Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 am 

Happy Weekend!!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a good week!!! I'm going to have a nice lazy weekend!!!!! Just run a few errands and then curl up on the couch and read and catch up on the shows that I recorded.

Only read a couple of books this past week, I finished The Third Duke's the Charm by Emma Wildes and The Admiral's Heart by Danelle Harmon and I'm currently reading Wait Until Dark by M L Buchman. I have no idea what I want to read next.

Only plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 22-24
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm 

Happy weekend all!

I have a hair appointment tomorrrow and I need to grocery shop and other than that I'll probably spend some time working on some things with work and swim team that need my attention. Maybe my taxes too. :evil:

I am almost finished reading Brawn by Laurann Dohner. It's book 5 of New Species. I am enjoying the series a lot. It's very similar to Lora Leigh's Breed series but I was really burned out on Lora Leigh and this has been something a little different.

When I finish Brawn later, I'm moving on to book 6, which is Tiger. I am especially excited about him because he's been a character in all 5 previous books and I like him. I'm hoping for a good story for him.

Everyone have a good weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:27 pm 

The big move is over - and we just had 7" of snow! I am home, and plan to stick here all weekend, getting caught up on my rest, reading and knitting - in that order!

I started the ARC of Ella Grave's book a few weeks ago and only got a few chapters in before all the craziness in my life started. I started it from the beginning again this morning and must admit I am really liking it, now that I am past the first few chapters of backstory.

Hopefully family life will be calmer, with dad settled in his new digs. Right now all my aching body needs is rest!

Everyone have a marvelous weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm 

Saturday morning and no yoga teaching for me, swapped to take the Flow & Restore class tomorrow (love that class!).

Reading wise little bit of a slump, awaiting the release of RAID by Kristen Ashley next week (so excited :mrgreen: ), and am at a loss what to read...trying to finish several half starts, A Witch Before Dying - Heather Blake and Timeless - Gail Carringer, all very slow going.... :? Will numb the mind with Real Housewives to reset the noggin'.

Weather is cooler here, breezy with a slight humidity! Grass has decided to start growing again after some rain during the week, so may have to mow!

Nieces and newphew returned empty Push Cake Pop containers, think they want a refill, so might bake tomorrow!

Listening to Welcome to the Freakshow by Hinder
LOUD love having no close neighbours.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm 

I hope it's going to be a nice weekend weatherwise in southern Ohio. Since we're operating on just our heatpump, I'm really hoping we'll be able to maintain 65 degrees in our house. We're trying to organize our neighborhood to get a gas line put in. We need 10 customers. Otherwise we'll be putting in another oil furnace or an electric one. If it's electric, then we have to get another heat pumpt because they have to match!!! I picture coordinating colors. But enough of that.

I just started Die for Me by Cynthia Eden. I've never read any of her books before but this is a freebie from my Prime membership and it looked good. So far so good.

Sunday I'll be watching the Oscars and probably taping (DVRing) Amazing Race. Maybe a movie tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 pm 

Quiet weekend for me. Going to my mom's tomorrow to celebrate her birthday. After that, I can relax the rest of the weekend.

Today I finished Larissa Ione's Desire Unchained. It's the second book in her Demonica series and I'm hooked. Love this series so far.

Now I've started The Final Detail by Harlan Coben. Only 30 pages in and it's very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm 

I'm reading "Against the Odds" by Kat Martin - trying to catch up with that series.

Also, finished "Lady Eve's Indiscretion" by Grace Burrowes. I enjoyed that one so much that I've downloaded all in that series so will begin reading them in order (now). Anyone else like her writing?

It will be a rainy weekend here so I'll do a lot of reading and watching TV programs I've recorded. Seems I'm always catching up!

I, too, will watch the Oscars. Hope it's a good show.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 am 

Well it looks like I had my books out of order. I'm starting Wrath instead. ***sigh*** No Tiger yet for me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am 

Dani wrote:
I'm reading "Against the Odds" by Kat Martin - trying to catch up with that series.

Also, finished "Lady Eve's Indiscretion" by Grace Burrowes. I enjoyed that one so much that I've downloaded all in that series so will begin reading them in order (now). Anyone else like her writing?

Dani

I have Grace Burrowes books but haven't read them yet.

I can't wait for the next book in Kat Martin Against series to come out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm 

I read/finished book #5 in the Rock Creek Six series, NATE by Lori Handeland.

I am now reading: Scene of the Crime - Black Creek by Carla Cassidy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:51 am 

Hi everyone.

Just finished a Harlan Coben book for our Muddy Cup Book club. Very good meeting. We all loved the book and I had the best mocha latte ever.
My body is still aching from my fall yesterday.. my shoulders, neck and elbows took the brunt of the fall. I am just taking Aleve and trying to relax.
I have The Ugly Duchess by Eloise James half way done and I am loving it. I have Shiver by Karen Robards waiting to be read next.
Plan on just relaxing the rest of the weekend away. May make some soup for Sunday. I am in the mood for that and have the stuff to make it.

Have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 am 

I have been AWOL for a bit, mostly as I haven't anything to report, reading-wise. I am still mostly reading Mills & Boon although I did order March's Hqn Presents from Amazon as they are double books. The last two Jennie Lucas books were very good, as was Jane Porter and Sharon Kendricks.
The only longer books I have read since Christmas are the Anthology The Lady Most Willing - good - and an early Lorraine Heath which was only OK.
I have a friend down for a few days who is getting away from her kitchen, bathroom and loo being refurbed. Just chillaxing.
Next Thursday I am off to Newark, Notts to help my BIL sort through my MIL's flat as she has now gone into a home. At 97 she did very well to live on her own so long. Sooo, lots of stuff to sort through, none of it I will want as I am downsizing too.
Weather has been bitter here in S E England. Today there are snow flurries and the wind is coming straight from Siberia!
Keep warm everyone. Have a good one, Ladies.
Sheila