Post subject: Dee Davis
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 am 

I must have been living under a rock!!!! How have I left Dee Davis and her A-Tac series off my reading radar.

One of my friends mentioned that she was reading her and asked me if I read her before, my curiosity got the best of me.

Well I found her books in my TBR room and I have to admit that I read Deep Deceptions in one day, I couldn't put this book down and I quickly read the next two books in this series. I'm going to start Darling today.

Teri P is always mentioning Gennita Low! Guess who I'm going to read next and on to Cindy Gerard!

In between I'm going to have to read some historical romances and contemporaries as not to burn out on romantic suspense!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Dee Davis
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm 

I love her stories, too! I just finished Deadly Dance and Double Danger, both I really enjoyed.

Maybe I'll get to her novellas--let us know what you think of Daring. Sometimes, those are too short for me, and I'm really unsatisfied and feel like a character got jipped out of a full-length story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm 

The one novella that takes place in Africa is really good! Can't think of the name, too many "D" titles. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 am 

I used to read her, haven't for a while. She fell off my radar under a million other authors, I may have a book of hers on my TBR pile, will check.

Think the last book I read of hers was Dancing in the Dark... I note she's had a few since then.... so yeah she totally fell off my radar. :|

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 am 

I have to admit that I am way behind with Dee Davis, but have several books in Mt. TBR. I was telling Dani the other day that if I can't pick up my reading pace, I'm going to quit buying so many books, and just keep a "maybe" list instead of a "to buy" list!

But yeah, Gennita Low is one of my all time favorites and her most recent book forced me in to a few re-reads! Something I don't need to do with the amount of books (1200+) that I have yet to get at. I needed a Jed fix after reading Tempting Trouble. :wink:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:53 am 

Klass wrote:
Think the last book I read of hers was Dancing in the Dark...

Just finished 'Dancing in the Dark' today and it was very good. The storyline, though nothing new, was handled deftly by Ms. Davis and the main characters, Sara and Eric, were wonderful. The villain was just plain creepy. RS fans should give this book a try.

HR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:48 am 

I'm a long-time Dee Davis fan. Just finished "Dark Deceptions" & really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of her A-Tac books, you might want to try Jeanne Adams' book "Deadly Little Secrets". It's about a female CIA agent who had a mission in Rome go horribly wrong and most of her team was killed. While the CIA was conducting a review of her actions during the mission, they assigned her to a state-side "cold case" unit. She was given a 9-year old art theft case w/multiple murders involved. The case brings her into the lives of a Greek, billionaire art collector and his head of personal security (ex-military with a tragic past.) I believe she has four books out & this is her third one. The first two are "Dark & Dangerous" and "Dark & Deadly" and are stand-alones. These are pretty good, but "Deadly Little Secrets" was excellent. I haven't read the fourth one ("Deadly Little Lies") yet. It's in my TBR pile now. It is not exactly a sequel to "Deadly Little Secrets" but its main character is the Greek billionaire.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm 

Have any of you read the Love Inspired series? I love those books.