Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 am 

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a good week!!!! I'm going to have a busy weekend!!!! On Saturday it's off to run errands and then later on in the day I'm going to a Memorial Service and Sunday it's brunch with friends and then on to play pinochle!!!!!

I read the first two books in Alison Kent's Dalton Gang series -- Undeniable and Unbreakable. Both books were good reads and burning. I have to admit that I did skip over a few of the sex scenes. I just finished Caleb by Emma Lang this is the 4th book in her Circle 8 series. Up next...The Third Duke's The Charm by Emma Wildes. I don't know how I missed this book when it came out!!!

What are your plans this weekend? But more important what are you reading?

Have A Good Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 15-17
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 am 

Hey all...I'm taking my son to Texas A&M open house all day tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I'm still reading Laurann Dohner's New Species series. I'm on book four, Justice. So far I'm enjoying.

Have a nice weekend all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 am 

kylebmac wrote:
Hey all...I'm taking my son to Texas A&M open house all day tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I'm still reading Laurann Dohner's New Species series. I'm on book four, Justice. So far I'm enjoying.

Have a nice weekend all.

Kyle, I can't believe your oldest is going to be college!!!

I just realized that I've been coming to this website for 13 years!

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm 

It's been a Looooooooooong work week for me. I can't wait to plop into my recliner and read/sleep away Saturday.

I have listened to Julie Garwood's Ideal Man and Sweet Talk on CD. I enjoyed both of them.

I'm just starting Angel's Rest by Emily March, it's the first in a small town series, I am liking it so far.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:42 pm 

Danielle wrote:
kylebmac wrote:

Have a nice weekend all.

Kyle, I can't believe your oldest is going to be college!!!

I just realized that I've been coming to this website for 13 years!

I know Dani, it seems like just yesterday. I've been coming here for about 12 or 13 years as well. But he's not leaving yet...he's still a junior...but the clock is ticking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:05 pm 

It's Friday again! Well, to be totally honest I'm not reading a thing. I have flipped through the ARC I have of Ella Grace's new book and keep my reader in my purse in the event I get some reading time.

Dad is moving, so there is a lot to do to get him out of his home of 58 years and condense all that in to a one bedroom apartment! We have the boxes packed to move, stuff set aside in another room of what goes on the auction and stuff to be hauled away. He is able to part with things, and knows what he wants to hang on to so that is good. The antique dealers have already lightened the load, but there is more that will go to them too. He officially moves on Tuesday and Thursday, but has his home for another 2 months so we have plenty of time to get ready for the auction. This is giving me a great opportunity to clean out my house and take things over for the auction. I had to, in order to make room for all the antiques I am still moving here!

It's easier to pick up my knitting right now than trying to concentrate on a book. So whatever works is what gets done!

Good luck with colleges Kyle. We started when my kids were sophmores, as DD wanted to go to Penn State at that time. I'm glad she did not make that choice to move so far away since Bob and the kids are all the family I have! It's hard to get in to the colleges you want to, so it's good to start early. Stef had an honors diploma, and it was still hard to get her first choice.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

Danielle wrote:
I have to admit that I did skip over a few of the sex scenes.

Dani, YOU skipped over sex scenes???!!?? How could you?!? It's a romance book! If the day ever comes girlfriend, that I skip sex scenes, just shoot me will ya??!!

So tell us - were they that awful that you skipped them?? She's been writing romance a long time, so what gives?

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:32 pm 

Teri P wrote:
Danielle wrote:
I have to admit that I did skip over a few of the sex scenes.

Dani, YOU skipped over sex scenes???!!?? How could you?!? It's a romance book! If the day ever comes girlfriend, that I skip sex scenes, just shoot me will ya??!!

So tell us - were they that awful that you skipped them?? She's been writing romance a long time, so what gives?

TOO TOO many sex scenes. Sometimes I want more of a storyline and less sex!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 pm 

kylebmac wrote:

Have a nice weekend all.

When I was visiting friends in Conroe... we visited Texas A&M and they had a place where they made their own ice cream... save some points for it if they still have the dairy.

We are having a birthday party for Maura tomorrow. Her birthday was on the 6th but this is when everyone could get together... she is thrilled.. she will have 2 birthday cakes.
I am still reading my Harlan Coben's Stay Close.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm 

Not much going on this weekend. Guess I can just relax and read.

I just finished Reckless by Anne Stuart. It's the second book in her House of Rohan series. I liked it better than the first. Now I'm going to start Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:37 am 

I'm re-reading Julie Garwood this weekend. Balancing by reading a historical then a contemporary .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 pm 

Texas A&M is a good school. A couple of friends of ours go to Texas A&M and love it. Are some of his friends thinking of going there also? Does he want to stay in Texas or venture out of state? Good idea to start early looking at schools.

I am not reading as much. Hadn't had the time. We have been at baseball games in the freezing cold for 2 days now. Going back this afternoon. Since this will be my son's last season, we are trying to get in as many games as we can, but I always hate Feb and March games--so cold.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm 

I had a bit of a busy weekend myself. On Friday, my younger (and only) brother, who was declared to be cancer free (he had been battling Hodgkins for the second time in 8 years) decided to celebrate by getting married! :D

As for my reading, I finished up JED (book #4 in the Rock Creek Six series) by Linda Devlin.

I also read/finished HIRED BY THE COWBOY by Donna Alward on my Kindle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Texas A&M is a good school. A couple of friends of ours go to Texas A&M and love it. Are some of his friends thinking of going there also? Does he want to stay in Texas or venture out of state? Good idea to start early looking at schools.

I am not reading as much. Hadn't had the time. We have been at baseball games in the freezing cold for 2 days now. Going back this afternoon. Since this will be my son's last season, we are trying to get in as many games as we can, but I always hate Feb and March games--so cold.

My dad is an A&M hater. He told me today he was so disappointed that's where he wants to go. He would rather Rob went to UT or Baylor. Rob has no interest in any place other than A&M or Alabama. We're going try to go to Alabama in March when we go to Birmingham for my nephews wedding. The only reason I'm entertaining the idea is because my nephew, Robert's cousin, went there, and my BIL and SIL only live an hour away. Rob is very close to his cousins there so he wouldn't be totally alone away from home.

He is currently interested in International Studies and maybe going into Govenment/Translating.

Last edited by kylebmac on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 pm 

Another weekend done & dusted. Yoga break for me this weekend...

Pretty much bummed around at home, weather is still in the low to mid 30's (86F).

Started re-painting my kitchen cupboard, with plans to replace doors etc.... I've never felt like "nesting" before but now I'm getting a little House Proud (no not pregnant, if I was it would be an immaculate conception, and I'd be an class A fidiot!) I just am beginning to think a little longer term, but again sometimes this happens then I loose interest...

Bit of a reading slump, don't know where to go to, awaiting new Kristen Ashley release on the 28th!

I have three almost finished books, should get to them....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 pm 

And just to clarify Jennifer, my dad is an engineer so he works with a ton of Aggies and he doesn't like them. He's told me why and it might be the only thing we disagree on. Ever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am 

Kyle---I hope you enjoy Birmingham. While you are there, you might want to check out Birmingham Southern or Samford. Samford is a small school. My oldest son went there his freshman yr and transfered to Vanderbilt. He liked it, however it was too small for him. I don't know where you are staying in Birmingham, but you have to visit the Ross Bridge Resort--great food and wonderful spa. Shopping at the Summit and Mountain Brook English Village.

Speaking of Alabama, it is a beautiful campus. One of my favorite authors, Rick Bragg, teaches a writing class there. I think your son will like it there. It is very Greek, so if he plans to go, he needs to look at a fraternity. Our family, especially my in-laws, love Alabama. My brother-in-law went there and my father-in-law played football there and went on to the pros, came back and coached under Bear Bryant.

I know you are probably on a time schedule, but Auburn is about 2 hrs south of Birmingham. My husband went to Auburn along with my youngest son, his freshman yr (engineering--great school for engineering) before transfering to Ole Miss.