Post subject: Tattoo Cat on Heroine
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:41 am 

Hi All,

I posted a Tattoo theme list down the board on the new Theme Spotlight Board but had this description down without a title or author, does it ring a bell for anyone?

An old historical romance in which the heroine has a tattoo of an exotic cat from her left upper arm - across her back - to her right leg. If my memory is correct, the heroine was forcibly tattooed to mark her as a bridal property of some villain. Although she was rescued before she was handed over to the villain, the tattoo remains a mark of shame for her. The hero's reaction is quite memorable.

--Janie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:37 am 

This sounds very interesting. I hope someone remembers it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:02 pm 

I am reasonably sure the book you are looking for is "Everything I Ever Wanted" by Jo Goodman, this is the 2nd of 4 books in her Compass Club Series.

"Bestselling author Jo Goodman weaves breathless sensuality, colorful history, and a dash of suspense into her captivating new quartet featuring the daring gentlemen of the Compass Club. Now follow Matthew Forrester, Earl of Southerton—otherwise known as South—as he uncovers a trail of murder and treachery that leads straight into the arms of love.

The toast of Drury Lane, actress India Parr has claimed the attention of London’s most impressive gentlemen—including the Prince Regent himself—with her talent and poise. Though her heart hasn’t been won, she is intrigued by the devilishly handsome South—yet equally determined to keep him from the dark, deadly secret that shadows her private life.

But South has other plans. A clever killer is afoot in London and he suspects India may be involved. Her charms have made her the confidante of many powerful men, and South intends to learn just how much she knows—by spiriting her away to a cottage where she will be safe from peril—but not from South’s powers of seduction. Now, night after night, in the name of justice, he plans to persuade India to reveal all…"

Post subject: Not "Everything I Ever Wanted"
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:51 pm 

Hi Deb,

Thanks for trying to help me on this one. Sorry to say that it's not India Parr, the Drury Lane actress in "Everything I Ever Wanted" by Jo Goodman (3/03). I read that one when it first came out but I didn't recall specifics until I pulled my copy tonight.

I put this in the Hidden Spoiler mode because it's such an intense moment when it's revealed. I hope if anyone hasn't read it yet they will refrain from highlighting this Spoiler and let the story unfold as it goes.

Here's what she keeps hidden... <B>Spoiler: </B>
Page 311: Margrave had indeed made India's slender torso the trellis for his pale pink roses. The thorny vine climbed from between the shadowed juncture of her thighs, across her groin and left hip, then delicately upward along the inner curve of her waist until it ended at the underside of her breast. Each small leaf along the path was like an emerald embedded in her flesh. So perfectly realized were they that they seemed to flutter as if caught in a light breeze.<b>End Spoiler.</b>

It's a fine series that I highly recommend to all. In fact, I may just do a complete re-read on them since I have them handy right now.

Compass Club Series by Jo Goodman - Regency:
1. Let Me be the One (9/02)
2. Everything I Ever Wanted (3/03)
3. All I Ever Needed (10/03)
4. Beyond a Wicked Kiss (8/04)

--Janie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:25 pm 

I have books 2 and 3 of the compass club series - is it important to read the m in order?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:09 am 

willaful wrote:
I have books 2 and 3 of the compass club series - is it important to read them in order?

Willa, I read them in the order they came out so it's hard for me to say for sure. The series is unique in that all of the books take place during the same time frame but looking at events through the eyes of the different hero's and heroine's. And then on top of that, they all have their own specific problems to deal with which overlap each other.

I'm thinking that the last book in the series really does need to be read last, but it might be okay to read books two and three respectively since you've not found the first one yet.

Unless someone else has a better memory on things, you might try the two books you have and see if you feel like you're missing a lot.

Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.

--Janie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 am 

Janie do you remember anything else about this book? Plot?

Jenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 am 

Jenny wrote:
Janie do you remember anything else about this book? Plot?

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

This isn't a book that I've read (but I'd like to) ... not remembering where the description came from at this late date, guessing it was here on Book Sleuth.

I have these same details in blue at the beginning of my Tattoo themes list on the Themes board. Hopefully, someday someone will see it and share the answer with us. :)

--Janie

Post subject: Re: Tattoo Cat on Heroine
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm 

Janie,

a reader on Amazon's message board suggests

INSATIABLE by Virginia Henley.

She says: " V. Iampietro says:
Could it be...... Insatiable by Virginia Henley? The storyline doesn't really fit that much but the heroine has a cat tattooed on her back. Her name is Catherine and the hero dreams of her."

I hope this is it!

Jenny :)

Post subject: Re: Tattoo Cat on Heroine
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:01 pm 

Any other books that fit this theme? Was it solved?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeliasArmoire ... p_redirect

"You have more books than a library" -my nephew.