Post subject: Weekend Reading March 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 am 

Hello Everyone!

Happy Spring!!!!!

I hope everyone had a good week. I have another busy weekend running around and doing errands and laundry!

I had a bad week for reading -- I haven't been reading not in the mood, I did read:

Lady of Pleasure by Delilah Marell -- excellent book and I'm currently reading And Then She Fell by Stephanie Laurens. Up next I have no idea!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have a good weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading March 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am 

I am listening to Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan which is GREAT! speaker has a great voice.

Just finished Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell on audio which was great.

I am taking it easy this weekend as we went out of state to visit my grandparents last weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 am 

Hi everyone,

I finished Angels Rest by Emilie March and I'm halfway through the 4th book in Jaci Burton's Play-by-Play series, Playing to Win. Not a page turner like the first two, but okay.

Have a lot of paperwork to do this weekend and I just joined a health club (again). Hope to start exercising this weekend, I really need it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 pm 

Where is Spring? Another week and we should be good I think. Rainy weekend forecast for us. I need sunny days!

I'm watching a lot of basketball this weekend. I love the "March Madness" games. Do you fill out a bracket? We have an extended family pool so that's always fun.

This week I've been reading The Return of the Highlander's" series by Margaret Mallory - I've finished the first three and getting ready to start The Chieftain later today. They are quick reads and I was in the mood for a Scotland historical. Haven't decided which is my favorite hero/heroine yet. Anyone else read them? What did you think?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm 

Happy weekend all!

I have been reading Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton this week. I normally like Burton, but this particular book isn't really doing much for me. I expect I'll finish it up this weekend and maybe catch up on my magazine reading. Not sure what I'll ready next. I'll have to check my Nook library! :D

We have swim team sign ups this weekend I have to work on Saturday and I'll probably work some as well. Have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm 

currently reading Written in Blood by Anne Bishop.

Spring has not arrived here as of yet; we received a dump of about 8" yesterday. I wonder if it has anything to do with my DD being up from SC. :lol:

This is now the second trip she has made with her son where we have received unusually heavy snow falls and ended up house bound as a result.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:46 pm 

Last weekend I planted my "spring" garden full of cool weather plants. Of course last weekend was beautiful and 70 degrees. This week the weather has been awful! Threatening snow. I am too scared to look at my poor garden. I bet the lettuce is frozen and wilted! Makes me sick to think about it. I worked so hard and literally couldn't walk for 2 days---legs and back ached from hoeing! I may brave it and take a peek tomorrow. It is suppose to rain all weekend and possibly snow tonight.

Hubby and I are going to our son's baseball game tonight and tomorrow night. They play Florida, so it should be good---however I am sooo ready for spring weather. Hate sitting out in the rain and cold at baseball games!

I have just started reading an old Sandra Brown book Led Astray. So far it has been pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:50 pm 

^^^
EAGLEGIRL47 - If you like Led Astray, look for The Devil's Own, which follows it.

I'm picking up Low Pressure by Sandra Brown tomorrow at the library.

I've also been wanting to reread Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. Maybe I'll start that tonight.

(This week I read The Enemy by Lee Child - #8 in the Jack Reacher series - in 2-3 days. I've liked several of the mid-series books better than the first two or three, so I'm glad I've continued reading the series.)

Last edited by lynn4 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 pm 

Reading struggle for me too, this week....

Trying to finish Beautiful Sacrifice - Elizabeth Lowell, ........
also started Fury by - Laura Dohner, not really getting into it, the "I hate her, should kill her, I want her, I want to hurt her, blah, blah" is wearing me down..... may not finish that one.....

Trying to organise a Pop Up yoga class this arvo, waiting from the ok from the studio owners...

Wonderingif I should get my grey hairs covered, or own 'em!

Cleaning my house and Listening to "Thunder in My Heart" by Leo Sayer and now it's "Tobacco Road" David Lee Roth.....

Have a good one!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:48 am 

I'm still reading Discount Armageddon from last week...just haven't been inclined to pick up the e-reader and when I do, I sit and stare into space.

Work today. Blech.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 am 

Happy Spring everyone! Although I must admit, it is about as far from spring here that you can get! Some day it will decide to come and melt all of the mountains of snow we currently have.

I am on the next book in Christie Ridgway's series, Bungalow Nights. It's good, but not as good as the first book. It is still keeping me entertained, and that's really all that matters.

Trying to finish up with stuff at my dads, and we're almost there. Ready for the auctioneer to pick everything up and haul it away. Then the cleaning lady comes and we are finally finished and he is tucked away in his new apartment. Lots of changes for both of us, and sad saying goodbye to the home I grew up in.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 pm 

Is Winter ever going to be over? I'm so sick of the cold and snow. Sounds like we're going to have more of it next week. I'm not looking forward to it.

Last night I finished Fatal Affair by Marie Force. Thought it was a great beginning to her Fatal series. I'm looking forward to reading more. Now I've started Forget Me Not by Marliss Melton. Good so far.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:59 pm 

JaniceC wrote:

I read a review for this book and thought it sounded interesting. Let me know what you think of it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

booksreader7 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I finished Angels Rest by Emilie March

Bookreader7 - What did you think of the Emily March book. I read a review of her latest book and thought I might like it. When I checked it out, I saw it was the 7th in a series with Angel's Rest being the first one. I'm wondering if it's worth reading.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:41 pm 

Yet again, I am reading the final book in my now depleted TBR stack--'A Deeper Darkness' by J.T. Ellison, the first in her Samantha Owens series, a spin-off of her Lieutenant Taylor Jackson books. Sam is a highly respected Medical Examiner who moves to Washington, D.C. after the death of her husband and twins in a flood in Nashville, Tennessee. So far, so good.

Earlier this week, I read 'Where All The Dead Lie', the last (for now) Taylor Jackson book and 'Sarah's Child' by Linda Howard. There was a bit of a discussion on last weekend's Weekend Reading thread regarding the latter book, and I have to say that I neither loved nor hated it. The H was definitely an a$$, but he had his reasons for being so. The h was far too conciliatory (in my opinion), but she had her reasons, too. It was an O.K. read, which made it 2 stars out of 5 for me (on my rating scale).

Having a spring-like day here on Canada's west coast: sunny, breezy and 45F.

Have a good weekend all...HR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:03 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
JaniceC wrote:

I read a review for this book and thought it sounded interesting. Let me know what you think of it.

I enjoyed it and gave it 3 of 5. The only drawback is you can tell it is the first book of a series but I really enjoyed the characters. They were nicely fleshed out and I want to read more about them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am 

Reading Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis. This is the third book in her Animal Magnetism series. It has been good so far.

Wish we were having more spring-like weather, but cold and wet again. Last weekend was just a tease. DH and I went out last night to celebrate a friend’s 50th Birthday. We had a great time.