Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 am 

Hello Everyone!

For all of our friends on the East Coast, please stay safe and check in (if you can) and let us know that your doing okay.

First weekend with NO football -- time to catch up on all the shows I recorded

No big plans this weekend.....Saturday, hubby and I are taking a ride to Half Price Books, the book he ordered came in and afterward we will probably go out to lunch.

I had another good week of reading...I read the newest book Sex and the Single Fireman by Jennifer Bernard and then 3 books by Dee Davis I have had her books in my TBR pile but for some reason I never picked them up. I'm going to take a break with her books and start the new book Rush by Maya Banks and then maybe Undeniable and Unbreakable by Alison Kent or a historical.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Keep warm and safe everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 8-10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 am 

Happy Weekend All,

I am still re-reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, just finished Lover Revealed.

I went to the Lady Jane' Salon reading and I found 2 new (to me) authors, Molly O'Keefe and Shannyn Schroeder and I am going to something by one of them this weekend. Both had contemporary stories with a touch of humor.
I missed you Tuesday Dani :cry:

No big plans for the weekend, just cleaning house and picking off my TBR pile.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 am 

booksreader7 wrote:
Happy Weekend All,

I am still re-reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, just finished Lover Revealed.

I went to the Lady Jane' Salon reading and I found 2 new (to me) authors, Molly O'Keefe and Shannyn Schroeder and I am going to something by one of them this weekend. Both had contemporary stories with a touch of humor.
I missed you Tuesday Dani :cry:

No big plans for the weekend, just cleaning house and picking off my TBR pile.

Miss you also Lynn. I need to look up Shannyb Schneider.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm 

I just finished House Rules by Chloe Neill and loved it so I'll probably enjoy my afterglow a bit before I start Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas. Lots of books for me this month and next and I intend to read a lot.

I have nothing planned for the weekend but I still would like to go see a movie with DH -- maybe Warm Bodies (the zombie love story). Stay safe all of you on the east coast. Have a great weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm 

Happy weekend all...

This weekend can't come fast enough. It's been a crappy week. My oldest son got in trouble at school and we've been dealing with the fall out. I'm extremely behind at work and will probably spend much of the weekend having to catch up.

I read Heatseeker by Lucy Monroe earlier this week. I didn't realize until I was half way through that I had that book/series mixed up with Jo Davis's Shadoe series. I finished it anyway, but since I didn't really have a frame of reference I didn't feel very emotionally connected to it.

This weekend I'm reading Fury by Laurann Dohner. It's book 1 of her New Species series, which is somewhat similiar to the Breed books by Lora Leigh. So far it's good and I like it. It was recommended to me by a lady in my Jazzercise class. If I finish it this weekend, I'll move on to book 2, Slade.

Everyone have a good weekend and please say a prayer that God helps my dumb-ass son get his head back on straight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm 

Kyle---you have my prayers. I know what it is like to raise boys to young men and sometimes it is a thankless, pull your hair out job! They can be so smart and wonderful and yet so unbelievably stupid sometimes. Leaves you thinking---what in the heck were you thinking of to do that?? Been there and done that!

Speaking of hair, right now, I have finished deep cleaning my boys room and den with my hair wrapped up in saran wrap with some type of homemade coconut oil and honey conditioner. I look like something from Mars, but I hope it works. My hair and skin get so dry in the winter.

My youngest son and his girlfriend are coming home and staying with us this weekend. She is bringing her King George spaniel puppy. The puppy is 4 months old and a house dog--not potty trained. Now why am I cleaning the house??? I can't wait to see them.

We are going to a Vanderbilt baseball banquet Sat night for my oldest son. I am also going to meet a girl he has been dating for a couple of weeks there, so that should be interesting.

I am finishing up reading Hard to Love by Kendall Ryan. It is really good. Then I think I will start on Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 am 

EAGLEGIRL47 wrote:
Then I think I will start on Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan.

I stumbled on that book a while ago I LOVED IT!!! can't wait for Unbeautiful. It's intense, I got to parts and thought, can I read this, but it's so well written and executed, it didn't seem that bad. That was an intense read, but worth it.

Re-reading randoms this weekend, building book shelves and sorting books, and getting lost in old faves...

Teaching two yoga classes and not much else, hoping for rain tonight or tomorrow, the ground is SO dry I'm afraid my small dog may fall in the cracks in the walking track! Still have bushfires burning so the rain would be welcome to clear the air of smoke.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 am 

i have been trying to catch up on my reading. Currently reading "Against the Night" by Kat Martin. Then I'd like to read the next two "...Sun" and "...Odds" then I'm caught up with that series until April.

Kyle, you have my prayers - boys are so wonderful but that can do things that have you shaking your head in despair.

Hope all of you on the upper east coast get thru the storm with little damage. My SIL in NH said it was really windy, cold and a good time to stay indoors.

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:09 pm 

well we got about 10 inches here in Passaic NJ. I took vacation days for Friday & Sunday so I don't have to go to work until Monday. We are supposed to get rain on Monday & temps are going to go up into the mid 40's so hopefully some of the snow will melt really fast. I won a Facebook contest from Avery Aames, Linda Carlisle & Avery's other pen name-I rec'd the new book from Avery yesterday To Brie Or Not To Brie so I think I will read that one. I also one a book contest on Writerspace so I am waiting to see what books I will be getting from that one as well

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 am 

I'm glad that my neighborhood didn't get slammed. We only got about a foot of snow. The streets are clean and people are able to get out. A lot of people are saying this is the worst storm so far, but I have to disagree. The one we had after Christmas in 2010 was worse, IMHO. We couldn't leave our home for 3 days because the streets couldn't be cleaned. Anyway, I hope the people that did get slammed are ok.

I'm currently reading Her Highness and the Highlander by Tracy Anne Warren. I'm liking it so far. I also read The Temptation of your Touch by Teresa Medeiros. It was ok. After hearing such great things about it, I think I'll start One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean next.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 am 

Boy Kyle, can I relate to Dumb ass sons right now! Mine, at the age of 25, is giving us fits again. He's back in St. Paul at his house up there, where I hope he stays put for awhile and away from us. We all need a break from each other!

Well I have a ton of new books sitting here calling out to me, but absolutely no time right now to read. We are getting ready to move my dad in to his retirement apartment from his home of 58 years. He is ready and willing, but there is just so much to do! So for the next couple of weeks my time is spoken for. I did manage to finish Maya Banks new book, but am not starting any new books until I can dedicate reading blocks of a few hours, and that will be awhile.

We are due for another ice/freezing rain/snow event from now through Monday morning. Enough of winter of 2013! It can go away now. Hope all of you on the East Coast are safe and have power.

Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend, or what's left of it!!!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 pm 

Hi everyone. Looks like we dodged the bullet and didn't get any of that bad snow that has been hitting everyone. Thank you God. Prayers to all of you caught in the mess.
Kyle, I remember my mom always having to go to school because of my brothers. She absolutely hated to have to do it... but both brothers turned out just fine.
No big plans for the weekend... I just have to get caught up on laundry and will go down to my sisters later on to see how my brother in law is doing. He had back surgery a week ago and is doing the man thing of trying to do too much too soon. My sister went to teach aerobics and he walked down the steps to the basement with no one around to make sure he didn't fall. Now that is being a dumb ass.....
I am reading a Harlan Coban book for book club, titled Stay Close. Started off good....
Have a safe weekend and happy reading everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm 

I am (still) slowly, but surely, working my way thru the "Rock Creek Six" series. I read/finished RICO. And will start JED on Monday.

I also read/finished SAYING YES TO THE MILLIONAIRE by Fiona Harper.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 am 

My TBR pile has ceased to exist. I finished the last three books--a good read in 'Divorced, Delicious and Deceived' by Christie Craig and two great reads in 'So Close the Hand of Death' by J.T. Ellison and 'One Was a Soldier' by Julia Spencer-Fleming.

I ordered 8 books from BetterWorldBooks, which should be here in a couple of weeks, and 3 books from Book Depository, which will ship on March 26. I will have to ration them, though, as I have pretty much decided to get a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader, but not until my birthday (a ways off yet). Until my books arrive, it will be re-reads for me; not a bad thing, though, as all my keepers are great.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and to those who were hit by the snowstorm, I wish you better weather.

HR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 am 

Read a couple of books this weekend, but the one worth remembering was "In the Heart's Shadow" by T.L. Haddix. I had previously read the other books in this series and really enjoyed them; this one did not disappoint. Her books are romantic suspense, but nothing morbid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am 

Kyle---I hope your week will be a better one!

There are many times when I tell my sons age 20 and 23, "You just wait til you have children! I hope they are just like you and maybe you will appreciate all the heartache and sacrifice we went through for you!" :lol: