Post subject: Weekend Reading Dec. 7-9
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:11 am 

Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week! I had a great time at Booksreader 7 brunch on Sunday and at the Lady Jane's Salon on Tuesday.

No plans this weekend......so far. I plan on getting my gifts wrapped and hopefully box up the ones that have to be mail out of town.

I read the new Bella Andre's book - Come A Little Bit Closer - OMG...this series just keeps on getting better and better. And one thing I have to say is once the h/h have sex they go at it like the Ever Ready Bunny. I also read Lord Grey's List by Maggie Robinson -- I enjoyed it. I'm currently reading The Professional by Rhonda Nelson...so far so good. After I finish that book I hope to catch up on reading some of my Harlequin Blazes.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have A Good Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Dec. 7-9
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 am 

Dani, so funny you mentioned the new Bella Andre book. I started reading the first book in the series yesterday, The Look of Love and so far I'm really loving it. I can't wait to move through this series. It's nice to know there are so many books! And nice to know you're liking the new one. Once I finish this first book, I'll move on to the second, From This Moment On.

Busy weekend for me. I need to squeeze in some work, a workout or 2, buy a Christmas tree and put it up, plus go see my uncle on Sunday in the nursing home he lives in for their Christmas. Plus I need to hit the store and figure out what I'm making for dinner Monday night for MNF with the Texans at Patriots. I. CANNOT. WAIT.

On top of that...my mom has pneumonia. So everyone please say a little prayer for her to SIT STILL for a while and get well.

Have a great weekend girls!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 pm 

Here it is Friday, already! I can't believe it.
I have absolutely nothing planned except a haircut for tomorrow morning. I have to miss book club because it will be the only time I can get it done before the holidays.

I am still reading Close Your Eyes by Johansen and her son. It is just that I can't make the time during the day. I end up collapsing at night and my eyes keep going shut. Crap...side effect of being old. I plan to finish it this weekend.

Hope the Steelers do ok on Sunday. I will be down my sisters house for that.

I am still making all my christmas cards and have about 20 to go and then I will start mailing them out. Pretty simple ones this year.

Kyle, it is so hard to make a mother sit still... we are always on the go. Good luck with that! I will say a prayer for her.
I saw an article in Time magazine about RT books and authors...Belle Andres was one and it said she has made about 2 million dollars so far with her writing. I have a couple of her books in my TBR pile and I have to dig them out.

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 pm 

Wow only three people here. I hope that means people are just out Christmas shopping. I've been putting up Christmas decorations. Trying to get into the mood which is difficult this year. I have very little bought and nothing baked. What I need is for my youngest son to get out of the house so I can blast the Christmas music. He's driving me nuts.

Right now I'm reading an oldie that I'm reading for free from Amazon Prime. It's Moonrise by Anne Stuart. Very dark but very good so far. After that I have no idea what I'll read. I have a bunch of TV shows that I DVR'd to watch and I have my Christmas favorites that I want to watch as well. Playing for Keeps with Gerard Butler and Jessica Alba opens up today so I'm hoping to see that maybe this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 pm 

I've been AWOL again, mostly visiting the rellies in Hampshire and just lurking, really. I've not read any really great books lately but I live in hopes. I am currently reading Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath in anticipation of an e-book coming out soon about the rejected suitor in this book.
Yesterday I put the tree up and good grief, I had forgotten how long it takes. This is the first time it has been up since David died. I love chucking every Christmas ornament I own onto the tree which annoys DD no end as she would prefer a more stylish tree (hehehe).
Next week I am meeting a friend in London - I must be mad at this time of year but we are going to the Victoria and Albert Museum to see an exhibition of Hollywood costumes including Wizard of Oz, Jack Sparrow etc. Then we'll probably hit Harrods as it is just down the road.
I have glommed Anne McAllisters 'Greeks' series so I shall be reading some of those next. Probably not all at once and I may get some Christmas books under my belt.
This weekend I shall be finishing off my cards and starting to wrap up the presents. I'm listening to Michael Bubles Christmas CD and trying to stop eating the food which I've bought for Christmas and don't usually have in the house. No willpower!
Have a good one, Ladies.
Sheila

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm 

starting reading the new Karen Robard's "Shiver" and really enjoying it.

Trying to get in the Christmas spirit; the tree is up but not decorated.

Took a day off work to drive 90 miles out into the country to do my mothers Xmas cards for her but now have no omph to do my own. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:09 pm 

I'm reading Naughty N' Nice By Rhys Bowen right now. Been working a lot of overtime in the past 2 weeks so not much reading getting done nor watching all the shows that have been DVR'd recently.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 am 

With Everything I Am -Kristen Ashley & A Witch Before Dying Heather Blake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 am 

JaniceC wrote:

Janice--I read the synopsis and an excerpt from 'Shiver' and I was struck by their similarity to another of Karen Robards' books, 'Walking After Midnight'. Granted, there are differences between the two titles, but the main story arcs (H and h, strangers, on the run together) are close.

HR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 pm 

HR, I was thinking the same thing about the Robards book. I loved "Walking After Midnight", so imagine I would like Shiver too.

I am late to the party - again! Mainly because I thought I would get out of my slump and read this past weekend, and didn't. :( I had outpatient surgery on Friday for basal cell skin cancer, that turned out to be more than I bargained for. Two huge incisions on my back totaling 30 stitches, and hurt like hell! I should have gotten it done for free, in agreement for being a walking commercial for sun screen! And the one in front of my neck - the tiny guy with only 8 stitches - is very noticeable. My surgeon at Mayo is a derm/plastic surgeon, so am hoping he did a bang up job on that one and it doesn't show much later. The good news is, they are gone and they got it all! So much for growing old gracefully. Wear sunscreen!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm 

Teri P wrote:
I am late to the party - again! Mainly because I thought I would get out of my slump and read this past weekend, and didn't. :( I had outpatient surgery on Friday for basal cell skin cancer, that turned out to be more than I bargained for. Two huge incisions on my back totaling 30 stitches, and hurt like hell! I should have gotten it done for free, in agreement for being a walking commercial for sun screen! And the one in front of my neck - the tiny guy with only 8 stitches - is very noticeable. My surgeon at Mayo is a derm/plastic surgeon, so am hoping he did a bang up job on that one and it doesn't show much later. The good news is, they are gone and they got it all! So much for growing old gracefully. Wear sunscreen!

Great news Teri!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:51 pm 

hopeless romantic wrote:
JaniceC wrote:

Janice--I read the synopsis and an excerpt from 'Shiver' and I was struck by their similarity to another of Karen Robards' books, 'Walking After Midnight'. Granted, there are differences between the two titles, but the main story arcs (H and h, strangers, on the run together) are close.

HR

I thought of that when reading the book and while there are similarities it is different; not overly fond of the ending though

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:15 am 

Teri P wrote:
I had outpatient surgery on Friday for basal cell skin cancer, that turned out to be more than I bargained for.

Teri--Hope you heal up well and quickly. I got a very bad sunburn nearly 40 years ago and every five years or so I require the removal of a basal cell carcinoma. Touch wood, all have been successfully removed and no further treatment needed. I will second your WEAR SUNSCREEN!

HR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 am 

JaniceC wrote:
I thought of that when reading the book and while there are similarities it is different; not overly fond of the ending though

Janice--No spoilers necessary, but PLEASE tell me there is an HEA.

HR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm 

hopeless romantic wrote:
JaniceC wrote:

HR

yes, there is a HEA :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 am 

JaniceC wrote:
hopeless romantic wrote:

HR

yes, there is a HEA :lol:

Thank goodness! I would hate to get to the end of 'Shiver' only to be let down :x .

HR