Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov. 30-Dec 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 am 

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week! I have another busy weekend coming up -- Saturday will be spent Christmas shopping, putting up the tree and getting Christmas cards sent out to our troops. On Sunday I attending a Christmas Brunch hosted by Bookreader 7 (Lynn) and then coming home to watch football.

I really didn't do much reading this week, I read One Fine Fireman by Jennifer Bernard it was a good book and I'm currently reading Lord Grey's List by Maggie Robinson.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov. 30-Dec 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:31 am 

Hi everyone,

I am reading My Only Christmas Wish (Kimani Romance)
by J. M. Jeffries. RT gave it a low rating, but I am enjoying it.

I am off this weekend, Sat will be time for decorating and reading and Sunday is a Christmas brunch with friends and my online buddy Dani! Tuesday I'm going to Lady Jane's Salon to see Beth Kery, Sherrill Bodine and a few other Romance writers. It's held at a chocolate shop, who could ask for more.

Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 am 

I've had a good week since I took this week off of work. My cards are all done. Extra housecleaning done. Shopping done (except for a couple gift cards). Christmas decorating will be done today. I'm not baking, so don't have to worry about that.

This week I've actually had time to read too!

The Black Echo - Michael Connelly (4 Stars)
Burn - Linda Howard (5 Stars)
Skin Deep - Pamela Clare (Very Good I-Team short story)
Pleasure Unbound - Larissa Ione (4.5 Stars)

I'm now reading Back Spin by Harlan Coben. Really good so far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm 

Happy Weekend everyone!

I'm currently reading Running Wild by Linda Howard/Linda Jones. It's good so far, but reminds me A LOT of Duncan's Bride.

We're having new carpet installed in our house on Saturday, so I'll probably be fairly tied up with that. I need to get going on my Christmas cards and shopping but so far...it's a slow process for me since I've been so busy with other things around my house. I really really need to work some tomorrow as well but we'll have to see how the carpet goes.

Texans play on Sunday, so I'll be doing my usual Sunday football watching and probably laundry too. Everyone have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm 

I'm re-reading Kiss me while I sleep by Linda Howard. I forgot how much I liked this book!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 pm 
Subscriber

Hi Everyone!

I just finished up A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison, and I'm currently reading the next one, For a Few Demons More. I am really hooked on this series!

No special plans for me, have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:54 pm 

[color=#008080]I'm reading Running Wild by Linda Howard/Linda Jones also. I'm okay so far - at least I'm reading again. LH has long been a favorite so maybe this will help me snap out of the slump.

Going out of town in a few weeks for Christmas so my decorating will be minimal. Envious of those of you who have your cards almost ready to go. I'd better get going on that.

Have a great weekend.

Dani/color]

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 pm 

Hi everyone.

Just got back from a baby shower and was shocked to find that the mother of the man was one of my faves from my gym. We couldn't believe that we had this all in common... her daughter used to live with my Shar while she was in college and she was like a 2nd daughter to me. Karen hadn't been to the gym in awhile and I was glad to see she was doing great... wow, her son has 5 sisters... think he is prepared for living with a woman!

Tomorrow will just be football and I will still cheer my Steelers on but it is so questionable... Ben isn't starting and Charlie hasn't had much on field practice. Oh well, it will still be good.

I am reading the end of Close Your Eyes by Iris Johanson and her son. It is really pretty good. I never read any of the others buy them and will go and pick them up.

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 am 

Reading: Fear the Darkness - Alexandra Ivy

Listening to: Eva Cassidy

Donated: A whack of books to the local BackPackers

Making: Soy Candles

Purchased: Mac Air Laptop :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:30 am 

PauletteW wrote:
Hi everyone.

Just got back from a baby shower and was shocked to find that the mother of the man was one of my faves from my gym. We couldn't believe that we had this all in common... her daughter used to live with my Shar while she was in college and she was like a 2nd daughter to me. Karen hadn't been to the gym in awhile and I was glad to see she was doing great... wow, her son has 5 sisters... think he is prepared for living with a woman!

Tomorrow will just be football and I will still cheer my Steelers on but it is so questionable... Ben isn't starting and Charlie hasn't had much on field practice. Oh well, it will still be good.

I am reading the end of Close Your Eyes by Iris Johanson and her son. It is really pretty good. I never read any of the others buy them and will go and pick them up.

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy reading.

Paulette, I was really happy to see your Steelers win!! Congrats!