Post subject: What are your top 5 ebooks of 2011/2012?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm 

I just got my first ereader - a Kindle Fire HD - for Christmas. I want to know what are your favs that are only published in ebook format - I know nothing about these authors and books. Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: What are your top 5 ebooks of 2011/2012?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 am 

A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G by Kristen Ashley.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 am 

For me it's anything by:

Adrienne Giordano!

Lover her Private Protectors books

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 am 

Kristen Ashley's name does come up a bit, doesn't it? :lol: Dani, I love the theme of "protector's" so thanks - I'll check her out!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm 

AGoodRead wrote:
Kristen Ashley's name does come up a bit, doesn't it? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry!! :lol: was my Kristen Ashley obsession showing, it's okay tho' I am reading others, Madeline Sheehan & Cherrie Lynn, been trying a lot of new authors on Kindle this year, some hit and others miss...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 pm 

It's ok - I just hear Kristen Ashley all of the time, but no one elses name! So you said you have been reading others and there were hits and misses - what were your hits?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 pm 

Most of the books I listed on the favorite books of 2012 are ebooks.

I forgot to mention R.L. Mattewson and J.M. Darhower.

I just read Love vs Payne by Z. Stefani. A pretty good ebook. Romeo and Juliet but nobody dies. Nicey priced.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 am 

AGoodRead wrote:
I just got my first ereader - a Kindle Fire HD - for Christmas. I want to know what are your favs that are only published in ebook format - I know nothing about these authors and books. Thanks so much!

Congratulations on your Kindle Fire HD. I'm really jealous. I got my Kindle last year and I wish I'd waited a year. How is the sound with the little speakers?

BTW, I haven't read any "all ebook" authors so I hope more people reply to this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 pm 

This year I haven 't kept track of Ebooks vs. hard copy. But I would say Meg Benjamin, Shannon Stacy and Marie Force who all started out as ebook and then to hard copy, albeit it further down the road for the hard copies.

I have attributed my lack of reading this year somewhat to my ereader. I have a new Fire HD (along with a Kindle Touch), and I love it - but I am much more likely to pick up the actual book than I am the ereader. I have no idea why, but I can scroll through the 200+ unread books on my reader and then stroll over the bookcase, pick up the damn book and read it before I will sit down with the Fire! Go figure...

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:11 pm 

Wait for Me by Elizabeth Naughton was offered free for kindle last week, and is one of the best romantic suspense books I have ever read.

License to Love, a holiday box set, by Kristen James, good romances.

The Shadows books by T L Haddix, more good romantic suspense with related characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm 

Miranda731 wrote:
Wait for Me by Elizabeth Naughton was offered free for kindle last week, and is one of the best romantic suspense books I have ever read.

Miranda--I thought that this book sounded like it would be really good, so I read an excerpt and I was right. I do not have an e-reader (still fighting it!) so I will have to wait for the book at the UBS. Without spoilers, could you comment on why you liked it so much?

HR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 am 

hopeless romantic wrote:
Miranda731 wrote:

Miranda--I thought that this book sounded like it would be really good, so I read an excerpt and I was right. I do not have an e-reader (still fighting it!) so I will have to wait for the book at the UBS. Without spoilers, could you comment on why you liked it so much?

HR

I like the way she built the story, and you really don't figure it out until the characters themselves do. I like the care she takes in both describing the main characters, and showing what they are like through their dialogue and action. I appreciate the fact that this is a romantic suspense story without horror or paranormal elements (even though I love the paranormal, it's nice to have a break).

I was also resistant to ereaders, until my DIL got the Kindle Fire and gave me her Kindle Keyboard. Now I love having it, and really appreciate the convenience of being able to get a book I want immediately -- as well as the many free books they offer, which has led me to new authors I had never tried before. Also the fact that many of my favorite authors have gone to hardcover, which is out of my budget -- so it's either get it from the library, or get the Kindle version which is usually less expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm 

Miranda731 wrote:
hopeless romantic wrote:
Miranda731 wrote:

HR

I like the way she built the story, and you really don't figure it out until the characters themselves do. I like the care she takes in both describing the main characters, and showing what they are like through their dialogue and action. I appreciate the fact that this is a romantic suspense story without horror or paranormal elements (even though I love the paranormal, it's nice to have a break).

I was also resistant to ereaders, until my DIL got the Kindle Fire and gave me her Kindle Keyboard. Now I love having it, and really appreciate the convenience of being able to get a book I want immediately -- as well as the many free books they offer, which has led me to new authors I had never tried before. Also the fact that many of my favorite authors have gone to hardcover, which is out of my budget -- so it's either get it from the library, or get the Kindle version which is usually less expensive.

I stumbled across this book last week when I was checking out the freebies on Amazon. It sounded interesting, so I downloaded it. Glad to hear it's a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm 

Miranda731 wrote:

Miranda--Thank you so much for your comments on 'Wait For Me' by Elisabeth Naughton. I am a big RS fan and I look forward to reading this book.

I also appreciate your comments on e-readers. For me, however, hunting down the books I want to read is half the fun. I spend less as I usually have to wait some time before I find what I am looking for. I think I would spend much more if all I had to do was press a button...and so, I keep resisting.

HR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm 

My fav ebook authors are: Heather Long, Lexi Blake, Sophie Oak, Heather Rainier, Tymber Dalton, Marie Force, Kallypso Masters, Maya Banks, Cooper McKenzie, Jayne Rylon. Siren Publishing allows you do download to your Kindle via their website. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten but these are the ones that come to mind. Have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm 

thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply! it has been so fun to find inexpensive books and press a button and have them there at my fingertips. I just got the Naughton book and also Tessa Dares last trilogy. What I did for a duke by Long was .99! I am currently reading Marie Forces Fatal series first book was free. I am typing this reply on my Kindle as well! Yeah Im having fun. Please keep those suggestions coming!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 am 

AGoodRead wrote:
thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply! it has been so fun to find inexpensive books and press a button and have them there at my fingertips. I just got the Naughton book and also Tessa Dares last trilogy. What I did for a duke by Long was .99! I am currently reading Marie Forces Fatal series first book was free. I am typing this reply on my Kindle as well! Yeah Im having fun. Please keep those suggestions coming!

I also enjoyed the Marie Force book. I'm waiting before I read the rest, since I've found that sometimes when one book in a series is free, you can get the others free at a later date (that's what happened with the Haddix "shadows" books).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm 

I'm a little late in replying, but here are my favs of the year:

1. Abigail Roux (I've also got her books in paperback, but I read the ebooks more often - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Cut & Run series)

2. Holly S. Roberts

3. Laurann Dohner (New Species series)

4. Cameron Dane (some of my favorites are Sweetest Tattoo, Ultimate Kink, Ride, but all her books I've read have been good.)

5. Kaje Harper (Mac and Tony's books LOVE THEM)

6. Carrie Ann Ryan

7. Nicki Charles (these are free on Nook)