Post subject: Weekend Reading Jan. 4-6
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:55 am 

Hello Everyone!!

I do hope everyone has recovered from the holidays! I'm taking it easy this weekend...so just grocery shopping for for, We're be watching football Saturday and Sunday! And I should get some reading in.

I started the new year out right so far with reading -- just finished Shades of Grey by Maya Banks -- I loved this book. Earlier this week I finished The Seduction of Elliot McBride by Jennifer Ashley -- loved it. I have no idea what I want to read next...I was thinking of the new Emma Locke book but I think I'll start the new Miranda Neville book.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

For those of you whose teams are in the play-offs -- Good Luck!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Jan. 4-6
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 am 

Happy Weekend all,

I'm off Saturday and working Sunday.
Almost finished with Jaci Burton's "Taking a Shot". I really like her Play by Play novels. Have so many books on my TBR pile I might just close my eyes, grab something!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:23 pm 

Wow! Saturday already! I've been on (enforced, which takes days off my holidays :evil: ) work break since the 21st Dec, back on Monday. Spent majority of yesterday at the beach, we hit 43 degrees (high fire danger day), maybe more of the same today, but this weather reminds me why my house is AWESOME, double brick, stays well cool without the need for Air Con (which I detest!!!!!), but this kind of weather no longer bothers me... it used to, but whatev!

Readling: Hot Ink - Ranae Rose (in a hot tattoo artist mood :wink: )

Doing: Painting my current bookshelves and planning on building new ones.

Listerning to: still...Somewhere in the Stratosphere - Shinedown, the lead singers voice is just getting me at the moment, hope they tour here this year...

Thinking on: My need to move, travel, expand, get out of a rutt SOON!!!!, my people tolerance is getting lower, morons abound...

Have a lovely weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:57 pm 

Hope the holidays were great for all of you - I'll raise a glass to everyone for fantastic books and great reading in 2013.

I hope I'm out of my reading slump! I read Linda Howard's new book "Shadow Woman" this week. IMO, it is the best LH book in several years. Has anyone else read it - what did you think?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 pm 

Just starting to get myself together. I tried to go to an emergency care and they were lined up out the door..pink eye and some other goodies..decided not to go in and wait . Everyone was screaming and complaining. Went to the drugstore got Mucinex (sp?) to clear up the chest,,pharm. said it was good.
Nothing planned for tomorrow just lay around some more and not rush things.
Started reading Marliss Melton's Time to Run. It is good except in one paragraph they call her Sara and then two line down it is spelled Sarah. Just little things like that make me crazy.
Have a great weekend and happy reading!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm 

Dani wrote:
Hope the holidays were great for all of you - I'll raise a glass to everyone for fantastic books and great reading in 2013.

I hope I'm out of my reading slump! I read Linda Howard's new book "Shadow Woman" this week. IMO, it is the best LH book in several years. Has anyone else read it - what did you think?

Dani

It's on my list for next week to read!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm 

I'm reading Waking Up with a Rake by Connie Mason and Mia Marlowe. I've been down for the count all week having unexpected dental work done Wednesday, Thursday and today. I have to go back in 2 weeks, then once more the week after that, then once again 2 weeks after that! I should be good though until my next cleaning in July after that though.

I'm headed to the Texans playoff game tomorrow. GO TEXANS!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 am 

Dani wrote:

Dani

Thanks for the recommendation, I just requested it from the library. I'm #36 on the list, so it will be a couple of weeks till I get it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 am 

I have the new Linda Howard book sitting here too, so will be anxious to read it and really glad to hear that several of you have liked it.

I just finished Gennita Low's Tempting Trouble and all I can say is oh my......was it ever worth the wait! Her S.A.S.S. series is one of my all time favorites. Jed is one of my all time favorite heroes, and this is about his daughter. I finished the book yesterday and resorted to knitting last night instead of picking up another book right away. Just had to let this one set in for awhile, it was that good! Also read Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas, so it was a great reading start to 2013.

Up next - the new Maya Banks, Linda Howard, Carly Phillips and Joann Ross. 4 of my favorite authors to start off the new year right!

Football - yahoo! Vikings - Packers - Texans. We all have a lot at stake this weekend and they should all be great games! I'll be watching for sure.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 pm 

DD kindly gave me her cold for Christmas and I am only just feeling well enough to do things. I hate a bunged up nose and where does all the gunge come from when you blow your nose? (Sorry!).
Although it was great having the family down and I got some lovely presents, not feeling great put a damper on it.
The week before we had a great time at Nurembergs Christmas Market. It was magical.
I am still plodding through Anne McAllisters Beware of Greeks category romances but by the 4th one in they are getting a smidgeon samey so after this one I think I shall read something else for a while. I got The Lady Most Willing anthology before Christmas so I think that is on the cards.
I am off to visit DS, DIL and the grandgirls next Tuesday to spend my birthday with them. Looking forward to seeing them all again and to hopefully be well this time.
Have a good one, Ladies.
Sheila

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm 

I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better soon. Whether it's cold, flu or dental work, none of its fun.

I started out the new year with some good books. I read Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong and thought it was a great addition to her Women of the Otherworld series. Now I'm reading Imitation in Death by J.D. Robb.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 pm 

I am re-visiting my childhood :D by reading THE LONG WINTER by Laura Ingalls Wilder. It doesn't help that I fear that this is exactly what this winter (tax season - ugghhh) is going to be. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 pm 

Trying to get a jump on my taxes. Watching football, reading Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley and also The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst.