Post subject: Weekend Reading April 5-7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:56 am 

Happy Friday!!!!!

I had a wonderful time in Florida with family and didn't want to come back. No big plans for this weekend except catching up on the shows I recorded, shopping and laundry.

I did get in some reading while husband was driving to and from Florida:

The Truth of About Georgiana by Karen Lingefelt C/warm
Secrets of a Runaway Bride by Valerie Bowman B+ hot
Northern Rebel by Jennifer LaBrecque B/hot++

I'm at the very beginning of Thrill Ride by Julie Ann Walker and up next the new Julie James book -- Love Irresistibly.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading April 5-7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am 

Hi everyone.... hope the weather is as good where you are as it is here. Yay, sunshine.

I can't do too much this weekend because my car is at the mechanics and I will have to hoof it wherever I want to go. (That would do my fat butt some good, so all is well..some unexpected exercise.)

I am reading Jackie Collins new book Power Trip. Her stories are always so outrageous and I read them pretty fast. I always try to see who she may have written a character after in real life. She says she doesn't but who knows... they sound like some real people in show business. My one pet peeve with her writing (and Danielle Steele does it too) is describing something over and over again. Example: the lead movie star... everyone loves him.. he is a hearthrob... he is loved by all, he is so handsome...etc..... all in the same page or repeated a page or too later... and then later again... same description. Shouldn't this be caught by someone other than me? I am always laughing or being shocked over something Collins writes so I have tried to just skip over the repeating parts.

Not sure what is up next.

Still haven't heard about my granddaughter Maura's meds being approved by the insurance company. I may not have mentioned it here before but she was diagnosed with Chron's and it is in a pretty serious stage. She is only 11 and doesn't complain much except she is loosing weight and has stomach aches, etc. We were turned down twice for Remicad (I think that is how you spell it... infusions every two months for the rest of her life.) My son in law works for the state and his HR department is now involved and they had a hearing the week before Easter. This is the last resort before lawyers get involved if turned down again. The insurance co. wants her to use the other drugs....first, then last ,the good stuff.... the doctors argued against it and lost the 1st two appeals. Keep her in your prayers, please.
I hate insurance companies. Just thought I would say that. They are monsters who rule what we should get and not get. Go the most inexpensive route first... wow.... what are they doing with the money that they get from us every month.
Sorry about the rant... it just makes me crazy sometimes.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.
JUST GOT THE NEWS MINUTES AGO....MAURA WAS APPROVED FOR THE MEDS.....THANK YOU GOD.

Last edited by PauletteW on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 am 

Happy weekend girls!

Paulette, I agree with you and hope she gets the meds soon!

Right now I'm reading Riding on Instinct by Jaci Burton. I'm enjoying the Wild Riders series a lot.

This was a big book buying month for me. Lots that came out in March and April, fortunately May doesn't have much coming out I'm interested in.

My company picnic is this weekend and we're going but other than that...not much else. We're having a weird late season cold snap...so I'm ready for some more warm weather.

I tried a new exercise class this last week, called Body Pump. It's a weight lifting class and I liked it. I'm going to try to make it weekly on Tuesdays at 5:30 to see if I can get my muscles really going so maybe my weight loss will pick up again.

Have a great weekend girls!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 am 

Hi Everyone!

Our temp yesterday here in NE Georgia yesterday was 31 degrees. Our normal should be 72 .So come on Spring!

I am reading WHAT HAPPENS IN SCOTLAND by Jennifer McQuiston ( a new author for me). It looks like a good read so far.

I had MOHS surgery for a Basel Cell Carcinoma on my face on Wed, Stitches on my chin, Ugh! And a big fat lip. Just going to stay around the house and watch some of the Final Four Basketball. Am rooting for the "Shockers" of Witchita State.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:49 pm 

I should finish Shadow Woman by Linda Howard either today or tomorrow. I like it.

In the prologue, secret service agents race to the President's private quarters. They rush in to find the President shot by the First Lady, who then turns her gun on the agents.

I haven't peeked at the end (yet) but have not unraveled the mystery so far.

I have no idea what to read next.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm 

Going to read Gone with the wind.Over 1400 pg long.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:03 pm 

Still reading Lover At Last by JR Ward, but should finish this weekend. Up next, either Julie James’ Love Irresistibly or Emma Wildes’ A Most Improper Rumor.

No big plans, some spring cleaning both inside and out, shopping for some luggage and dinner out on Saturday night.

Have a great weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 pm 

@Paulette - I understand what you're going through with your son-in-laws insurance not wanting to pay for the prescribed meds. I work for the state too and have been fighting with the insurance company over my diabetes medicine. It's ridiculous that they can over-rule the doctor in telling what they can prescribe.

I had the day off and had to pick up my new glasses and contacts. (Need to be able to see those books!) While I was in the neighboring town, I went to the used book store. It's probably the only bookstore left in a 50 mile radius. I can't remember the last time I was in an actual book store. I took about an hour to look around and loved it. Picked up some books by Emily March, Shannon Stacey and Devon Monk.

Last night I started J.R. Ward's Lover at Last. Good so far.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:50 pm 

I finished 'Did You Miss Me?' by Karen Rose this a.m. and really enjoyed it, although it did feel a tad long (500+ pages). I really wish she would write Clay Maynard's/Stevie Mazzetti's story, although neither one was mentioned in the excerpt from her new book 'Watch Your Back' (not due until February 2014 :cry: ).

Immediately afterward, I swung into 'Shades of Midnight', book 7 of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. I normally steer clear of vampire stories, but I have read a few books in this series and surprisingly enjoyed some, others not so much. I came across books 7, 8 and 9 at the ubs, so thought I would give them another go. So far, I am liking this installment a lot--really loving the 6'6" Kade :oops: .

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...HR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 pm 

Finished Vortex by Cherry Adair, finishing up Fairytale Come ALive - Kristen Ashley, which will be followed up with her new series starter Own the Wind.

At the moment I have picked up my crocheting from 2 years ago and have once again become addicted, which is probably good, give reading a bit of a break. I plan on making a throw rug for my futon.... might take another few years... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:05 pm 

I FINALLY finished Discount Armageddon by Seanan Maguire. It was a fun read, I don't normally do urban fantasy but I'm glad I did. I certainly never would have expected the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost to have a major part in a book that I read.

I'm now reading Real Men Don't Quit by Coleen Kwan, I snagged a review copy. So far it's kind of like a Harlequin. I don't normally do contemporaries but I wanted something a bit different. I'm enjoying it though.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 am 

Hubby and I went to visit our son in college. Great weekend. I always love seeing both my sons and it was a beautiful weekend.

Still reading/listening to Lover at Last by JR Ward. It is good HOWEVER---the slang and name brand bragging is getting on my nerves! Can hardly follow the plot without getting angry. I know it is typical Ward BDB but I guess I am getting older and cranky---just give me the book in plain English! Not a fan of ghetto slang!