Post subject: Weekend Reading Dec, 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 am 

For those of us who celebrate Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Snow finally hit the Chicagoland area....we woke up to just a little snow on the grass other areas got hit.

I'm going to have a busy weekend getting ready for Christmas Eve....Saturday will be spent cleaning the house and on Sunday I'm going to start some of my cooking for Monday.

This past week I read some cute Christmas novellas by Jennifer Ashley, Lorraine Heath and Delilah Marvelle. I started the new Kat Martin book last night.

Any last minute shopping, baking or shopping to do? What are you reading.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Dec, 21-23
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am 

Merry Christmas all!

I have some final shopping left to do today and then some wrapping this weekend.

Right now I'm reading Shiver by Karen Robards. So far pretty good. After that I might read Lee Childs Killing Floor and see what all the Jack Reacher madness is about.

Everyone have a super safe and wonderful Christmas this week!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:20 am 

Merry Christmas To All! I will be reading A Haunting Dream by Joyce & Jim Lavene. Working Saturday off Sunday. My brother & I don't exchange presents so I didn't have to worry about Christmas shopping. Had rain & wind last night-no snow for Christmas this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:33 am 

kylebmac wrote:
I might read Lee Childs Killing Floor and see what all the Jack Reacher madness is about.

I started the Jack Reacher series in April and am now about to read the seventh book. Start with the first one but know that each one gets better than the one before it (at least so far). I find that to be somewhat unusual in a series. Be aware that the violence in the first book can be a bit much: truly, I lost count of the number of bodies. Not all the books have a high body count but that first book gives you a good sense of who Reacher is. He takes no prisoners. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 pm 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

My celebration begins at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow. I leave work and go straight to church for our Christmas musical. Will lay low Sunday and watch movies, read and do some cooking.
I am reading Hidden Pleasures by Brenda Jackson after that I have North of Need a Para by Laura Kaye then Snowglobe Christmas and Insp Romance Anthology.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 pm 

Happy Holidays to everyone!

We are definitely having a white Christmas here, with 8" of fresh snow after a good old fashioned blizzard yesterday. My shopping is done, just a few more gifts to wrap, one gift to finish, meals to fix and just relax.

I did get in more reading this week. Read Christmas on Mimosa Lane by Anna DeStefano and it was a great story. Just finished Linda Lael Miller's latest, Big Sky River, and loved it. I like her latest series and this is not the last book either! One more coming in June. Just started Fool For Love by Beth Ciotta, and so far I am enjoying that too. Hopefully I am past another slump and will start off 2013 with lots of good books.

I am off to bed early. Felt a touch of the flu this afternoon, so hopefully I can sleep it off and not be sick for Christmas.

Here's hoping Santa is good to you all and brings you lots of good books, enjoyable family and friend moments and relaxing times for the week ahead!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:25 pm 

Kissing Kendall by Jennifer Shirk
Demons are a Girl's Bestfriend by Linda Wisdom

Stil feeling a little under the weather but my mood has improved. Both great books so far. It seeks like lately I must read 2 books at once.

Just finished watching Michael Buble Christmas special. He has an awesome voice. Been cooking for DH and enjoying it.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm 

Merry Christmas to all!

I am reading A CHRISTMAS BRIDE by Mary Balogh. I read it years ago, but am enjoying it.

All shopping, wrapping done, just baking and cooking still to do.

A joyous Holiday to everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:52 am 

Merry Christmas everybody. To repeat some famous words,God bless us one and all.
I am reading some Christmas romances from Harl.Medical and Harl romance.
Also have Preston & Child's new book to read- Two Graves

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 am 

Happy Merry Santery, Peeps!

I still reading Kristen Ashley - Wildest Dreams, close enough to a christmas book....

Newly addicted to Madeline Sheehan, awaiting her new book, what is it with me and biker books???

Officially on a two week break from work, what will I do with myself??? Oh yeah READ HEAPS!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:56 pm 

I don't know if I will get much reading done this weekend. Celebrating Christmas with my dad and his family tonight. My son is coming home, flying in from Houston TX this afternoon. My youngest got home late last night. It's so good to have all Christmas shopping done and wrapped....went for a manicure and pedicure this morning. I am planning on baking Christmas cookies tomorrow.

Everyone have a safe, fun and wonderful holiday season. Be sure to spread a little love and happiness!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 pm 

Klass - I'm jealous. Two weeks off of work sounds like Heaven.

I just finished Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery. It's the first book in her Fool's Gold series and the first time I've read this author. I'll be looking for more books in the series.

Not sure what I'll read next. Got books piled all over the place ready to read. Maybe I'll pick up a Christmas book.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:55 pm 

Merry Christmas to all.

This past week I finished Shiver. It was okay, nothing spectacular. KR has written better books, IMO.

I also have a few pages of David Mamet's, The Secret Knowledge, a non-fiction, and am almost finished with Nora Roberts' Hidden Riches. This is a re-read as I read it several years ago, but is very good and worth re-reading. I think some of her romantic suspense books of ten-twenty years past are better than some of her recent work.

I picked up Pride and Prejudice, Wild and Wanton edition by Annabella Bloom and Jane Austen. I don't know if I will like it (other than the original writing of Austen) but it was cheap, $3.99, so I bought it.

I need to get busy with my baking. Still have a little bit of wrapping to do before I am ready for the big day.

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday surrounded by your friends and loved ones. And lots of nice presents. :)

Wooooooo Pigs! Soooooieee! Razorbacks!
Go Hogs!