Post subject: Weekend Reading Jan. 11-13
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 am 

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good week. Here in the Chicagoland area we broke a record of no snow accumlation for over 313 days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just hope we don't get slam in February.

We're taking down our Christmas trees and decorations this weekend and then it's on to football.

I'm in love with Cole from Shades of Gray by Maya Banks and I can't wait to read Steele's story. I also read and enjoyed the new Jeanette Murray book -- The Officer Breaks The Rules (I love Sourcebook Discover a New Love Club) and I'm currently reading A SEAL's Seduction by Tawny Weber...I think I'm on a military kick!! I have no idea what I want to read next, I'm thinking the new Bella Andre book -- One Perfect Night.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Jan. 11-13
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am 

Danielle wrote:

I'm in love with Cole from Shades of Gray by Maya Banks and I can't wait to read Steele's story.

Happy weekend Dani!

I'm so intrigued by this. I can't remember if I've ever read anything by Maya Banks. I might have to check out this series.

This weekend I have to get my tree down as well. I'm trying to knock out all my errands Saturday so I can focus on football Sunday.

I finished reading Waking Up with a Rake by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe. I really liked it. It was simple and uncomplicated. I think I'm going to have to check out some of the other books they've written together. I am not reading anything right now other than catching up on my monthly magazine pile (Glamour, Weight Watchers Magazine, Shape...etc.). I'm contemplating both Shadow Woman by Linda Howard and Blood Gospel by James Rollins. I'm going to read them both, but I don't know what order OR if I'm going to save them for vacation in March.

Tonight we're going to the House of Blues to see BB KING! Have a great weekend all!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:50 pm 

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

We went shopping yed. My mother came to visit for a couple of days. It was fun. DH is working all weekend so here I am.

I am reading Suzanne Enoch's Meet Me at Midnight. It is my first book by her. It was slow going at first but now it is enoyable. I am in the mood for romance! Valentine's is just around the corner and we got married that holiday. 11 yrs ago.

I am really enjoying the store decorations.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 pm 

I'm reading Thread On Arrival by Amanda Lee(I believe that's her last name anyway)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm 

This week I finished Imitation in Death by J.D. Robb and Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas. Both were great books.

Now I'm starting To Catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
Tonight we're going to the House of Blues to see BB KING! Have a great weekend all!

You are so lucky! I love BB! I still want to visit Buddy Guy's place in Chicago, and my Blues venue visits will be complete. My highlight was seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan at Antone's many, many years ago. Still have my boots he autographed. Long may his memory and music live. I will love SRV forever!

Not been a good week for reading, but I did start Carly Phillips new book Perfect Fit, and so far I am liking it. The new Gennita Low that RT gave 4 1/2 stars to, Tempting Trouble, was smokin'! It may have ruined me for romantic suspense for awhile. Nothing is going to compare for me until I can put that book behind me. So have to find another genre to read.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm 

Hello everyone.
Quiet week for me just getting over being sick. I am taking it easy.
I have to work tomorrow morn from 7 to 12. Then maybe to lunch with the grandkids and my daughter.
I am going to start our bookclub book called Chasing Darkness by Robert Crais. This is the 1st book I've ever read of his.

Stay warm and have a nice weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
Subscriber

I'm reading What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris. After that, I'm torn between reading bk 2 in that series, or Blood Gospel by James Rollins/Rebecca Cantrell.

We've had a mild winter so far, but can't remember when I've ever encountered so many sick people! Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm 

I'm catching up with the Black Dagger Brotherhood this weekend getting ready for "Lover at Last" and because of Teri P. I will be starting Gennita Low's S.A.S.S series. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 pm 

Dani, I decided to start the Maya Banks series, it looks so good! So Blood Gospel and Shadow Woman are on the back burner for awhile!

I'm starting The Darkest Hour now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm 

kylebmac wrote:
Dani, I decided to start the Maya Banks series, it looks so good! So Blood Gospel and Shadow Woman are on the back burner for awhile!

Kyle,

Hope you like it!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:51 pm 

Hi Everyone! It was 73 degress here in North Georgia today and is suppose to be 75 tomorrow. We have not even had a frost. All of my daffodils and other bulbs are coming up.. This usually happens in late Feb. or early Mar.

Reading wise I am trying to read A NOTORIOUS COUNTESS CONFESSES By Julie Anne Long. I love her books but this one is driving me crazy because of the poor editing. One page the heroine is Lady Wareham, the next page she is Lady Balmain. The name change just goes back and forth. That and extremely poor editing and mistakes in grammar is taking the joy out of this read. I don't even care how it ends now. Ms. Long should jump all over the folks at Avon books for this one.

Have a great weekend and happy reading all!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm 

Paulette, is that Robert Crais book a Joe Pike book? I've read a couple of RC's books and I always mean to get back to them but everyone knows how that goes -- too many books!

I'm going to start A Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde and hope I can get it done in 2 days because it's due on Sunday. It's a ebook loan so they'll sneak it back quick. We'll see.

No plans for this weekend but youngest is sick. I'm hoping I don't get it. Still putting Christmas decorations away but at least the bulk of it is done.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 am 

booksreader7 wrote:
I'm catching up with the Black Dagger Brotherhood this weekend getting ready for "Lover at Last" and because of Teri P. I will be starting Gennita Low's S.A.S.S series. :lol:

Lynn, I just love this series. Did you get to meet Gennita at RT in Chicago? It was a thrill for me to meet her, after reading all of her books. Tempting Trouble was awesome. She always brings in a few characters from earlier books, and TT was no exception. If you have kept up with the series, Jed (sniper) is the father of the heroine in this book. Jed had been a character - that I love - since her very first book. There is also a sweet relationship between an older (45 - I guess that's old, but to me is young!!) that is very deftly handled. I am not much of a re-reader, but I will revisit this book sometime down the road, along with the first 2 S.A.S.S. books.

Let me know your thoughts when you finish the book!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 pm 

Danielle wrote:
kylebmac wrote:

Kyle,

Hope you like it!

Dani, I'm aleady almost done with the second book! I LOVE them!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm 

I've decided that my Kindle and I should partake of a short term separation this week, starting today. :| So I may be found in the corner rocking somewhere in Sydney....

So, anyway, I am off to Sydney, tomorrow (tues)for some Yin Yoga training (nice) and I've decided to leave the Kindle at home and take two of the MANY real books that I should be reading.

So I will be starting Tall, Dark & Dead

And also taking

As much as I love reading and re-reading AND re-reading Kristen Ashley, I think I need an intervention and this week is the week, so it's a detox from the Kindle as well as participating in a Juice Detox while I'm away, have a great week...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm 

Teri P wrote:
booksreader7 wrote:

Quote:
Lynn, I just love this series. Did you get to meet Gennita at RT in Chicago? It was a thrill for me to meet her, after reading all of her books
I did get to meet her at one of the breakout sessions. She was so nice and very funny. I have never read any of her books and I have to read in order so I got the first one from the library Saturday. Hope I like it.

Lynne