Post subject: Delilah Marvelle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 pm 

I love her books! I finished reading her latest, Lady of Pleasure, and I thought it was fantastic. I read it in 2 days. I love her humor. She had me laughing and crying. I love the dialog between Caroline and her sisters. I also loved her friendship with Caldwell. I read her first two books in this series and all of her Scandal books. I am so happy that she picked up with her Pleasure books and can't wait until the fall for another one.

Has anyone read any of her Forever books? I wonder what they are like.

Post subject: Re: Delilah Marvelle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm 

I read one of the Forever books. Mental blank on the title and plot but I know I thought it was ok...

I think the one w/the hero boxer...hoping that's the right plot....ok got the title Forever a Lord!

I liked the hero was independently wealthy and the heroine was ordinary. Rare to see books like that!

My only negative was how ready the divorce word was thrown around as tho it was acceptable for that time. Sometimes it seems authors forget the time period they are writing by including modern attitudes.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 pm 

I just finished Lady of Pleasure and want to try some of her other books. Did you have another favorite of hers?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 pm 

I truly loved her first two books in her Pleasure series. I believe the titles are Lord of Pleasure--which is Alex's book and Mistress of Pleasure, Edmond's book. Both are very well written and lots of humor. Then she took a break and left her readers hanging to see if she was going to finish the other 3 books. So I was thrilled to know that she came back with the 3rd book Lady of Pleasure and in the fall will be the 4th book. Can't wait.

Her Scandal books are also very good. Prelude to Scandal, The Perfect Scandal, and Once Upon a Scandal.

To me, it is rare to find an author that can write such funny stories. It was if I was in the bedroom with Caroline and her sisters laughing right along. I guess because that is what my sisters and I use to do all the time.