Post subject: Weekend Reading Oct. 12-14
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am 

TGIF!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good week! Autumn weather has finally come to my area!! Playing pinochle at my house on Saturday and Sunday will be spent running around doing errands. I'll be watching football but hopefully I'll get some reading in.

Well, I did not that I normally do not do.....I DNF a book. I read the new Samantha Grace book -- Miss Lavigne's Little White Lie and really enjoyed it, I'm currently reading A Woman Made For Pleasure by Michelle Sinclair. I'm leading toward a romantic suspense next!

Any plans this weekend? What are you reading?

Have a Good Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I have way way too many books and not enough time to read!?!?*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.shelfari.com/Dani807
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Weekend Reading Oct. 12-14
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 am 

The weekend - yahoo! I have worked every day this week at hospice, with a 5 hour shift coming up yet before I can call it a day. Or a week. Whatever.

Finished Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery, one of my very fave ongoing series. Very good, got me thinking Holidays! Then I started a book Dear Author mentioned awhile back, by new to me author Casey Clifford, Seasons of Wine and Love which so far is pretty good. After I started this book, I forgot I have an ARC of Linda Howard's new book, so that will be up next. She's my favorite author ever - how could I forget?!?

Going to my dad's tomorrow for the day. Hopefully we will get some much needed rain that is in the forecast. Sunday will be a lazy, watching football and cross stitching day for me I hope.

Everyone have a marvelous weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 pm 

Happy weekend all!

I'm reading Run from Fear by Jami Alden right now. I have some band stuff to attend for my son this weekend and otherwise it's working on my house some more. Football on Sunday, and that's about it! Have a great weekend! Go TEXANS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 pm 

Just finished The Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley. This was a cute story with a lot of humor.

I think my next book will be Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I'm anxious to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:37 pm 

I'm driving to Lexington, KY tomorrow for our niece's wedding. I don't want to go but I have to go. I'm taking my Kindle to read in the car on the way to and from. Right now I'm reading Seconds Away the second Mickey Bolitar book by Harlan Coben. It starts exactly where the first book left off. I love it. It's in book for but on my kindle I'm reading the first Dragon Chalice book by Tina St. John (Lara Adrian). I can't remember the name of it -- it has "Heart" in the title. It's good too but I've got 3 books from the library and I have to be done with them by the end of October. I can't renew them because they all have wait lists. Sunday we'll finally get around to celebrating my DH's birthday so it should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 pm 

Hi All,

This weekend I'll be finishing up a new-to-me author...

Rogue by Mark Sullivan (10/12) [Robin Monarch - 1]
International Thriller
Not crazy about the name for the hero, "Robin" ... since I met Robin Scorpio on General Hospital so many years ago, she has owned that name. LOL Sigh. Our hero here is more in the mind of Robin Hood, so hopefully I'll be able to grab hold of that and move on.

Last weekend I read and finished this Georgian series, so posting my ratings if anyone might be interested...

The Legend of the Four Soldiers by Elizabeth Hoyt
1. To Taste Temptation (5/08) (A- Hot)
2. To Seduce a Sinner (11/08) (A- Hot)
3. To Beguile a Beast (5/09) (A Hot)
4. To Desire a Devil (11/09) (A- Hot)

Happy Reading, Everyone.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm 

I am reading The Winter of the World- Ken Follett.
I love it but am reading slowly and it is already 5 days overdue at the library.
It's the second book in a trilogy. There are five families which are the main characters who are American, British, Welsh, Russian, German. The first book covered the early 1900's and World War I. This boo9k is from the mid 1930s to 1950s. I'm up to 1941,October, page 500 something.
This historical novel is 940 pages long.
I'm going to continue reading it now. Get off the computer and read.
Happy weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm 

A Catered Halloween by Isis Crawford. I am really enjoying it.

This weekend will be spent watching Halloween movies and baking lots of sweets. So far I have made pumpkin bars which is a recipe from this book. It is soo good. Banana bread, chocolate covered strawberries, covered marshmallows, and chocolate chip cookies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:39 pm 

Read: The Lost Night by Jayne Castle (was okay but my reading habits have changed in the past month, so I didn't think it was all that!)

Next: Plan to finish Brownies & Broomsticks - Bailey Cates

Listening: The Connection by Papa Roach

Watching: Sons of Anarchy (yes I'm watching a TV program, although the first ep could take me a year to finish :mrgreen: )

Doing:Finish mowing the lawns and mebee some housework.....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:41 pm 

I picked up Criminal again and am reading that and the 3rd book in Jamie Aldens series. Criminal seems to be getting done first.

Nothing much going on this weekend. Just resting and relaxing.

Happy weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:49 am 

gail wrote:
I am reading The Winter of the World- Ken Follett.
I love it but am reading slowly and it is already 5 days overdue at the library.
It's the second book in a trilogy. There are five families which are the main characters who are American, British, Welsh, Russian, German. The first book covered the early 1900's and World War I. This boo9k is from the mid 1930s to 1950s. I'm up to 1941,October, page 500 something.
This historical novel is 940 pages long.
I'm going to continue reading it now. Get off the computer and read.
Happy weekend.

Hi Gail~ "World Without End" by K. Follett was made into a movie being played on the REELZ channel in Oct. Have you ever read "Pillars of the Earth" by Follett? I'm looking forward to watching this next TV adaptation of the book. I did enjoy POTE when it first was shown.
Never read the Century series of books though yet. Glad to hear you're liking them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 pm 

going to read a new author for me Clean by Alex Hughes. Hopefully it will be a good read-was off today & will be off tomorrow as well so I might be able to finish the book.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 am 

Cigi004- I don't know anything about REELZ but am not interested in a TV adaptation. I did see some of it when it was on cable last year or so and didn't like it. No I never completely read Pillars... DNF-just didn't care.
I have 30 pages to finish in Winter of the World which I will do tonight and return to the library tomorrow. I give it a 5.0 rating.Just monumental.
It will be hard to read another book after this. I do have a Wendi Corsi Staub book to finish. I'm also thinking maybe a Christmas romance.