Post subject: Anyone read Warm Bodies by Issac Marion?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:11 am 

Think Zombie boy find love w/human girl. Hey if a Vampire can have love this is next is supernatural trends!

I caught the movie trailer watching Breaking Dawn 2. It caught my attention so original it was. I discovered it was a book first! Read the excerpt and was intrigued.

So has anyone else read Warm Bodies???

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.-George Orwell

Post subject: Re: Anyone read Warm Bodies by Issac Marion?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 pm 

erika wrote:
Think Zombie boy find love w/human girl. Hey if a Vampire can have love this is next is supernatural trends!

I caught the movie trailer watching Breaking Dawn 2. It caught my attention so original it was. I discovered it was a book first! Read the excerpt and was intrigued.

Me too, erika - I had looked at this book before but didn't think a "zombie romance" was possible between a human girl and a zombie boy.

After seeing the trailer before BDP2, I am definitely going to read Warm Bodies now :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 am 

CafeGirl wrote:
erika wrote:

Me too, erika - I had looked at this book before but didn't think a "zombie romance" was possible between a human girl and a zombie boy.

After seeing the trailer before BDP2, I am definitely going to read Warm Bodies now :-)

Cool! I'm going to 1click it at Amazon.

The excerpt really pulled me in. Noticed Stephanie Meyers' endorsed it.
The movie trailer looks like it follows the book mostly.

Not a fan of these dystopian novels tho I did like the Hunger Games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm 

I have not read this one. If the author sort of bends the zombie genre, a human/zombie love story could work. I read PLAY DEAD by Ryan Brown (more of a thriller than a romance, though) about a high school football team that goes off a cliff into the river and they all are killed except one who brings them back to life as zombies but if he can "undo" things in time (don't want to give to much away) they won't remain zombies. Actual rotting, body-parts-falling-off zombies the way they are usually done is a big YUCK! So, I don't think a HEA romance would be possible. Someone let me know after they've read this one whether it worked or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:28 pm 

OHREADER wrote:
I have not read this one. If the author sort of bends the zombie genre, a human/zombie love story could work. I read PLAY DEAD by Ryan Brown (more of a thriller than a romance, though) about a high school football team that goes off a cliff into the river and they all are killed except one who brings them back to life as zombies but if he can "undo" things in time (don't want to give to much away) they won't remain zombies. Actual rotting, body-parts-falling-off zombies the way they are usually done is a big YUCK! So, I don't think a HEA romance would be possible. Someone let me know after they've read this one whether it worked or not.

In WArm Bodies the hero is still more human than rotting zombie.

Hope to finish by Sunday.