Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov. 16-18
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 am 

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well!!!

I'm going to have another busy weekend! Getting ready for Thanksgiving!! I have to admit that this is the one holiday were it's just my husband and myself -- and we love it. Going to see my aunt on Sunday morning and then a day of watching football. Saturday I'm meeting a friend for coffee and then on to grocery shopping!

I read the newest Marie Force book -- Fatal Deception, I love Sam and Nick!!! Also Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis..a very enjoyable read. I'm currently reading All He Ever Desired by Shannon Stacey. Up next I have no idea.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov. 16-18
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 am 

You know Dani, this is the 1st thing I look for on Friday and read throughout the weekend. I know it is not easy and I want to thank you for doing this. It makes my weekend.... love seeing what all my friends are up to and reading!!

I am planning a nice relaxing Friday. The kids are coming over for awhile but have to go home after Sharyn and Scott get down being on their "date." Saturday morning I am working at the gym. Saturdays are not hard, because I make it easy for myself. I clean the place during the week.... so, on weekends, only do towels and talk to people.

I am reading Blind Faith by C. J. Lyons. I am halfway through and am loving it. I have to go back and dig out the other books I have by her and put them on the top of my TBR pile.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy reading!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am 

Hi everyone,

Like Paulette said, I look forward to the Weekend Reading post. Although I don't always post a reply, I always take a look at it. Thanks Danielle!

I'm planning on doing my pre-holiday house cleaning this weekend. I'm going out for Thanksgiving, no cooking this year.

I have been listening to "Welcome to Serenity" by Sherryl Woods on audio, it's okay, I liked the first book better. I have also been reading a novella, "Snow Globe" by Shelila Roberts, it's a romantic holiday story -- my kind of stuff. :wink: Next up is Mistletoe Cowboy by Carolyn Brown.

Good Weekend to You!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am 

I hope to finish Without Fail by Lee Child today. Good, good book ... in fact, my favorite in the series so far. Thanks to all have mentioned this series over the years.

I plan to read another in the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey: Kushiel's Scion. It starts the second generation. I highly recommend the series. It starts with Kushiel's Dart. Here are couple reviews to tempt you:

http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/kushiels-dart

http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookRevie ... iewId=2061

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:56 am 

Happy weekend Dani and everyone! And I agree, TGIF starts here every week! :D

This last week I finished Nauti Temptress by Lora Leigh. Other than that, I started The Mad Lord's Daughter by Jane Goodger. I got about a chapter or so in and then hit archive. I just had no interest in it.

Like many of you, I'll be doing stuff on Saturday to get ready for Thanksgiving. I REALLY need to go to the fabric store and recover my dining room chairs before Thursday because we got our dining room redone and they don't match anything now (and they're ugly!). I figure if I do 2 a day between now and then I'll have them done. I'm going to the Texans game on Sunday, so my day will be full between driving in town for the game and coming home. I usually leave around 9:30 and get home between 5 and 6 and by the time I'm home, I'm pooped!

We went to the 11 pm showing of Breaking Dawn part 2 last night. If you're going to see it...all I can say is get ready...the ending is a little different from the book. :shock: I'm definitely going to need to see it again in the next week or 2 to take it all in again.

If I get to read anything I'll probably read the new Lisa Marie Rice book, Heart of Danger (Ghost Ops book 1). Have a great weekend all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm 

Thanks, Danielle for getting this started every Friday. I also read it several times during the weekend.

I am reading RULES TO CATCH A DEVILISH DUKE by Suzanne Enoch. It is just ho-hum for me. I haven't read the two previous books in the series so really don't know who the people are or what is going on. That is the problem with series .Very annoying.

We are eating Thanksgiving dinner out this year. I am not up to the big marathon cooking, cleaning and getting ready this year. We've invited immediate family members and hubby will pay for everyone.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:31 pm 

I don't know if I will get too much reading in this weekend. Just finished with Reflected in You by Sylvia Day. Great book.

My boys are coming home Monday for Thanksgiving break. My oldest's birthday is Tues and he wants a party--grill out steaks, 10 of his friends are invited and they will be spending the night---whew!

I am cleaning house this weekend and getting my grocery list for birthday and Thanksgiving. I am in charge of cooking the turkey and bringing the honey baked ham. It is over whelming.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:33 pm 

Thank you Dani for doing this thread. I enjoy reading what everyone is doing and reading for the weekend. I know it is a big task but so enjoyable. Thanks alot!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 pm 
Subscriber

I wanted to add my thanks too Danielle! Like a couple of other posters have said, I don't always post either, but I always take a look! I'm always interested in what everyone is reading. I'm looking forward to the holiday and time off from work.

Right now I'm reading A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison, up next is KMM's Iced. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Lorraine on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm 

Reading: Rapture J R Ward .... inbetween re-reads of At Peace Kirsten Ashley

Listening to: My iTunes DJ so anything and everything!! (currently Meatloaf's :Life is a Lemon & I Want My Money Back!")

Laughing at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bew-sqUF1EQ yes eaten on the first day of purchase!

Plans: Mow front lawn and contemplate my navel, and try to remember that although I am not an only child, my siblings like to treat me like I am :|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm 

Adding my thanks to everyone else's Danielle. Usually my weekend starts here about this time but I started earlier when I saw Breaking Dawn 2 today (loved it!). Anyway, I'm going to begin the Perfect Hope (I think that's the name of it) by Nora Roberts. It's the last book in the Boonsboro series. Not her best series but not her worst either. I'm enjoying it.

I rented New Years Eve from the Library to watch tonight. I love that movie. I saw it last year when it came out. It's a Garry Marshall movie so no one dies and everyone has a good time! I think it has everyone who has ever been in one of his movies before except Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.

I'll be preparing for Thanksgiving this week too. I'm pulling up carpeting in my house so I'll be fixing the turkey and taking it to my son's new house. That should make it easy but getting the extra chairs and tables over there is going to be a royal pain. 22 people and they're all adults. We'll be eating in the basement! And I'm not carting the china over -- plastic disposable plates this time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm 

Thanks everyone, I enjoy doing this thread and I'm tickled that you do to!!

:D :D
:P :P

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 pm 

Danielle wrote:
Thanks everyone, I enjoy doing this thread and I'm tickled that you do to!!

:D :D
:P :P

LOVE YOU DANI!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 am 

I'd also like to thank Danielle for keeping this thread going :wink:

I'm mostly done shopping for everything for Thanksgiving. We're having it at my house this year and there is going to be about 12 of us.

I've read two new books this week: 'Twas The Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries and Princess In Love by Julianne MacLean. Both were good reads. Now I'm reading To Tempt An Irish Rogue by Kaitlin O'Riley.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am 

I also thank you Danielle. I love this post and look forward to it each weekend even if I don't always post.

Once again I'm reading several books.
I want to finish Leslie Kelly's Asking for Trouble tonight. Tomorrow I want to finish Dick Francis' Bloodline written by his son Felix Francis.Am enjoying both very much.
'Twas the Night After Christmas is waiting for me at the library.I won't start it until after Thanksgiving even though I am watching Christmas movies on TV.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:14 pm 

I will be finishing Meg Benjamin's series this weekend; not sure what I will read after that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 pm 

The Dangerous Duke by Arabella Sheraton
Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks
Vampy Christmas by Kerrelyn Sparks

Looking forward to Thanksgiving and all the yummy food. This is a thread I look forward to every week as well. Thanks so much for bringing us all joy each Friday. :D

KS is a new fav author for me. Her books hit just the right note for passion and humour. I am reading them out of order and I can still follow the storyline. Vamps and the City is just $.99 thru Nook.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:41 pm 

OMG!!!

I just realized that I should have wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm 

Thanks Dani for all you do for the weekend reading post. It's one of my Friday highlights, even though I am always late to the party! :oops:

I am reading the new Roxanne St. Claire Barefoot Bay book.. It's really good, although there have been a few eye roll moments for me with the heroine. :roll: She just can't seem to accept the good man who has found his way back to her.

Thanksgiving is at our house this week. Our ever shrinking family will be down to 6 of us this year. I keep threatening to hit a buffet some year, but so far I keep getting talked out of it. My crappy knees can't take standing in the kitchen all day, so as long as everyone helps, we'll make it.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am thankful for all my RT Pals.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:51 am 

I will add my Thanks also. I have started so many great reads and most have come from all the ideas you all have posted! Thanks!