Post subject: Weekend Reading - Oct. 26-28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 am 

Happy Halloween Everyone!

I can't believe it's the end of October already! I'm working on Saturday so Sunday will be spent running around doing errands and watching football.

I really enjoyed Fearless Love by Meg Benjamin and Rev It Up by Julie Anne Walker. I'm going to start the new Sabrina Jeffries book, Twas The Night After Christmas.

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Enjoy Your Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading - Oct. 26-28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am 

I will be finishing "The Ugly Duchess" by Eloisa James this weekend. Not sure what I will pick up next.

Everyone have a nice and safe weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/cissy71727

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am 

I decided to read "Halloween"-type books.

Yesterday I finished Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich - a between-the-numbers book I had missed. I liked it more than the other between-the-numbers books but can't say it falls into the Halloween category.

I started The Radleys - Matt Haig - about a family of vampires. Don't know yet whether or not I'll like it, as I'm only 30 or so pages into it. It looks like a quick read though. Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20447908,00.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:42 am 

Happy Halloweenie!

I too decided to read something "Halloween" themed. I'm reading 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz. After that, I have 2 books called Alice in Zombieland - one is a Lewis Carol rewrite of Alice in Wonderland and the other appears to be a teen horror/romance by Gena Showalter.

Texans are on a bye this weekend so I'll probably be watching some football but I might go look at furniture and I'm DEFINITELY getting a pedicure! We're having a garage sale on Saturday so I'm sure I'll be wiped out the rest of the weekend.

Have a great weekend girls!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm 

Hello Everyone! I am in a major reading slump. I started A LADY NEVER LIES by Juliana Gray two weeks ago. I read about 20 pages, put it down and haven't picked it or any other book up since.

Maybe it is the beautiful fall weather we are having. I just want to be outside. We have "fall festivals" galore in our area. Wish I had time to go to them all.

You know I live in Athens, Ga. the home of the"Bulldawgs" so will be rooting for them on Saturday against the Florida Gators. Hurricane Sandy may have an impact on the game.

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm 

I've been in a bit of a reading slump too.

Somehow I missed Harlan Coben's Stay Close when it came out so I'm going to try it this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dani[/b]

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm 

Another slump reader here too. What is up with us?? I usually read around 12/13 books per month. I've read 3 this month! And only about 4 last month! Right now I am reading (still on my third)The Twelve by Justin Cronin and while it is good and I am enjoying it, I just am reading less and less lately. Given it is the end of the month, and this book is gigantic, I probably won't finish it before the end of the month either. Actually, I do know why I'm reading less. I've become so addicted to Twitter, that I read it continually it seems. Then my husband has had a lot of bad health flare-ups lately, my brother had a stroke & heart attack & has been in hospital in another city so between checking on him and visiting, and taking care of my husband and my elderly mother, my reading has taken a major hit.

This weather this weekend is going to be very cool and rainy, so I hope to curl up on the couch and do some reading.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 pm 

I'm slumping too! I haven't picked up a book all week. Maybe I will work on a stitching project and get caught on on DVR'd shows. I can't even make myself pick up a book! I hate this. It's like the 3rd major slump of the year and my reading is really down for 2012. :cry:

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

I am reading Heart of the Hunter by Lara Adrian as Tina St. John. Its a fantasy. Historical. Paranormal. Shapeshifters abound. Its cold and rainy here. Its a great weekend for reading and sleeping in. I plan to do both.

Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm 

I am slugging through Low Pressure, I mean its good but I also have been slow on picking anything up for long. This will be my 3rd slump for this year and that has never happened to me before. I think what I need is to see something exceptional released soon. I feel I have read all the really great books and good is what I have left... ughhh I sound so spoiled. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am 

I will be busy with caring for my sister who just had a mastectomy Tues. So, I won't get too much accomplished.

I am finishing up Lethal by Sandra Brown. I like it. I am skimming over Bared to You in order to get ready to read Reflected in You.

Tonight, we are going to 2 weddings--friends of our son. It is hard to believe they are only 23 yrs old and getting married. They are still babies!! Of course, I was 23 when I got married and can still say they are babies!

It is much cooler and rainy here in TN. After a week of 80 degree weather, it's going to be colder the whole week. I am making shrimp and sausage gumbo this afternoon, taking some to my sister, and saving the rest for tomorrow when we go see my son at college, playing baseball.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 pm 

The reading slump is spreading. I've only finished 4 books this month. Most of them have been pretty good. I just feel like doing other stuff than reading.

Right now I'm reading Kill and Tell by Linda Howard. It's a good book, but I fall asleep everytime I pick it up. I think I'll watch some stuff on my DVR.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm 

I'm still reading Alchemystic by Anton Strout-I only get to read on Wed & Sat. nights due to working the rest of the week until 11 PM. It's book one in a new series by him & so far so good. We are expecting Hurricane Sandy to hit sometime on Monday & stay until until at least Thurs. before it clears & hopefully we won't lose power here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 pm 

White Lies by Jayne Anne Krentz - it's part of the Arcane series. About half through and it's good so far!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm 

Hello, all. It is Sunday night and I am just sitting back relaxing. I had to work yesterday afternoon and it threw my whole day out of whack. But I enjoyd myself today..great Steeler game (they all looked like bumble bees..old time uniforms) but I did like the socks.
Last night after I got home, I finished reading Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood. I enjoyed it and hope that her next book comes out fast.
I have tried to start Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I don't like the main characters from the get-go. I am going to give it some more time and if I don't like them any better, I will give up on it and maybe pick it up at a later time.
I have a Kay Hooper book and a John Sandford book....not sure which one I will pick up next.

Have a good rest of the weekend and stay dry and safe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm 

It's Monday morning, but I just had to add that I'm in a reading slump, too. This weekend, I read some of The Wives of Bowie Stone by Maggie Osborne. A good oldie, but I kept putting it down. I also started Sierra Falls by Veronica Wolff and have been enjoying it, but ... I guess I'm just in not in much of a reading mood right now.
I did manage to get a lot of errands accomplished and some cleaning done, so I guess that's the upside.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:25 pm 

I started a book last night that I think will get me out of my slump. It's First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. I'm already halfway through it and love it so far. Had to put it down at midnight last night because I had to go to work this morning. Well, ended up being sent home at lunch time because of Hurricane Sandy. Now I have all evening to read...even if I have to use a flashlight.