Post subject: Weekend Reading Dec. 14-16
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 am 

Hello Everyone!

Happy OMG Christmas is just around the corner!!!

I am totally down with my Christmas shopping, gifts mailed, wrapped and under the tree. Christmas cards all mailed! Fish ordered for Christmas Eve!!!

We have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning, after that shopping and a night in front of the TV. Sunday will be spent watching football.

I've been on a Blaze kick lately -- I read The Risk Taker by Kira Sinclair and His First Noelle by Rhonda Nelson. I just started All I Want for Christmas is a Duke by Delilah Marvelle and Marie Claremont. After that I have no idea.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have a Good Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Dec. 14-16
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am 

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrlyn Sparks
Inner Demons by Sarra Cannon

Alot of baking..mostly cookies. Otherwise reading and relaxing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:44 pm 

As usual I have nothing ready for Christmas, but I did get some reading done this week. A cute holiday romance "My Only Christmas Wish" by J.M. Jeffries.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:50 pm 

I have nothing ready as well for Christmas. I need to get some Christmas shopping and wrapping done this weekend, along with a project at my house I need to get finished.

I finished reading something earlier this week and haven't picked up anything new yet. I'm thinking with all I have to do this weekend, I will probably end up just having a magazine reading weekend. Going to watch my Texans on Sunday and that's about it.

I'm a little hung over today from a Christmas party I was at last night. Ahem...so anyway. :x Later ladies!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm 

I'm reading Kresley Cole's latest but it's slow going. It just isn't capturing my attention the way her older books did....that's happening with a lot of my favorite authors sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm 

I'm getting there with my Christmas preparations. I need to do some more baking but my list of people to buy for is shrinking so that really helps. My in-laws are having an exchange on the 23rd with a "comfort theme" so I'm getting DVD's and either popcorn or chocolate. Easy. My family doesn't exchange. I bought a few things clothes wise for my sons and DH but the rest I ordered from Amazon. I do miss walking around and listening to the Christmas music at the mall -- but not too much!

This weekend I'll finish Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich and start Shiver by Karen Robards. Sunday I plan on sitting with my sister and watching the 3 hours of Survivor with popcorn and bourbon slushies! Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by Linda7849 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 pm 

I still have to get my cards out... just got the stamps and bookmarks... so all I have to do is sit my butt down and do it. I have to work at the Y tomorrow... it is my Saturday.
I just got done wrapping gifts for the American Legions Christmas party on Sunday. This is our smallest group of kids ever... so sad.
I am reading Vision in White by Nora Roberts. Hope to do some reading after work and on Sunday.

Have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 am 

Reading: Three Wishes - Kristen Ashley

Listening to: Joe Cocker (great song Fire It Up)

Thoughts: Are with you guys in the States

Waiting for: 21st December ....the end of separation and the beginning of UNITY!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 am 

Still reading Naughty In Nice by Rhys Bowen-almost finished. Bought a few books yesterday so not sure what I will start next. Will be writing up my Christmas cards today & get them out on Monday. Working on Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 pm 

Now I am reading
How to Marry a Vampire Millionaire by Kerrelyn Sparks
Cookie chronicles: Raylene by Lori Wilde

Both are fab series.

Happy Holidays!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm 

We had a lovely few days of crisp mornings and blue sky but now it has gone back to rain and wind. Yuk. Christmas shopping in the rain is not my favourite although I must admit it did keep the crowds down!
I have now sent all my cards and parcels and now its just the tree to finish - oh and wrap up the presents.
I am still reading Mills & Boon etc. I am enjoying Anne McAllisters Greeks series and quite liked Snowbound In The Earls Castle by Fiona Harper, Becoming Dante by Day Leclaire oh, and I read Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath. Feb's M&B arrived yesterday so I am into them.
I am off to Nuremberg Christmas Market on Monday with DD and her bf. It is supposed to be THE Christmas market and will be the first German one I have been to since leaving Berlin in 1993. Fingers crossed there will be snow and gluwein and quarkballs etc. etc.
I am in a bit of a quandary re what to take with me, reading wise. My Kindle has loads of books on it but what if it goes wrong (as it did earlier this year). Oh the horror of not having anything to read and being in a foreign country!!! Maybe I shall slip in a book just in case. Worrywort!
Have a good one, Ladies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm 

Quiet weekend. I just finished cleaning and have to think of something to take to work on Monday for a luncheon. But now I have the rest of the weekend to read.

Right now I'm reading MacKenzie's Magic by Debra Dier. I can't decide if I like it or not. I think I'll go for a suspense story after this one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 am 

I'm on a Christmas reading roll this week! I read Under the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis, Christmas on Mimosa Lane by Anna DeStefano, A Fool's Gold Holiday, and The Skeik and the Christmas Bride by Susan Mallery. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit!

Heading to dad's tomorrow to do his wash and visit. Working 3 days this week at the hospice, and then need to wrap and get out family cards. Bookmarks and cards are in the mail for the RT Christmas bookmark exchange. First things first!

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:42 am 

Teri P wrote:
I'm on a Christmas reading roll this week! I read Under the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis, Christmas on Mimosa Lane by Anna DeStefano, A Fool's Gold Holiday, and The Skeik and the Christmas Bride by Susan Mallery.

Teri--I read an excerpt from 'Christmas on Mimosa Lane' by Anna DeStefano and really liked it. Did you enjoy it?

HR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 am 

I spent the day helping my friend move back into her apartment. She had four feet of water because of Sandy. So we spent the day taking her things from storage and putting together furniture. I am exhausted! I was there for 9 hours and we still didn't get to finish. But at least she's back in her apt.

Today is my birthday and, honestly, I just want to relax :D I'll be 32 and I'd rather stay home :roll:
I know that I'll be going out to dinner with my family.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:58 am 

brwneyedbeauty wrote:
Today is my birthday and, honestly, I just want to relax :D I'll be 32 and I'd rather stay home :roll:
I know that I'll be going out to dinner with my family.

Happy Birthday brwneyedbeauty

Have a great day!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 pm 

Happy Birthday, Josie!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm 

Thank you Danielle and Robin :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:14 pm 

Happy Birthday Browneyedbeauty. May you have many more.

I am reading The Importance of Being Wicked by Miranda Nevillle. It is a great book.My heart is so sad as all my grandchildren are in elementary school.

Our five year old granddaughter was with us all weekend and I just kept hugging her. She finally said "Grandma stop."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 pm 

Happy Birthday, Browneyedbeauty/Josie. Hope you have a great birthday. 32 is a good year!!!