Post subject: Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm 

I really enjoyed this book until the last chapter. The ending seemed to be haphazardly done IMHO. If she had tied up some loose books I would have said it was a great book. The sensuality level was really hot. I think LK must have read the 50 shades books before she finished this one. Jason was really sexy.

Benjamin Franklin

Post subject: Re: Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm 
Subscriber

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that because I just got the 3 books (not Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor). But I won't let it deter me from reading them!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 pm 

Linda, do you know if this is the last book in the series? I just finished Dream Lake last night and loved it. I'm hoping to pick up Crystal Cove soon. Was wondering if there will be more in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Linda, do you know if this is the last book in the series? I just finished Dream Lake last night and loved it. I'm hoping to pick up Crystal Cove soon. Was wondering if there will be more in the series.

Honestly, I don't know. I'd love it to continue but she didn't introduce anyone that lives in Friday Harbor in this one so unless she does a take off and has a story with Priscilla (an associate of the hero), then I'm betting this is the last one.

Her website says she's working on the last in the Friday Harbor series set in San Juan Island off the Washington Coast. However, there's no date and that could have been written a year ago.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Robin in PA wrote:

Honestly, I don't know. I'd love it to continue but she didn't introduce anyone that lives in Friday Harbor in this one so unless she does a take off and has a story with Priscilla (an associate of the hero), then I'm betting this is the last one.

Her website says she's working on the last in the Friday Harbor series set in San Juan Island off the Washington Coast. However, there's no date and that could have been written a year ago.

I was wondering the same thing. I have been buying them, and waiting to get them all, then read the whole series together.

My brain is truly a scary place, with very weird things going on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:01 pm 

There will be another book in this series. Lightning Bay will be released on September 10, 2013 as a trade paperback.
Here's what the book is about:
Quote:
After the turmoil of a broken engagement, all Neva Landry wants is to make a success of her Friday Harbor alpaca farm. But when her ex-fiance Zachary Logan is injured in a lightning strike, she offers to take care of him while he recuperates. Soon Neva discovers that Zach has become an enigmatic stranger who now poses a greater threat to her heart than ever before. Is Zach really the same man, or is there somehow a chance that he could be an angel in disguise?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm 

penfield wrote:
There will be another book in this series. Lightning Bay will be released on September 10, 2013 as a trade paperback.
Here's what the book is about:
Quote:
After the turmoil of a broken engagement, all Neva Landry wants is to make a success of her Friday Harbor alpaca farm. But when her ex-fiance Zachary Logan is injured in a lightning strike, she offers to take care of him while he recuperates. Soon Neva discovers that Zach has become an enigmatic stranger who now poses a greater threat to her heart than ever before. Is Zach really the same man, or is there somehow a chance that he could be an angel in disguise?

Thanks Penfield! I'll be adding it to my wishlist.