Post subject: Weekend Reading - March 29-31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:56 pm 

HAPPY EASTER!!! HAPPY SPRING!!!

I apologize for the delay in getting the weekend reading post started. Dani asked me to do this and I have been busy - reading! Dani is basking in the Florida sun and warm weather with her family as she does every Easter. Isn't this early for Easter?? I always think April for Easter.

I have actually had a great reading week - the first really good reading week for me in 2013! I finished Christie Ridgway's latest Beach House #9 trilogy and loved it. The first and last books were my favorites, and the one in between wasn't all that bad. It just didn't grab me the way the others did. This morning I started Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas, and pretty much lost track of everything! So, that means for me it's a good book.

All is done concerning my dad's move. :D This week I have pretty much just kicked back, read a lot and done things that I have not been able to enjoy doing for the last 3 months, like sleep in and just be lazy!

The temps here are indicating spring is on the way too! What a welcome relief. My arthritis and fibro need sun and yesterday I plopped my old lawn chair right out on the driveway for a half hour and read, and my joints felt so much better after that!

Dad will come here for Easter, and the request is for a turkey. Since it's just the 4 of us, (DD has to work) I will get a turkey breast and fix that with all of our favorites along with it.

Enjoy your Easter, and time with family and friends!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading - March 29-31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm 

I just finished Low Pressure by Sandra Brown. Good enough - no more, no less. I don't know if this will make sense but it was "very Sandra Brown."

I'm also reading Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - for the third time. I just like that book!

Plan to start Shadow Woman by Linda Howard. Hoping it's "very Linda Howard." :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:21 pm 

just finishing re-reading Crystal Garden by Amanda Quick and started Wolf with Benefits.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 pm 

Rain Rain go away!! I hope Dani is having a marvelous time in the sun! I so wish I was there!

My son came home from college so we are always thrilled to see him. We are going over to his girlfriends house to eat dinner tonight. I will be cleaning the house tomorrow morning and hopefully getting a bit of reading in....just downloaded Lover At Last by JR Ward. So excited about starting it. Easter Sunday, we will spend lunch with my father and his side of the family at his country club. Then hubby and me and son are going to go to Vanderbilt to watch our oldest son play baseball. They play Tennessee and hope they beat the pants off them :)

Hope all here have a very safe and blessed Easter weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm 

lynn4 wrote:
I just finished Low Pressure by Sandra Brown. Good enough - no more, no less. I don't know if this will make sense but it was "very Sandra Brown."

Plan to start Shadow Woman by Linda Howard. Hoping it's "very Linda Howard." :wink:

I was walking by a bookcase today while cleaning, and eyeballed a Sandra Brown book I haven't read, and wondered if I could stomach a "Sandra Brown book" right now. What's up with that??!!? Your comment cracked me up!!! But I do like Sandra Brown when I'm in the mood. She has become a bit old school. :roll:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 pm 

I just Caleb by Emma Lang. It's the third in her Circle Eight series and the h is a blacksmith.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:34 pm 

Teri - I'm glad you're out of your reading slump. I love Lisa Kleypas' books and hope to read Crystal Cove soon. Let me know what you think of it.

Right now I'm reading Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione. It's part of her Demonica series and very entertaining. I just got my copy autographed of Lover at Last by J.R. Ward in the mail. I won't have time to start it this weekend, so I'm saving it for next weekend when I can read to all hours of the night and not worry about getting up to go to work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 am 

I'm finishing up Running Wild by LInda Howard(not one of her best IMO but I like it well enough - not wild about suspense and this one has a tad of it though most of the story the stalker's been 'hidden') yet not enough romance for me - there's sex but not feeling it between the couple for some reason. have a little over 100 pages to go. library ebook.

been trying to go ebook format (mostlyon my ipad) to save space and declutter but got 2 books from the library - Jayne Ann Kentz's new one(think it's the newest) and a paperback mystery I haven't gotten around to reading even after renewing it and it's due Monday...will have to see! not used to holding a regular book- got used to eating with my ipad propped up in it's holder! spoiled...

also have some other ebooks I've purchased/gotten free or have free from library so will look through my ebooks if I finish these other books.

April 1 and 2 a BUNCH of ebooks will magically appear on my ipad kindle app! :-) happy camper about that!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:11 am 

Just finished Ruined by Midnight by Emma Wildes, and it was a 2 for 1 romance. It seems that her books always have two romances happening at the same time. Last night I started Lover at Last by JR Ward. I always look forward to the Black Dagger Brotherhood and the town of Caldwell. Having grown up in a town on the Hudson River in Upstate NY; I always feel like I’m returning home. Of course I don’t remember any guys looking quite like the Brothers.

Headed to the in-laws later for an early Easter Dinner so I will have to put my Nook down to make a few casseroles to take along.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:46 am 

Hi everyone!
It is still a bit cold out but I gave up wearing my coat...maybe a taunt to Mother Nature... let Spring begin already!!
I am just finishing up The 7th Victim and am ready to start J.Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum book. I also have Power Trip by Collins.... I don't know why I like her books... but I always have to read them and I read them pretty quick.

We are going to my sister's house for Easter and everyone will be there this year. Usually Scott and Sharyn take the kids to Grammy's in Allentown... but Grammy's dad just died (Scott and kids went up for funeral) and they are all in mourning. He was a really neat character... I enjoyed talking to him when he came to Pgh to visit the kids. RIP Pops.

I am planning on going to Mass with Scott tonight. He is interpreting and I enjoy it when he does it.... just one of his many talents and I am learning some sign language from watching him. (That is how he and Sharyn met... at a Deaf Comedy Club... neither are deaf, but have friends who are and friends fixed the two up... a GREAT match IMO.) It gave me the best grandkids ever!!!

Happy Easter and happy reading everyone.

Last edited by PauletteW on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:34 pm 

A Matter of Scandal by Suzanne Enoch
I Kissed an Earl by Julie Ann Long

Feeling under the weather....
:?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:11 pm 
Subscriber

I'm reading Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill and I'm really enjoying it so far. Thanks for recommending this series Linda!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:22 pm 

Happy Easter all!

We left late Thursday and ran down to Galveston for Good Friday and my parent's anniversary. We game back this morning. The weather was outstanding yesterday. Sun shining in the blue sky most all day, temps around 72 but the sun was super warm. We layed out by the pool at the San Luis Resort all day and drank adult beverages!! :D

I went grocery shopping this morning - I'm tired! I was supposed to work...but I am just too tired. I'm about to put the groceries up and then get horizontal with my Nook.

Currently I'm reading Riding Wild by Jaci Burton. It's book 1 of the Wild Riders. I'm going to start the second book, Riding Temptation after.

I have Lover At Last on my Nook but I'm saving it for a weekend where I'll have time to read it all the way through. Not this weekend and not next either...hopefully the weekend after that!!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend ladies!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:39 pm 

I ended up picking up an HP - not my usual cuppa but a few times I've bought some and happened to find it and tossed it on my desk..well somehowI ended up pickingit up and started reading - was over halfway through before sleeping after night shift and finished it tonight. Lynne Graham's The Greek Tycoon's Defiant Bride. pretty good. just hope I dont end up addicted to these! :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am 

I picked up 3 books at the ubs earlier in the week, read 2 of them and am now down to my last remaining book. First, I read 'The Secret Sister' by Elizabeth Lowell and, frankly, found it quite dull. The H/h were likeable enough, but the story just lacked zing for me. Next, I read 'Far Harbor' by JoAnn Ross and it was all right, but I found the h tiresome. Waiting in the wings is 'Did You Miss Me?' by Karen Rose. I have read (and enjoyed) her books and I am expecting no less of this one.

Happy Easter to all...HR