Post subject: Lisa Kleypas contemporary books
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 pm 

I have not read any of her recent books. However, the last series of contemporary books that I read and loved are Sugar Daddy, Blue Eyed Devil, and Smooth Talking Stranger. But I swear I thought there was another brother, maybe John was his name, and was curious if she was going to ever do a book on him. I believe he was a photographer. What happened to his book? Or maybe I have completely lost my memory :lol: and she has already finished that book!

Post subject: Re: Lisa Kleypas contemporary books
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
I have not read any of her recent books. However, the last series of contemporary books that I read and loved are Sugar Daddy, Blue Eyed Devil, and Smooth Talking Stranger. But I swear I thought there was another brother, maybe John was his name, and was curious if she was going to ever do a book on him. I believe he was a photographer. What happened to his book? Or maybe I have completely lost my memory :lol: and she has already finished that book!

I'm not sure but I think his name is Joe. I heard that Lisa got a lot of letters asking for Joe's book. She said she wants to write in sometime in the future. I'm hoping it's after she's done with the Friday Harbor series.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am 

I wish LK would write more historicals. I have no desire to read her contemporaries.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm 

That's right, his name was Joe not John! I wonder why she didn't write that book before she started on her Cove books? Anyway, I am glad I didn't miss the book. I love both her contemporaries and her historicals. And with her contemps, I didn't think I would like first person, but she does a great job of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 pm 

I enjoy Lisa Kleypas' historical romances. But so far I absolutely love her contemporaries. I hope she keeps writing them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm 

I think LK is one who can do all genres well. I had forgotten about "Joe" until you all mentioned him. However, since it's been a long time since those books, I don't really care if she goes back there. As long as she keeps writing, I don't care what she writes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:11 pm 

I love her contemporaries. I know people who have said they would never read first person who loved her Blue Eyed series. It was one of the best contemporary series I have read. I am liking Friday Harbor too. Am glad to hear she may do Joe's story someday. But at the time I figured all of her books were trilogies so never gave much thought to her adding another book.

Kinda like Nora's Chesapeake series, and she eventually went back and wrote Seth's book. I loved it but not every author can go back so far after the fact and suck you in like she did in the original series. However, I suspect Kleypas could do that if she ever decides to!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717