Post subject: Weekend Reading Feb. 1-3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:19 am 

Happy February!!!!!

Well, it's cold again here in the Chicagoland area...we went from 60+ to a high of 12 today!

Even though it's Super Bowl weekend - on Sunday we are staying home and enjoying the game. Saturday we're going out to eat with our old neighbors and today I'm meeting my friend to go shopping.

I'm on a roll -- I had another good week of reading. I read two Harlequin Blazes by Debbi Rawlins which I enjoy and I just finished and loved the new Sarah MacLean book .. ..One Good Earl Deserves A Lover. Up next Sex and the Single Fireman by Jennifer Bernard.

Any plans this weekend? Super Bowl Parties or just staying home? What are you reading.

Keep warm everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Feb. 1-3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 am 

Happy weekend all! The weather here is cold at night and in the morning, but getting up to the low 70's in the afternoon. Blah!

I've had a lot of stuff this past week after work every night so it didn't really leave much time for reading. I started Heatseeker by Lucy Monroe but I haven't been able to get past about chapter 2 or 3 yet. I'm hoping to have more time to get into it this weekend.

We have no plans yet for Super Bowl and haven't even really talked about it yet. I have imagine we'll hang out at home and watch it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm 

I started Iced by Karen Marie Moning last weekend and I'm still reading it. My job and graduate classes don't leave much time to read for pleasure.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm 

Just downloaded Sarah MacLean's new book One Good Earl and plan on trying to read it.

I was down for about 3 days with a stomach flu this week and just now getting my strength back. I hate stomach illnesess---truly such a baby when it comes to my stomach!

I need to "spring clean" my house this weekend and get all the sick germs out, so that will occupy most of my time. My sister's birthday is tomorrow so I will take her out to lunch. Hubby is leaving tonight and will be back on Sun to his hunting club to gather up all his hunting gear and store it for the season. Which means Sun, while watching the SuperBowl, we will be washing hunting clothes inbetween---depending on if the commercials are good! We are invited to go to 3 parties, but really don't want to go to any of them. We may breeze by for a few mins---but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:59 pm 

Staying in and staying warm! Brought in firewood today, now that I can get to the woodpile. Lots of ice buildup in our back yard after the heavy rains earlier in the week, and yesterday and today we had a high of zero! The poor dogs can't run and play until it warms up and melts. I have a hockey rink at the bottom of our hill - 110 x about 20 feet!

I have an ARC of Ella Grace's new book Midnight Secrets[/i], and can't wait to get at it. I am finishing up a prayer shawl tonight, getting it in the mail and then am going to read this book with NO interruptions! I loved her Last Chance Rescue series so much, and am really looking forward to this. BTW, she is working on a LCR novella too! :wink:

We will watch the game, but am not too fired up about it. If the book is good and I can't put it down, I will just read!

Everyone stay warm and have a great weekend!!!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 pm 

I really don't have any big plans for the weekend. I will watch the game on Sunday. My brother in law is coming home from the hospital tomorrow and we will all go to my sisters house to watch the game.
I just finished Storm Cycle by Irish Johansen and her son Roy. I really enjoyed it and will start something tomorrow. I like to let the feel of reading a good book linger.
Have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm 

Greetings everyone! What happened to January? Here it is February already. I read only one book in the month of January. That is so not like me. Can't seem to get out of this slump. I did buy Sarah MacLean's new book yesterday, maybe it will get me back on track.

Danielle, thanks again for getting this thread going every week. I wish more people would post what they are reading. It is usually where I get some good ideas for my next read.

We are having our usual Georgia weather.A few days of moderate temps, then a big Canadian cold front blows in and gives us some really COLD temps. The tornado here in Georgia last week is what happens when the warm air and the cold front clash. There is a "tornado alley" here in the state and the same areas get hit again and again.

So happy reading everyone and all you lurkers out there let us hear from you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:01 pm 

Hi all! I usually read 2 or 3 books a week, some paperbacks others on my kindle fire. I just finished a Valentine anth with Jennifer Cruise, Victoria Dahl, & Shannon Stacey. Unfortunately, Jennifer's was an older release-1994 where as the other 2 were 2013. I'd rate them A-. I've also read Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison, Beautiful Scars by Shiloh Walker, Wild About You by Kerrylyn Sparks & Shades of Gray by Maya Banks. These I would give AAA ratings. Loved them.
Not much into football but will watch for the commericals & rooting against the Ravens. Every time I see them I think of Model's treachery against the Browns. It's been snowing here all morning & I'm not sure when it will stop. You ladies stay safe and warm.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm 

Happy Groundhog's Day, everyone! Punxsutawney Phil says we are going to have an early spring. I hope he's right. I'm sick of this weather.

I just finished The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen. I gave it 4 Stars. Now I'm starting On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves. I heard a lot of good things about it and have been wanting to read it for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 pm 

I am still working my way thru the "Rock Creek Six" I read SULLIVAN by Linda Devlin and I am now reading Coming Home to the Cattleman by Judy Christenberry, which is NOT part of the "Rock Creek Six"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am 

I'm reading a non-fiction book for a change: Extreme Medicine: An Appalachian Doctor (or something like that) by Carolyn Jourdain. It's funny but I haven't gotten very far. I just finished a vamp book and I needed something lighthearted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 am 

Teri P wrote:
I have an ARC of Ella Grace's new book Midnight Secrets[/i], and can't wait to get at it. I loved her Last Chance Rescue series so much, and am really looking forward to this.

Teri--You lucky duck! I am looking forward to Christy Reece's latest as well. I kind of get the feeling that this series may be a bit heavier on the steam than her LCR books and I am interested in how she handles the change.

I only have 4 books left to read so I am backing off for a while. I have prowled all the used book stores in my town and the neighboring ones and have come up empty :( .

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...HR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 am 

Spent the weekend, getting stuff and starting to finish my new bookshelves made from painted pine planks and glass blocks, think they'll look a little spiffy when they are done... if I do say so myself... and have more space to store my books.

Reading The Golden Dynasty - KA (no I haven't finished her backlist yet...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 pm 

I've just started to re-read Death Angel and finished The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:44 pm 

hopeless romantic wrote:
Teri P wrote:
I have an ARC of Ella Grace's new book Midnight Secrets[/i], and can't wait to get at it. I loved her Last Chance Rescue series so much, and am really looking forward to this.

Teri--You lucky duck! I am looking forward to Christy Reece's latest as well. I kind of get the feeling that this series may be a bit heavier on the steam than her LCR books and I am interested in how she handles the change.

I only have 4 books left to read so I am backing off for a while. I have prowled all the used book stores in my town and the neighboring ones and have come up empty :( .

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...HR

HR, I am thinking the same thing. I will PM you when I am done, but won't drop any spoilers. I know you love RS!

If you get yourself a reader, she does have a LCR novella coming out in the spring. Check out her LCR web page of FB page! I am so glad she in going to continue that series! One of the best ever.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 pm 

Teri P wrote:
hopeless romantic wrote:

HR, I am thinking the same thing. I will PM you when I am done, but won't drop any spoilers. I know you love RS!

Teri--I look forward to hearing from you. And yes, I am a bit of an RS junkie :wink: .

HR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:22 am 

Read several books I got free for Kindle, all of which I enjoyed. Blank Slate by Natalie Calder, Friessen Legacy (a box set) by Lorhainne Ekhart, The Merry-Go-Round by Donna Fasano, Green Eyed Temptation by Lori Leger, and Picture Perfect by Lucie Simone. :D