Post subject: Weekend Reading Nov. 11/9 - 11-11
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 am 

Hi Everyone,

Monday is Veteran's Day if you, your spouse, your parent or relative is a Veteran, please give them a big thank you and hug from me. God Bless our Veterans.

No big plans this weekend, I might take a ride to the assisted living hom to see my aunt. My other aunt is coming home from the hospital today so I want to make time to see her. Otherwise I need to run errands and Sunday will be spent watching football!!!

For some reason I just could not get into the new Julie Anee Long book that everyone seems to love but me. :(
I also finished and enjoyed the latest Lora Leigh book -- Nauti Temptress....all of the Nauti characters are in the book along with a small mention of the August boys.
I'm going to start the new Jill Shalvis book next -- Rescue MY Heart.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Danielle on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Nov. 11/9 - 11-11
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 am 

Hi everyone. I have been AWOL for the past few weeks as a lot has been happening. My son married his long term partner in October and then 3 weeks later they moved from London to north of Southampton so I helped them out with looking after the girls, etc. I am going down to see them again on Tuesday. It will now be double the journey for me. Time to start seriously thinking about moving nearer.
I don't know, reading wise I just haven't been enamoured. The one book I really liked since I was last here was Sarah Morgans A Night Of No Return. I wasn't even grabbed by the follow-up. I read 3 Suzanne Enoch books and I usually like her but nada this time. I am currently reading She Tempts The Duke by Lorraine Heath which I am actually enjoying. I will read the next one in the series - Lord of Temptation - after Sandra Martons The Ruthless Caleb Wilde which I got in the post today (I'll post it to you Monday, Andy lol).
Have a good weekend Ladies.
Sheila

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 am 

Happy weekend! I read Shannon McKenna's One Wrong Move. It was about Alex Aaro and it was very good. I love those Russian men! 8)

This weekend, I have things to do around the house and maybe a little work as well. I was off last Tuesday and Wednesday for my anniversary so I may need to catch up. I am planning to start the new Nauti book Dani, so I'm glad to hear you liked it. So for me it's Nauti Temptress by Lora Leigh.

Sunday night is the game of the weekend...Houston Texans at Chicago Bears. My best friend from high school is married to a HUGE Bears fan, so we're going to their house for a football watching party. I CAN'T WAIT.

Have a great weekend girls, and Happy Veterans Day Monday (my own hubby is a Vet!).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:08 pm 

I will be all by myself this weekend---never happens! Hubby is gone out of town pheasant hunting til Wed. I can be as lazy as I want---yepee! I will be reading and watching football games all weekend with my precious lab dog. The weather is beautiful 70 degrees.

I am reading Reflected in You by Sylvia Day---just started the first page and I think its gonna be a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 pm 

I finally finished Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie/Bob Mayer. I noticed that another reviewer gave it a C- and I agree with that rating. It turned out to be such a slow read for me that I finally finished it - a Halloween read - a week into Nov.

Today I will finish The Orchardist, also started last week. However, I recommend this one, though not a romance and with a bittersweet ending. Still, it will be a book that lingers - in a good way - long after I've finished.

Next up, I am revisiting The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen and I need to get to my next Jack Reacher book Without Fail.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm 

Hello everyone.
I am just breathing a sigh of relief! My legs and feet have been swollen much more than usual the last week or so. Anyway when I was filling my pill reminder case for the week I realized that I was taking the wrong dosage of a medicine- double the amount.I used to split the pills and now that they went generic the doctor prescribed the same dosage instead of half the amount. So soon I hope my swelling will go down.
I plan to stay home with my feet up and read this weekend. Also it should be colder so I plan to make a pot of chili and some cornbread.
I am reading Sleepwalker by Wendy Corsi Staub and like the story a lot.
Maybe I'll start a Christmas romance. Want to DVR and maybe watch some Christmas movies on Lifetime and/or Hallmark.
Have a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 pm 

I'm currently reading Iced by Karen Marie Moning. I had planned on rereading Shadowfever first because I've forgotten a lot. No worries though because KMM does a good job reminding me of what went on. I'm loving this book. After I'm through with that (hopefully by tomorrow), I plan to start Sleep No More by Iris Johansen.

Beyond reading, my plans include ripping up carpeting and cleaning up the hardwood floor beneath it. It's disgusting -- it's really old carpeting and my cats have done a number on it with their jealousy sprays. I intend to get this done by Thanksgiving but it's a huge area I'm working on. My knees are hurting already!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 pm 

Friday - finally! What a week it's been. Tomorrow is the memorial service for my close friend's husband, and DH and I will attend. Other than that, I plan to lay low, read and sleep! I volunteered 20 hours this week at the hospice office, as one of the girls had surgery and is out for awhile.

I finished the ARC of Linda Howard's new book, Running Wild: The Me from Battle Ridge, and it was great. A true romantic suspense - equal parts of each. I started Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis, and as usual, it's excellent. So, good reads this week!

Not much else on the agenda. Football on Sunday means time to get in some stitching I hope.

Everyone have a great weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 am 

Not too much going on this weekend but relaxing as much as possible. I've got monday off because of Rememberance Day and the weather is going to be crappy-cold and rainy-just the perfect day to stay in bed and read.
I picked up Sally MacKenie-Bedding Lord Ned and just started it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 am 

After a Friday from hell, I've re-thought the quote "good help is hard to find" with " Good help may be hard to find, but finding a good boss is TOTAL crap shoot!" :evil:

Anyway it's the weekend and, for me, a weekend of gardening to get my head off my "head totally up his butt" boss!

Reading: Well re-reading the Kristen Ashley Dream Man Series, currently on Wild Man...yum :wink:

Listening: Amaryllis - Shinedown

Thinking: I need to change my ways, 2013, you are now officially MY YEAR! And an extended visit to the states in on the cards! so stand back ladies, I'm on a mission. :mrgreen:

Embracing: My new way of being and kicking arse, not taking numbers and finding my inner Rock Chick attitude....! :twisted: and dancing wildly with my inner demons and their hellhounds!

Theme Song: Smoke a Little Smoke - Eric Church

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 am 

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas
Hex in High Heels by Linda Wisdom
The Hunt by C J Ellison

Happy weekend all!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am 

It is another girls weekend. Scott and Sammy are camping with the Scouts. Rather it be them then me!! Shar, Abby, Maura and me went out to eat last night. Not sure what they have on the agenda for today. It is going to be a nice quiet weekend.
I had my Dr.'s appt yesterday and he is adamant that I lose at least 25 lbs. All my numbers are ok... except the sugar is the one he is worried about. He says it is a bit high. Where the heck did my willpower go??? I have to get myself into the right frame of mind to do this, now. He said I will have to start taking pills if I don't loose the weight. Say prayers I find the willpower to start and do this the right way.

I finished Haven by Kay Hooper and really loved it. I started a little Harlequin Presents Extra "What happens in Vegas.." by Kimberly Lang. I am enjoying it for a quick fluff read. A Southern belle spends one sinful night in Vegas with a gorgeous stranger...
I am a sucker for these kinds of stories.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy reading. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 am 

Just started Pride and Precipitation by Heather Horrocks, it's cute so far, I love an optimistic heroine.
Hubby has Monday off so we have a nice long weekend. Have to get Arnold out as he is giving me dirty looks as we didn't get him out very much this week. It's cold here so we're all bundling up, including Arnold :D he has a doggie coat and booties.
Happy Veteran's day and a big thank you to all our Veterans and active duty too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:10 pm 

Yesterday I did some Christmas shopping in Pittsburgh. Today, I'm recovering. It's getting harder and harder to do the 12 hour marathon shopping each year. My arms and shoulder blades are sore from carrying packages. And my feet just plain hurt.

We did get to visit the Olive Garden. Right now I'm eating leftovers while I'm reading the boards.

I'm almost done with Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James. I like this book so much better than Just the Sexiest Man Alive. Not sure what I'll read next. I'm leaning toward a romantic suspense story.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 pm 

just finished the Boonsboro Inn series by Nora Roberts and have started Lords Fall by Thea Harrison

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:52 pm 

Robin in PA wrote:
Yesterday I did some Christmas shopping in Pittsburgh. Today, I'm recovering. It's getting harder and harder to do the 12 hour marathon shopping each year. My arms and shoulder blades are sore from carrying packages. And my feet just plain hurt.

We did get to visit the Olive Garden. Right now I'm eating leftovers while I'm reading the boards.

I'm almost done with Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James. I like this book so much better than Just the Sexiest Man Alive. Not sure what I'll read next. I'm leaning toward a romantic suspense story.

Where did you shop? At one of the malls? Everyone always goes to Robinson Twp. mall...i hate that one because I always get lost. I can't seem to find my way out. Too much riding around to get to the different stores, confuses my poor brain.

Jelly to hear that you have your shopping done or almost done!!!
I only have two things bought. I better get a move on!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 pm 

PauletteW wrote:
Where did you shop? At one of the malls? Everyone always goes to Robinson Twp. mall...i hate that one because I always get lost. I can't seem to find my way out. Too much riding around to get to the different stores, confuses my poor brain.

Jelly to hear that you have your shopping done or almost done!!!
I only have two things bought. I better get a move on!

We went to Pittsburgh Mills since it is the closest for us. Takes us about an hour and 20 minutes to get there. Used to go to Century III every year, but the Mills is so much closer.

I'm almost done with my shopping except for some stuff on the internet and gift cards. I hate going to the malls after Thanksgiving. Way too many people.