Post subject: Weekend Reading - Nov. 2-4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 am 

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe it's already November. My heart is breaking for everyone on the East Coast. I made my donation to the Red Cross. I've been without power for a few times, but I have never lost everything.

Busy weekend -- Saturday morning I'm going to run around and do errands and later in the day I'm going to visit my aunt in the hospital, on Sunday I'm going to my friend's house to play pinochle!!!!

I'm currently reading A Notorious Countess by Julie Anne Long, it's starting out slow for me. Earlier I read A SEAL At Heart by Anne Elizabeth and enjoyed it and Relentless Pursuit by Adrienne Giordano -- loved it!

Yes, my reading has slowed down....I don't know if it's me or what!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading - Nov. 2-4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am 

Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Just me and the kitties this weekend. DH is working. We went to see Hotel Translyvania last night and stopped off at the Waffle House. It was a real treat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am 

I'm struggling through Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. I won't say (yet) that I don't like it but neither can I say that I do like it. The premise seems silly and I'm having a hard time caring about ... well ... anything.

If I finish Wild Ride this weekend ... which I can, if I make myself ... I plan to pick up either Without Fail - I'm working my way through the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child - or The Orchardist.. (I'm a little concerned about The Orchardist: some reviews mention a less than HEA.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm 

Happy weekend all! I'm so happy that the weekend is here. I have NOTHING on my plate for this weekend for the first time in what seems like months!

I'm planning to finish reading 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz. I have some magazines to read, and my Texans to watch on Sunday.

Tuesday is my 19th wedding anniversary, so my husband and I are going to stay at the Galleria Omni Hotel on Monday night and Tuesday night. We are having a spa/massage day on Tuesday and going to dinner at Brenners on the Bayou Tuesday night.

Have a great weekend ladies!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm 

Hello Ladies! I can finally say I am OUT of my reading slump. I picked up A LADY NEVER LIES by Juliana Gray again and it is absolutely fantastic. It features a hero who is only a "Mister", but what a hero! I am so in love with him and I haven't finished the book yet. It is one of those "I don't want it to end" books. Luckily there are two more books in the series. The time is 1890's and the setting is Tuscany Italy. Just a charming,witty and very, very romantic book. Just what I needed to get the reading vibes going again.

To all of those suffering from the effects of Sandy thoughts and prayers are with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm 

Forgot to add, CONGRATULATIONS Kyle on your wedding anniversary! May you and hubby have many, many more!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:35 pm 

Happy Anniversary Kyle!

Lindy, the Juliana's book sounds good.

I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 pm 

The reading gods are apparently playing a trick on me and the result is a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I finished reading 'New York to Dallas' today and, I hate to say this, had a very difficult time doing so :cry:. It was a very intense and personal outing for Eve and Roarke but at no time did I become caught up in the storyline. Perhaps I have become a bit desensitized reading so many of these types of books and I believe I will take a break from reading altogether for a week (even CR is leaving me cold right now). Hopefully, that will whet my appetite and I can once again enjoy the written word.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend, doing what makes you happy.

HR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 pm 

I was without electricity for almost a week when the effects of a Hurricane came through Cincinnati a few years ago. But for me it was September and warm outside. I can't imagine being cold and dark for a week. I know through another website who lives in lower Manhattan. She's without electricity but she's lucky to have a gas stove she can turn on to heat up dinner or make coffee or tea. She also has water to flush her toilet. She was told not to expect electricity for another couple of days. My prayers with everyone in the affected areas.

I just finished Robyn Carr's My Kind of Christmas today so now I have to decide whether to read Sleep No More by Iris Johansen or Iced by Karen Marie Moning. I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for so I'll probably read a chapter of each and see which grabs me faster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm 

Still slumping!!! However, I started the Linda Howard/Linda Jones ARC over, and now I am getting into it, and it is very good. Hopefully I can make myself sit down and read this weekend. This is my 3rd major slump this year. Have no idea why either. Nothing seems to excite me anymore, and I am not finding a lot of new books that are really hitting the right spot for me.

Tomorrow I will visit dad and do his wash. Other than that, I expect a quiet weekend, watching TV,, reading and maybe stitching too.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Happy anniversary Kyle!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 pm 

Hi everyone. Hope all is getting better with our friends in new Jersey and New York and everyone else who is suffering from the effects of Sandy. I can't believe the damage she has done. Prayers coming for you all.
I just came up from my daughters house... had a blast because it was Sam and Abby's first dance. Sam is a super nerd but some girl told him he was awesome when he did that Korean dance. The one where that Korean guy dances and lassos and jumps side to side. Sam had him down pat. We all laughed so hard. I almost was in tears.
The weekend is going to be a nice quiet one for me. I had to ask Robin to help me out with Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I had to have her help me with the ending. I read the first 111 pages and then skipped the middle and jumped to the end and she told me the in between parts. I hated the characters. I didn't care if they ever were happy. They reminded me of that movie with Liz Taylor called Virginia Wolfe. All they did was pick at each other. Not my cuppa tea, for sure.
I just picked up Haven by Kay Hooper. I know I will love this one. I always read her books fast.
Not sure what will be next... I think a John Sandford book I have from the library.

Happy reading everyone.
Be safe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 am 

FINALLY finished Low Pressure and it took me a whole week! That is not normal for me... why can't I kick this slump? Also my third slump for the year and I am starting to wonder if all the angry posts on fb and all the ugly political ads that have been flying are getting to me. I cant seem to lose myself in any book. I feel so off. Maybe when the elections are over I will get back to normal... :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 am 

wellread wrote:
FINALLY finished Low Pressure and it took me a whole week! That is not normal for me... why can't I kick this slump? Also my third slump for the year and I am starting to wonder if all the angry posts on fb and all the ugly political ads that have been flying are getting to me. I cant seem to lose myself in any book. I feel so off. Maybe when the elections are over I will get back to normal... :?

I feel the same way about the angry and political posts on Facebook and TV.

I still in my slump and can't figure out why!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 am 

wellread wrote:

What did you think of Low Pressure? Is it worth reading?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am 

Happy Anniversary Kyle!!!

Not much going on this weekend. I got an extra hour of sleep and feel really good this morning.

I think I'm finally out of my slump. Early last week I read First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones and absolutely loved it. I'm going to pick up the other books in the series.

After that I read Unspeakable by Sandra Brown. I've never heard many comments about this book, but I really liked it.

Now I'm reading Saving Grace by Julie Garwood. I'm about half-way through it. I love her historical romances.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm 

Danielle wrote:
wellread wrote:

I feel the same way about the angry and political posts on Facebook and TV.

I still in my slump and can't figure out why!!!!!

It is really depressing seeing all the anger around this election. All the TV ads just depress the heck out of me. I just can't wait til it is all over.

Happy Anniversary Kyle. Hope you had a great day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm 

Happy anniversary Kyle.
finally finished a Halloween story.
I am reading Lisa Jackson's you Don't Want to Know but will probably skim through it. I must be jaded but it seems like the same old...I hope there is something really surprising that makes it good. Has anyone read this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 am 

Robin in PA wrote:
wellread wrote:

What did you think of Low Pressure? Is it worth reading?

It was a good read just not great. The story felt as if I had read it before in fact I went back to check the original publishing date to make sure it wasnt a re-release. On a one to ten scale I would give it a 6.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm 

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm 

Hope you had a great anniversary Kylie. :D

I just finished reading The Amorous Education of Miss Celia Seaton, by Miranda Neville, it was very entertaining, it had lots of twists and turns and was really well written. I'm usually quite impatient and if a book doesn't engage me I skip parts, and often read shorter works and novellas, but this one was a good full length book start to finish.