Post subject: Weekend Reading - April 26-28
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 am 

Hi Everyone!

Here it is the end of April and spring still has not come to the Chicagoland area!!!!!

I didn't read to much this past week, we are having some work done in the house and since husband was out of town I did all the packing to make way for the work to start today! Bookreader 7 invited me to attened Barbara Vey's Reader Luncheon on Saturday -- I'm looking forward to it.

I did manage to read The Summer He Came Home by Juliana Stone -- this is the first book in her Bad Boys of Crystal Lake series. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to reading the other bad boys books! I just started Heiress Without A Cause by Sara Ramsey.

Any weekend plans? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading - April 26-28
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 am 

Happy weekend everyone!

My oldest son is GONE!

Okay...just gone for the weekend...but gone nonetheless. He's at school this morning but his band is leaving on a trip to San Antonio for the weekend around lunch today.

I'm planning to spend some quality time with my YOUNGER son...who is currently reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick series. It's a YA series connected to the Dark-Hunters. I'm thinking about reading them as well...they look really good.

I read Beautiful Bastard and Beautiful Stranger this week by Christina Laurens. LOVED THEM. In fact, I haven't started anything else because they were so good.

I think because I loved them so much, I think I need a genre change for the weekend. So my current plan is to go work out later, then take my son out to dinner for fajitas and a margarita (well for me anyway! 8) ) and then come home and start Plague Nation by Dana Fredsti. It's the follow-up to Plague Town that I read and loved last year. It's a zombie book.

Everyone have a great, drama-free weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 am 

Hi everyone. I am kind of liking this weather.... in between... not too cold and not too hot. I have book club tomorrow and only read 3/4 of the book. It is a romance set in the time of the Johnstown flood here in Pa. A lot of history which made it boring for some of my fellow readers. I have to finish it tonight.

I am in some kind of a reading slump. I honestly have about 5 books started and can't finish one of them. I seem to get started than get distracted and put it down.... then am in the car waiting to pick up Maura after school, and start another one. NOTHING is grabbing me now. I only read 1 book all the way through. I hope next month I get all better!!! I hate when this happens. I sit in the middle of all my books in my spare room and pull one down... and then put it back.... Hate this!!!!

Other than book club... nothing else if going on. I have to clean my carpets and keep putting it off. Sassy is getting old and sometimes misses the pad... I have to go and get a heavy duty rug cleaner. I use my little one all the time, but need to get a better one. Not one of my favorite jobs.

Happy weekend all, and happy reading as usual!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm 

Busy week for me getting ready for some out of town trips next month. I'll be at Barbara Vey's Reader Luncheon tomorrow with Danielle. I am re-reading some of favorite Leanne Banks novels in anticipation of meeting her at the luncheon. Have a Beth Kery book Exposed to You, waiting for me to read and after that don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm 

Hello everyone. Have a healthy and happy weekend.
Well- I'm packing and doing last minute things ready for my moving on Monday. Wish me luck and say a prayer for me please that everything goes smoothly and will be okay. My brother-in-law painted most of the house this past week,especially spruced uop the bathroom and my room. Today my brother told me all about my room, the paint color, the bookcase for me, how many drawers the
dresser has, how many lamps(3)- it'll be the room with the most light plus natural daylight,two white walls and a mix of a green and yellow for the other two.
I hardly been reading this past week but hope to get to it next week. I just got this month's shipment of my Harl.medical romances.
i won't be on the computer for several days until everything gets hooked up. Speak to you then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm 

I have breakfast and a walk tomorrow and then no plans. I'm reading Gone With the Woof by Kristin Miller. It's pretty good so far, but I'm not too far along yet.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm 

PauletteW wrote:
Hi everyone. I am kind of liking this weather.... in between... not too cold and not too hot. I have book club tomorrow and only read 3/4 of the book. It is a romance set in the time of the Johnstown flood here in Pa. A lot of history which made it boring for some of my fellow readers. I have to finish it tonight.

What's the name of the Johnstown Flood book? I read one years ago and though it started out slow, I thought it was pretty good by the end. I think it was by Rosalyn Alsobrook.

I'm packing for suitcase this weekend for a few days in New York City with some friends. We're planning on seeing Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella while we are there. It just reopened about a month ago.

I just started Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione. I'm really enjoying this series.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:08 am 

Today was a beautiful day. I'm hoping that spring is starting to make an appearance. I want to wear flip flops and t-shirts!! :lol:
I have a couple of things to do this weekend. On Saturday, I'll be going to my cousins to celebrate her daughters 3rd birthday. Then on Sunday, it's my parents 42nd wedding anniversary. I'm taking them on a surprise dinner. I can never get one over on them, so I'm hoping I can this time.

I've been on a Hannah Howell kick this past week. I reread Highland Protector and couldn't get enough of the Murray Clan :wink: So to Amazon I went to order a few more. So far I've read Highland Bride, Highland Honor, and Highland Vow. I also bought Highland Promise. Since I prefer hardcover, I went to Better World Books and picked Highland Sinner and Highland Groom. I wish the other four had come in hardcover cause they are definitely keepers. My favorite so far has been Highland Vow. It was excellent and I shed quite a few tears. Plus, they happen to be the parents of the h from Highland Protector.

Although the stories were great and with a lot of emotion, I did have one issue with them. And that was that all the heroines are described as very tiny(with the exception of the h from Highland Protector). It kind of grosses me out that they are so skinny that they look like prepubescent girls. Since I'm not a tiny person, I like my h's to have some meat on their bones. Couldn't complain about the men though. They were muscular, brawny Scots :wink:
Sorry, I didn't mean to go into a mini rant :oops:

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:07 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
PauletteW wrote:

What's the name of the Johnstown Flood book? I read one years ago and though it started out slow, I thought it was pretty good by the end. I think it was by Rosalyn Alsobrook.

I'm packing for suitcase this weekend for a few days in New York City with some friends. We're planning on seeing Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella while we are there. It just reopened about a month ago.

I just started Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione. I'm really enjoying this series.

I remember the one you are talking about... it was a Time travel... right? This one was called In Sunlight, in a beautiful garden by Kathleen Cambor. I was the only one who liked it the most.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 pm 

PauletteW wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:
PauletteW wrote:

I remember the one you are talking about... it was a Time travel... right? This one was called In Sunlight, in a beautiful garden by Kathleen Cambor. I was the only one who liked it the most.

I'll have to check it out. Sounds interesting. I read the time-travel by Rosalyn Alsobrook and thought it was just OK. But she wrote a historical romance called EMERALD STORM that was set during the Johnstown Flood that I thought was really pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

The weekend got away from me again, but it was a great one with weather sunny and in the 70's. spent the entire weekend out in the gardens and working on new landscaping out front. Now I'm exhausted!

I did get about halfway through Nora's new book Whiskey Beach, and it's great. She breaks the book into three section, and it works so well. Leave it to her do do something innovative and run with it!

Unfortunately, I get about two books a month read, and my "to buy" list has pretty much turned in to the "maybe someday" list. I now have over 1200 books in Mt. TBR and life keeps getting in the way, so my buying is way down from what it used to be. Life changes, and someday it will change back and I will get more reading done! But for now, other things come first.

On the flip side, I was offered a really nice on call supplemental position at Mayo, so I will be heading back to work on a very part time basis this week. $'s for New Orleans in 2014!!!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am 

Crazy weekend! We had some out of town company come in. I am not too fond of the woman, but like her parents. Hubby and I went to my son's baseball game Fri night---of course in the rain and cold. Sat, I went out of town to help my other son at college with a market street festival where he was selling his woodwork--furniture that he hand makes from carving wood. He is a very good carpenter. He sold sold alot and made a bunch of money. We had a great time. The weather was beautiful. Hubby took the company out to dinner Sat night. I came back in on Sun and went to the ball game. I now have a bad cold/sinus/allergy. I am such in a fog and all I want to do is go to sleep.

Robin---I am listening to Larissa Ione's first Demonica book Pleasure Unbound. I have read these before, and needed an audiobook to listen to while I was driving to see my son. I forgot how really good they are. I hope she continues with this series, but I think she has another series out and I wonder if it is as good---Lords of Deliverance.

I am also listening to JR Ward's Fallen Angel series. I have read Covet and liked it, so I am now listening to Crave and really like it.

Started Beautiful Bastard yesterday, while trying to watch my son's baseball game :lol: had to put it down when I got to the first sexual encounter--too much blushing going on at a ballgame :lol: :oops: ---really love it. Thanks Kyle for the recommendation.