Post subject: Weekend Reading Mar. 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 am 

Aloha Everyone!!!!

For those of us who do Daylight Savings Time --

Don't forget to SPRING Ahead!

I have a busy weekend again -- On Saturday we have a dentist appointment and then on Sunday it's my turn to host our monthly pinochle card. Hopefully I can get some reading in on Saturday after doing everything I need to do for Sunday.

I had a good week for reading I read the following books:

The Last Debutante by Julia London - above average read
Always On My Mind by Bella Andre - I love this series and once again --- the h/h go like the Everready Bunny after they have sex
Lonely Is The Night by Stephanie Tyler - WOO HOO this is Reid and Grier's story -- note this is a novella. We also get a peak at her new Section 8 series.
I'm currently reading Thrown By A Curve by Jaci Burton -- another series I'm loving!

I'm thinking of reading either the new Liz Carlyle or Madeline Hunter book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading!

Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Danielle on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading mar. 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am 

After a week of good weather it is now back to fog, rain and snow predicted for Monday. Yuk.
DD, her BF and I achieved a lot at MIL's flat last weekend. 20 bags of rubbish and 15 for charity plus stuff my BIL is going to keep.
It makes you realise how much cr*p you accumulate over the years and even though I have been going through my own stuff I am going to be more ruthless re the stuff I never use, wear or read.
Although I am still on a shorter book/Mills & Boon read-fest I managed Gail Ranstroms A Daring Liaison which I enjoyed and 3 novellas (An Introduction to Pleasure - Jess Michaels and A Week of Pleasure - Christie Kelley were particularly hot!). Currently I am reading a Cathy Williams I have only just started and next I think it will be a re-read of A Rogue By Any Other Name prior to One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean.
Nothing planned for the weekend so I shall be catching up on TV stuff and reading. It is Mothers Day here in the UK on Sunday and I have already received a lovely bunch of flowers from DD. Unfortunately I shall have to make my own breakfast - usually a perk on Mums Day.
Have a good one, Ladies.
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:47 am 

sheila in england wrote:
Nothing planned for the weekend so I shall be catching up on TV stuff and reading. It is Mothers Day here in the UK on Sunday and I have already received a lovely bunch of flowers from DD. Unfortunately I shall have to make my own breakfast - usually a perk on Mums Day.
Have a good one, Ladies.
Sheila

Happy Mother's Day Sheila!!!!

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 am 

Happy Mother's Day Shelia!
We are suppose to have temps near 70 this weekend. Yeah!We are having the grand daughter (age six) for the weekend. Her parents were invited to a wedding that had on the invitation NO CHILDREN, pretty cheeky, I say. The wedding is at 2 PM, but we love having her with us.

Reading wise I finally finished ONE GOOD EARL DESERVES A LOVER. I am giving it a B. Not as good as A ROGUE BY ANY OTHER NAME.
I bought a slew of new releases last week. Liz Caryle, Madelaine Hunter, Teresa Mederios. Probably will not get much reading done this weekend.

Shelia,you are so right about us all accumulating so much
STUFF. Here in the States as soon as we fill our houses we rent storage units to fill with more STUFF. That means we are paying monthly rent to store stuff, we don't need, don't use and probably never will. Luckily I did a BIG clean out about five years ago. We had two pianos, a studio and a baby grand. Yes, we still have the baby grand. It is 1912 Steinway.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Mar. 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 am 

Happy weekend all!

I am currently sitting in the Marriott Courtyard in Trussville, Alabama. Shortly I'm going to a bride's lunch for my nephew's soon to be wife, then rehearsal dinner tonight.

Wedding tomorrow night.

We're supposed to stay until Tuesday and we may run down to Tuscaloosa and see the Alabama campus for my son.

I'm finishing up the New Species series. I've been reading them for weeks. I'm enjoying them but after 9 books...I'm ready to read something new. The one I'm on is called Shadow.

Have a great weekend ladies!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 pm 

Right now I am struggling through Paullina Simons "Children of Liberty", the prequel of The Bronze Horseman (which was one of my all time favorite books). "Children" is incredibly boring. The characters are flat and uninteresting, dialogue long and does not seem to move the story at all. Never quite read one like it and that is NOT a good thing this time. I'm terribly disappointed, as I was so looking forward to this book. I'm determined to finish it (though I normally never would stick with a book that is this bad) but since I loved TBH so much, I want to be able to say I've read them all. But I'm afraid the second half is going to be by skimming a lot.

Next up I have one that has jumped ahead of the pack of TBR books. "The Sea of Tranquility" by Katja Millay. I saw a post on Twitter about how many think this is the best book ever. Looking on Amazon, it has 423 rated it 5 stars and 29 at 4. So, I've got to check it out!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm 

I haven't had a very productive week. One of the girls I babysit has been sick this whole week. There's been a very bad fever going through the school. So I've basically been sitting around.

The weather here is horrible the last few days. Wednesday afternoon was dreary. Yesterday was very windy and cold. About 50mph winds at times. Now today it's snowing. We got about a good 4 inches so far. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend and the beginning part of next week will be in the 50s. Spring is coming...I hope :mrgreen:

The books I read this week are The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell by Samantha James, Mastering the Marquess by Vanessa Kelly, What a Woman Needs by Caroline Linden, and Scandal by Carolyn Jewel. All of them, with the exception of Scandal are rereads. Carolyn Jewel was a new to me author. The book was ok, but I won't be reading anything else of hers. I'm almost finished reading Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt. I really like it. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Happy weekend everyone!!

Last edited by brwneyedbeauty on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'm going to give the 3 chapter rule for Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I read the spoilers here and I doubt I'll finish it but I want to know enough to be able to tell my SIL I gave it a good try. After that I may try Beautiful Creatures. Not sure but maybe. It's supposed to be beautiful here this weekend and I really hope I can spend some of it outside. This is my youngest 23rd birthday and we'll probably celebrate with him over the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 pm 

Happy Mother's Day, Sheila!!!

Today I spent the morning cleaning my livingroom carpet. How does it get so dirty?

This past week I tried some new (to me) authors. First I read Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. This was an interesting story with a unique plot. I didn't know until I was reading the end that this was the first book in a series. I checked out the other books and they're not getting very good reviews compared to this one. Don't know if I'll continue the series, but I did enjoy this book.

Yesterday I read Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey. This is the first book in a contemporary romance series called The Kowalskis. I had a hard time putting this one down and will definitely be continuing this series.

Not sure what to pick up next. Since I have a long weekend I'm hoping to read Ten Ways to be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean and Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 pm 

I plan to read Nalini Singh's Wild Invitation. Also, my brother is getting married for the third time so we will be discussing wedding plans over the weekend.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 pm 

Thank you for your best wishes. I have been invited in for dinner next door so I won't be on my own all day.
brwneyedbeauty - I know we like the same books so do give Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel a chance. It is one of my (very few) keepers.
Dani - I will reply to your e-mail soon. Sorry.
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 pm 

sheila in england wrote:
Thank you for your best wishes. I have been invited in for dinner next door so I won't be on my own all day.
brwneyedbeauty - I know we like the same books so do give Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel a chance. It is one of my (very few) keepers.
Dani - I will reply to your e-mail soon. Sorry.
Sheila

Brwneyebeauty,

I second Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm 

Good Weekend All,

I'm reading an ARC of Julie Ann Walker's "Thrill Ride", it's really good!.

Still listening to Nora Roberts' O'Hurley series, a little dated but enjoyable.

I'm dog sitting for a friend this weekend and all next week. I plan to read "Baby It's Cold Outside" by Addison Fox and Father to Be by Marilyn Pappano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 pm 

Other than working tomorrow, I'm hoping for relaxation this weekend...it's been go, go, go this week...three doctors in two days. Egads.

I started The Christie Curse by Victoria Abbott today while I was at the doctor's office. It's a cozy mystery and so far it's good.

http://cindy-betweenthepages.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm 

The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James (on audio)
Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper

Have a great weekend!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:10 pm 

Happy Friday everyone! May your weekend be full of adventure and cheer, and may the start of next week be a long ways from here.

I’m reading Thrown By A Curve by Jaci Burton. I’ve also been enjoying this series. I’ve always liked stories featuring sports stars.

I also enjoyed the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. I’m all up to date on it and looking forward to the next one: Moon out early May. They are quick reads and entertaining.

No plans for the weekend. My youngest came home from college for the week, her Spring Break. We will spend some time together, cooking some of her favorites.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 pm 

I plan to start The Violets of March - my book club's book of the month. It comes recommended ("[A] rich blend of history, mystery, and romance ..." - A LIBRARY JOURNAL BEST BOOK OF 2011) - so I'm starting it with high hopes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 pm 

Started reading Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs while I was at my doctors appointment this morning and got so involved in the story almost didn't hear them call my name :lol:

The good news is that my pinky is finally getting better! I dislocated/broke it on December 17th and the bones are finally in place to start healing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 pm 

Just finished J.D. Robb's Calculated In Death. Honestly, this series just keeps on keeping on! I love it! Hopefully it will pull me out of my slump.

Next Up I plan to get at Christie Ridgway's new series that starts with the novella Beach House Beginnings. I have the entire series from NetGalley so need to get at it. I have always enjoyed her books, and really need to get to reading more so here's to it!!

Nothing planned for the rest of the weekend. Rain, freezing drizzle and light snow forecast now through Monday morning, so I'm staying put. Have some knitting and stitching to get at too, and will watch some recorded shows while doing that.

Everyone have a great weekend!!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:53 pm 

I had this post almost written and my computer hiccuped, darn it. :?

So here we go again - I've been out of action since the end of January - I went to a seminar and caught something from a woman sitting behind me - she was coughing and sneezing, two days later I was sick. Three rounds of steroids and antibiotics later and I am almost feeling good again.

This weekend I am finally getting back into circulation - having breakfast with friends then off to the hairdresser and do I ever need to get there!! My last appointment in February had to be cancelled because I was sick, so my hair is looking pretty sad.

On the reading front I have read -

Born In Death - great book
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires) - didn't care for it
First Grave on the Right - Charlie Davidson Book 1 and LOVED it!!
Currently I am reading Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian and listening to Innocent in Death by JD Roob.

The rest of the weekend will be doing all the things I didn't do around the house the past few weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone!! :mrgreen: