what I would read this weekend.

Are you talking about the new Sugar Land books? Let me know...you may have just sold me on them! :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We have our first swim meet of the summer tomorrow morning and then hopefully for me...after I run by the store, I'll be able to just VEG OUT for the rest of the weekend. Have a good one girls!

Yes, I read the novella a few weeks ago and I finished up Sworn To Protect and it was a good read for me. I am looking forward to the other books in this series.

Hugs, Kyle, I have you in my thoughts and prayers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 am 

I just finished Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts which I loved. Yesterday evening I started Inferno by Dan Brown. I enjoyed his other books as well.

This weekend must be the official opening of outside festivals. We have the Asian Foodfest which I'd like to go to and Cincitalia which I'll probably go to (it's in the park I used to play in when I was a child). Lots of food and hopefully lots of walking to make up for the food. Also, this is a big Maifest weekend for German Cincinnatians (at least 3 Maifest celebrations going on) -- I'm thinking Sauerbraten and maybe strudel!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 am 

Danielle wrote:
kylebmac wrote:

Yes, I read the novella a few weeks ago and I finished up Sworn To Protect and it was a good read for me. I am looking forward to the other books in this series.

Hugs, Kyle, I have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Alright! Sold, that's what I'm going to read this weekend...Sworn to Protect. I have the novella as well...so I'll start there tonight.

Thanks Dani!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm 

Hello everyone. Things are going great, cross my fingers.
I am reading the new Spenser mystery and got Inferno from the library yesterday and hope to start it at the end of the weekend after I finish the Spenser.
Have a healthy and good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm 

Hi everyone.
Nice quiet weekend again... because everyone is going camping....not me. Not the greatest camper. I have to work tomorrow morning and then whatever else I want to do. I am halfway done with Wanna Get Lucky by Debrah Coonts. It is book club... I started it then took a break to read some of my mounting magazines.
Hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 pm 

No time to read this week, as I have a serious case of fried brain, trying to learn things for my new on call job. I am loving it, and my new coworkers are awesome. Looking forward to training being over in two weeks and getting back to just a few shifts a month.

I loved Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts! Actually it was hard to pick up anything after reading that book. Not sure if I will pick up the new Jo Davis series, as I am not a big fan of kids in books, especially the issues they deal with in this book. Been through enough drama with my son that I really don't care to read about it. I have 8 new books on my Kindle, so I'm not at a loss for anything new to read. Just need the time!

Kyle, happy to hear things are down to a dull roar for you and hope it stays that way for awhile.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
I just finished Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts which I loved. Yesterday evening I started Inferno by Dan Brown. I enjoyed his other books as well.

This weekend must be the official opening of outside festivals. We have the Asian Foodfest which I'd like to go to and Cincitalia which I'll probably go to (it's in the park I used to play in when I was a child). Lots of food and hopefully lots of walking to make up for the food. Also, this is a big Maifest weekend for German Cincinnatians (at least 3 Maifest celebrations going on) -- I'm thinking Sauerbraten and maybe strudel!

You're making me hungry. I love those types of festivals.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:56 pm 

I'm in a bit of a reading slump. I've been trying different books, but none of them are really interesting me. I did manage to finish two books this week. I read Amazon Lily by Theresa Weir and A Heart Full of Miracles by Stephanie Mittman. Both were good books, but I think they could have been a lot better. Maybe it's just my mood.

Not sure what I'll pick up next. Maybe a romantic suspense.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm 

I've started Second Grave to the Left by Darynda Jones. This is a fun series!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:27 pm 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I'm currently reading Sealed with a Kiss by Rachel Lucas, I've started and quit reading several other books lately that haven't held my interest, but this one is fabulous, full of British-isms, an easy and relaxing read.
I'm also reading on and off Henry V111 by Alison Weir, it's quite fascinating.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:00 am 

Reading Going, Going, Ganache - Jenn McKinlay, bit of ease reading after finishing UnBeautifully by Madeline Sheehan (5star)

Avoiding anything in public as I have just had a laser skin treatment on my face and look like I've got major sunburn after falling asleep under a net :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:55 am 

Reading Real by Katy Evans.

No big plans for the weekend. If it stops raining I may put down some mulch.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 pm 

Last home weekend for baseball for my son so we are going to all his baseball games. I am finishing up with my garden and now trying to get rid of lots of lettuce since lettuce doesn't freeze. I will plan on mowing grass tomorrow-Sun, and both of my sons will be here this weekend. My youngest son will be putting up tomato cages tomorrow---he is the best helper. My oldest of course, is planning a party for tomorrow, which means 20+ young men will be at my house----pizza??? Maybe I can talk them into a little salad?? Anyway, beautiful weather. I hope everyone can get out and enjoy life.

Kyle---I am so glad everything is looking up for you. Truly a blessing! That's great.

I am finishing a book that I started in Jan....Holly Lane by Toni Blake. So far I like it, even though it is a Christmas book so far.

Anyway, here is my garden....I wish I could send everyone some lettuce!!!

But not my black lab that decided to make his face known in the picture :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:34 pm 

Sorry, my picture won't go through--will keep trying

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:10 pm 

Unfortunately I had a lot of time to read last weekend with my DH in the hospital. I did a lot of re-reading of Karen Robards, Patricia Briggs and Nora Roberts.

At my physio appointment on Wednesday we got to talking about Suz Brockmann so that is where I am heading this weekend. More re-reads!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:05 pm 
Subscriber

Happy Weekend Everyone!

I'm reading For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison. She has one of the best paranormal series out there IMHO. Next will be Whiskey Beach, thanks Teri & Linda for the good review! I love NR, but was on the fence about this one since All About Romance gave it a C+.

Happy Reading!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 pm 

Hi All,

Am just finishing up...

The Autumn Bride by Anne Gracie (2/13)
[A Chance Sisters Romance - 1]
(B Warm)
1816, Regency London

Hope everyone and your loved ones are safe after the tornadoes this weekend.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.