Post subject: Weekend reading 7-7 to 7-10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:16 pm 

Sorry this is late my system was down!! Starting this for Danielle because she is on vacation and meeting Teri P tonight!!! Wish I could be there!!!

Not doing much this weekend just trying to stay cool!! I finished Thea Harrison's new book Storm's Heart and loved it!! Also read Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh that also was very good.

Right now I am starting Primal Bounds by Jennifer Ashley. Not sure what I'll start next.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

s

http://www.shelfari.com/o1517894379/shelf
http://ladiesofleisurelovebooks.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: Weekend reading 7-7 to 7-10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:57 pm 

Started Shanna by Woodiwiss. We're supposed to get huge dumps of rain the next few days. I guess that makes it perfect reading weather.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 pm 

Am on book two of the My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking and just started Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm 

I'm reading Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh. She gave my book club an ARC of Archangel's Blade and I'm trying to get the other books read before it comes to me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am 

I'm going to Dallas to see my best friend and Godkids this weekend so I probably won't have much time to read. That said I am planning to reread the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, Fall from Grace by LaUra Leone and the Chesepeak Bay/Quinn Brothers series by Nora Roberts.

I just finished the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews and if I can't find something great to hold my interest soon I will probably go into a reading slump.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 am 

Debra V wrote:
Also read Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh that also was very good.

Oh Man! am I PEA GREEN.... :mrgreen:

Well I'll be finishing NS Kiss of Snow and then onto Heartless - Gail Carringer.

Tomorrow I am having a baking day - Clinker Cheesecake, Clinker Cupcakes

And veggie pasties, just to make the day Healthy! :mrgreen:

Have a productive one! whatever you are doing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:06 am 

Hi All,

I'm reading "Shameless" the 4th book in The House of Rohan Series by Anne Stuart (7/11), set in 1842, Victorian London. Very good so far and will be going on my Dark Romances list.

Cover Image From Barnes and Noble

Here's a link to Kathe Robin's 4-1/2 Stars Review

On the matter of new books...

I have spent the better part of this week and last week out-and-about searching without success for these June 28th releases. I despise Walmart and Kmart for not getting these books on the shelves, and the same for Walgreen's and Albertson's.

"Silk is for Seduction" by Loretta Chase (7/11)
"Waking Up With the Duke" by Lorraine Heath (7/11)

I can say that Albertson's had the only copies in town of "A Lady's Lesson in Scandal" by Meredith Duran (7/11). But the Art Department did no good service for her with that dark and dreary cover. I passed over it at least five times before it caught my eye on the shelf, and only then because it was placed above the delightful shades of apricot on the cover of "How to Seduce a Scoundrel" by Vicky Dreiling (7/11).

Okay. Enough of my b****in' and moanin'. Y'all have a good one!

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:19 am 

Happy weekend everyone! I am going to be really busy this weekend. Need to work and lots of home projects now that swim team is over. I finally finished Two to Tango last night, which was just "ok" to me. Lauren Dane's book was the best of the bunch. After that, I started a short story by Bella Andre that I downloaded to my Nook called Candy Store. I expect I'll finish it tonight and in between all my weekend projects, I'll probably finish a couple of magazines I need to catch up on.

I don't know what I'll start after that, but maybe I'll finish Lori Foster's 2 Men of Honor books next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:39 am 

Last night I started Ruthless by Anne Stuart.

I just back from my vacation. Two weeks in Alaska and wonderful cool weather. Now back to steamy hot Georgia.

I took the new Julia Quinn with me on vacation was too busy to read. Guess that is a sign of a good one.

Happy reading and have a good weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:50 am 

I'm reading "Heartbreak Creek" by Kaki Warner.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Dani

"Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." Samuel Butler, English poet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm 

I just finished reading Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas for the summer challenge. I'm starting Scandalous by Jenna Petersen, also for the summer challenge.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 pm 

Hi & Happy Weekend All!

I haven't had much time for reading this week. Not sure where the time goes. I am reading Shameless by Anne Stuart.

http://www.shelfari.com/cissy71727

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:22 pm 

Work didn't cooperate today and I'm not overly optimistic for the rest of the weekend but around here you never know.
I plan to finish Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - less than 100 pages to go. I have a library ebook download and have the next 2 downloaded as well. I'm nto sure if I'll continue right away or fit in a couple of shorter/ligther reads - Brenda Minton's newest Love Inspired and a Lucy Monroe Harlequin Presents or a Harlequin Blaze. I guess I'll save the Blaze for after wrok/before bed just in case it's a really hot one!

I went way overboard at the library(ies) the past few weeks so I have a lot to pick from plus my tbr calling me.

I don't think any of my planned reads for the weekend fit any of the summer challenges but I have plenty of time..just sorta going with what fits my mood right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 pm 

I'm reading More Than a Mistress by Mary Balogh. Last week I read the second book in the series, No Man's Mistress, so I wanted to read this one while the other was still fresh in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:29 pm 

Hello everyone and happy weekend. I have Now You See Her from the library to read. Read about 50 pages and just don't care. It could be my mood. All I want to read are category romances especially Harl. Med. Rom. Gail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 pm 

Nothing much going on this weekend. I finished up Storm Prey by John Sandford and was a little disappointed in it. I have Buried Prey from the library and hope it is better. I am reading Tomb With A View by Casey Daniels for the summer reading list and hope to start Buried Prey next.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm 

Happy weekend everyone! Dani and her husband John have been here. It was so much fun to finally meet her, and we had plenty to talk about too.

Now that they have moved on to the Mississippi River for a few days, I have started reading Can't Hurry Love by Christie Ridgway. It's a wonderful book, and the end of this series. So I hope she has a new one in the works, because her books are always excellent.

Not sure what is up next, probably the new Susan Andersen. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend!

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518002717

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm 

I finished Candy Shop by Bella Andre last night and went ahead and started Trace of Fever by Lori Foster. So far...hmmm...not one of my favs by Lori. I loved When You Dare but Priss and Trace both seem like dummies....but I'm only like 3 chapters in...so I'm giving them plenty of time!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:07 pm 

Let's see, I finished Vampire Interrupted by Lynsay Sands and just started Heart of Evil by Heather Graham. It's the second book in the Krewe mysteries.

Janie, if you read this, I was interested in your A+ rating for Shameless. I enjoyed that book a lot but the heroine did a lot of stuff that put her in the TSTL category for me. Hence, I gave it a Very Good which would compute to a B if I graded that way.

Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Fill your glass again, with a merry face and contented heart. Our life on it, but your Christmas shall be merry, and your new year a happy one! -- Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm 

Linda7849 wrote:
Janie, if you read this, I was interested in your A+ rating for Shameless. I enjoyed that book a lot but the heroine did a lot of stuff that put her in the TSTL category for me. Hence, I gave it a Very Good which would compute to a B if I graded that way.

Linda, that's an A- and I did waver over that or a B or B+ ... before going with the higher rating. I can see myself doing a re-read sometime just to observe Benedick fall in love despite being terrified at the same time.

One of my favorite scenes in awhile was when Dorothea Pennington showed up at Rohan's home to discuss what-shall-remain-secret-here.

Melisande gave me the most problems when she had to depend on the Soiled Doves to provide her with jewels and clothing before she could appear at a society function. She's got more money than she knows what to do with but has so stripped herself down as a woman that she's practically invisible at the beginning of the book.

Hidden Spoiler, Highlight With Mouse to Reveal
I'm blanking out on TSTL moments for Melisande, other than when she took off on her own to rescue Betsey. But, I did understand why she was too humiliated to seek out Benedick to go with her, after his throwing her out of his bed and life, practically.

Their quick up-against-the-wall after he found her naked, covered in grapes and tied down was almost in that category for me, except I bought it that she had to have some relief after being violated by the Heavenly Host creeps.

End Spoiler.

I noticed that you and I both enjoyed it more than the AAR Reviewer who gave it a C+ Hot which I thought was harsh. Different Strokes.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.