Post subject: Die for Me by Cynthia Eden
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm 

This is a new author for me. I read it with the free once a month read with Amazon Prime. However, it only costs $3.99 in Kindle. This is the description from Amazon:

She thought her fiancé was the perfect man—until he turned out to be the perfect killer…

Katherine Cole is running for her life, desperate to escape the Valentine Killer—so-called because he stabs his victims through the heart and leaves them holding a telltale single red rose. Still he tracks her to New Orleans and begins carving a bloody path to her door. But this time, Katherine refuses to run any farther. This time, she’ll do anything to stop the madman she once loved, even trust the sexy cop promising to keep her safe…

Detective Dane Black never lets his emotions interfere with his job, even as the Valentine Killer surfaces in New Orleans to stalk his prey. But when Dane agrees to protect the killer’s ex-fiancée, Katherine Cole, he can’t ignore the passion kindling between them. After a single unforgettable night binds them body and soul, Dane knows he won’t rest until Katherine is safe in his arms—and the Valentine Killer is dead. Dark and intensely sexy, this romantic suspense novel from USA Today bestselling author Cynthia Eden is sure to leave readers breathless.

This book was intense and an excellent mystery. I loved it. The romance is pretty darn hot too, although it could have had absolutely no sex at all and I still would have rated it an excellent.

I kind of figured out how this was going to play out but I was never sure until close to the end. Great book!

Post subject: Re: Die for Me by Cynthia Eden
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am 

Linda--Thank you for your comments. I thought the book looked really good, too. I read CE's 'Deadly' trilogy, my favorite being the second. I liked her writing, so I am certainly looking forward to 'Die For Me'.

HR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm 

Linda, I'm going to add this to my list of authors/books I may need to read.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:31 pm 

Linda I'm going to add this to my kindle tonight. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am 

I will be on the look out for this one, too. I liked her Deadly series.