Post subject: Weekend Reading May 3-5
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 am 

Happy May Everyone!!!!!

The work in the house is almost done and now comes the fun part of putting everything back....all the glasses need to be wash before we put them back. I never realized how many glasses and knick knacks we had.

I did get some reading in this week -- read and loved the new Lorraine Heath book -- Lord of Wicked Temptations and All the Right Moves by Jo Leigh. I started Against The Edge by Kat Martin.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have A Good Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading May 3-5
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:10 am 

I am still in a reread mood. Been reading medievals by Julie Garwood, Johanna Lindsey, Jude Deveraux .I would like to reread the Judith McNaught medievals (1?) and historicals but I can't find them for ereaders. Can anyone provide any insight for obtaining them?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:34 pm 

I am reading JG's Come the Spring. I thought I had read it before, but nothing is familiar. I must be getting it mixed up with another Spring book.

I have been in a terrible reading slump. Nothing I pick up that is new holds my interest. I picked up a couple Harlan Coben books at the library, on the basis of Linda's enthusiasm for his work, but could not work up an interest. I have NR's Whiskey Beach on reserve at the library. Perhaps, I will get it in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy your reading weekend.

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:54 pm 

I got all set to plant my summer veggie garden for this weekend-----well, it is suppose to rain/storm all weekend! So, I guess I will be doing that next weekend.

Since it is going to rain, hopefully, I can get some reading in. Plan on starting Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren, finished with Beautiful Bastard and loved it. I am also thinking of starting Mackenzie Phillips autobiography High on Arrival---my sister gave it to me 6 months ago and I never got around to reading it. Anyone read it??

I am desperately trying to get over this sinus/cold I have. It has knocked me on my butt for a few days. Very irritating. All I want to do in the middle of the day is sleep. I have not gone to the doctor...trying to wait it out..don't want to spend the time or $$ for a doctor to tell me what I already know. Taking Tylenol cold/sinus meds at night. Any suggestions on what to take for a cold/sinus??

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:08 pm 

Eaglegirl, we're trying to get ours in before the rain too. DH still has to till the garden so it's probably a losing proposition. I can tasted those homegrown tomatoes already!

I started Taking Eve by Iris Johansen and I'm loving it. After I finish it I'll start Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts if I can get it from the library. It's been "in transit" to my account for going on 2 weeks now. Someone's taking too long to read it LOL.

Beyond that there's a Cinco de Mayo festival in downtown Cincinnati tomorrow with food and music so I'm hoping to try that. Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:15 pm 

I am reading The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau-sequel to the crown-then will start either bare it all by lori foster or beauty awakened by gena showalter
No yard work can be done around here-10 inchs of snow on weds/thrusday gonna go to 2 library booksales!
hope I find some good stuff!
D

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:56 pm 

Reading: Extreme Love - Abby Niles

Listening to: Amarylis - Shinedown

Drinking: White (Silver Leaf) Tea

Planning: To reno my kitchen, for under $2,000, saw it on a home show last night, just what my little kitchen needs, basically referbing the cabinets with a laminate paint and new bench top cover....

Going to: AEROSMITH tonight whoo hooo! :mrgreen: 24 years since their last tour down under!

Next Job: Mow the lawns!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm 

Dani wrote:
I am still in a reread mood. Been reading medievals by Julie Garwood, Johanna Lindsey, Jude Deveraux .I would like to reread the Judith McNaught medievals (1?) and historicals but I can't find them for ereaders. Can anyone provide any insight for obtaining them?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Dani

Sorry Dani~ No insight into McNaught. I'm trying to be patient hoping that her books will come on audio someday. I love "Paradise" it's a favorite reread of mine and I would love to see that book on Kindle.

Happy reading everyone!

I'm finishing up "Forbidden" by Kelley Armstrong then it'll be a biography by Don Felder of The Eagles fame...."Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001)". I seem to be on a "Eagles" kick this week since I watched their newly released band bio on DVD. (POV Henley & Fry) So I wanted to get an inside scoop on what may have really happened for the band to break up. (Felders prospective) Can you tell I was a teen of the 70's...WooWho! 8)

Enjoy your weekend folks! Keep warm if you're still having snow.
Burrrrrrrr.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:47 pm 

Wow, a free weekend because my sis and her hubby went up to open their camp. I go up but not to open it. I always just get in the way.
I picked up Notorious Nineteen by J. Evanovich. I am glad that so far Steph is being true to Morelli. I am getting a bit tired of that...I can still laugh at a lot of the things that happen. I am just struggling to get out of this reading slump.

We are supposed to have a great weekend. I have a flea market to go to and then the foot doctors. Sunday is up for anything. Monday, two doctors appointments (gyno and then mammo) Monday is the Mystery Lovers Book Festival... can't wait to meet some of the new authors, and seeing some of the ones who always come.

Have a nice weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:21 pm 

Hi all! Had a decent reading week. Finished Nora's Whiskey Beach and really enjoyed it. One of her best stand alones in a long time, IMHO. I have now moved on to Christy Reece's new book Chances Are, another LCR book. It's book 10 in this series, and so far is excellent. But this is one of my favorite series, so my opinion may be a bit biased!

I got a lot of yard work done last weekend, and earlier in the week, only to have 14" of snow on Thursday. This is really getting depressing. I guess everything happens for a reason, but for those of us in the path of this storm, we have had enough! And the weight of the heavy, wet snow has done a lot of damage too. I have tulips, crocus and allium poking through the snow. We are supposed to have temps in the 70's next week, so the next concern will be flooding.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 pm 

currently reading "Bare it All" by Lori Foster and really enjoying it

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:52 pm 

Hi all. I worked today, then found out I'm being cut from 21 hours per week to 5. So no plans other than some walks, weather permitting, until Thursday. I'm getting ready to start Femme Fatale by Cindy Dees for review.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:02 pm 

Got back from a few days in New York City. Lots of walking, sightseeing, walking, good food, and more walking. Saw Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. The story has been updated and it was fun. Also saw Jersey Boys and totally loved it.

Didn't have anytime for reading while I was out of town. Finished Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione before leaving. Now reading Darkest Fear by Harlan Coben.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:43 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
Got back from a few days in New York City. Lots of walking, sightseeing, walking, good food, and more walking. Saw Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. The story has been updated and it was fun. Also saw Jersey Boys and totally loved it.

Didn't have anytime for reading while I was out of town. Finished Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione before leaving. Now reading Darkest Fear by Harlan Coben.

Welcome back from NY! I loved seeing Jersey Boys on Broadway too!
Sang along to every song. :D You?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am 

I'm reading Lori Foster's Run the Risk. Good so far!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:53 pm 

Over the weekend I was reading How Not to Lose Your Teen: Raising Kids Who Love God and You Too by Susan Cottrell. Very enlightening. Still working on it this week.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm 

^^^

Kyle ... how are things going with your son? I've kept you and your family in my thoughts and prayers lately.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:17 pm 

lynn4 wrote:
^^^

Kyle ... how are things going with your son? I've kept you and your family in my thoughts and prayers lately.

Thanks lynn. They are not good right now. But I'm trying to hand it to God and listen carefully for his response. Right now my son is not living here at home with us. He's staying with my parents.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:16 pm 

I'll continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Living with your parents right now sounds like a safe time-out for both you and your son. Hope it works out.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:46 pm 

Cigi004 wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:

Welcome back from NY! I loved seeing Jersey Boys on Broadway too!
Sang along to every song. :D You?

Yes, I knew every song and sang along. I forgot The Four Seasons had so many hits. Had the music in my head all night.