Post subject: Pizza delivery girl gets sex, triplets, no tip
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:43 pm 

Hello. I am hoping someone on these boards will recognize this book. I read it about five years ago, but it was an old book at the time. I am thinking maybe one of those Candlelight romances. It was a contemporary.

The h is a young college student who works delivering pizza. She makes a delivery where the man is drunk because of some disaster or other in his life. I think his nephew ordered the pizza or something like that, but the H thinks she's there for him. Although the author never really comes out and says so, you get the impression that the H basically rapes her. When he sobers up and realizes what he has done, (she was a virgin and he remembers that, so she couldn't be the woman he thought she was) he hires private detectives to find her. Naturally he is older and wealthy so he can do this. She has dropped out of school and disappeared. When he finally finds her more than a year later, she has given birth to triplets, his children, and is struggling and in poor health. He marries her and then the relationship developes and they have an HEA.

For some reason this book is just stuck in my mind lately. I want to reread it.

Thanks for any help.

edited to say that it was definitely a series romance of some kind, not a novel

Last edited by Brina on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:30 pm 

Sounds interesting, if somewhat disturbing. There is a post somewhere in here about heros raping heroines. You could maybe take a look and see if any of those titles jogged your memory at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:47 am 

I checked any threads that i thought might help and didn't find anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:49 pm 

I hope you find your book but I have to say that that is a horrible plot :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:15 pm 

I know. But it is like one of those elevator songs that get stuck in your head. If I find the book I'll get it OUT of my head. And see if it's really the way I remember. I don't even know what suddenly brought it back into my memory.

As I recall, and this could be shaky, the book opens with the detective reporting that he has found her. There is just a brief reference to how they "met", and then it's ignored for the rest of the book, never addressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:38 pm 

This one really has my attention. Do you remember anything that might be on the book blurb? A name, a significant word? What about the publisher or the year? I can search fictiondb, but I'm not turning up much by just searching "triplets" and that might not even be in the description.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:30 pm 

I just remember that it was an "old" series romance i picked up at a clearance sale at a UBS about 5 years ago. It could have been an old Silhouette romance or maybe a Candlelight. I remember it as that size, not like a Special Edition or a Superromance or one of those series that are thicker. I think the blurb was generic, nothing distinctive to this plot. This could be completely wrong, but the names Steve and Jason come to me. Not sure how helpful that is since the H wouldn't be named both of those.

I figured my only hope was someone seeing this who had read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 pm 

I know this topic is old, but the book sounds interesting. Wondering if anyone is close to finding the title?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 am 

No tip?! Talk about the pizza delivery from hell!

I just love your subject line: "Pizza Delivery girl gets sex, triplets and no tip" - I can't stop laughing.

Seriously, though, how does an author make an HEA out of that scenario? Not to mention, make the hero likeable?

It does sound like an old Candlelight (what was their spicier series, Candlelight Ecstasy). I hope you find it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:40 pm 

Maryann J wrote:

I just love your subject line: "Pizza Delivery girl gets sex, triplets and no tip" - I can't stop laughing.!

I agree! It certainly makes one want to stop and read...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 pm 

I never found this book. Never had any responses at any of the places I posted it. I still live in hope of falling over it some day when I least expect it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:46 am 

Hi Brina,
Have you tried posting your books search on AMAZON ROMANCE COMMUNITY?
They're really good at finding old books. Maybe they can help you. I hope you find this book because I want to read it too. Good Luck and Please let us know the title and author when you find out. Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 pm 

sonni wrote:
Hi Brina,
Have you tried posting your books search on AMAZON ROMANCE COMMUNITY?
They're really good at finding old books. Maybe they can help you. I hope you find this book because I want to read it too. Good Luck and Please let us know the title and author when you find out. Thanks :)

I tried to post something of my own, since I am searching in vain for a Regency romance that I read years ago. Unfortunately, I was not able to post anything since apparently only customers of Amazon can post on their forums. It was a great suggestion though. I'll try again if I ever order anything from Amazon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:49 pm 

I am sure someone here could post the query for you. I will try to remember to do so in the next few days, but if someone else has time, please feel free!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:48 pm 

Maybe...

IMPETUOUS SURROGATE by Alice Morgan - 1982

He was a playboy tycoon -- a sharp, ruthless womanizer who made it his business to hire a woman to bear his heir--so no one could tie him down for good.

Dee Ann Wagner didn't meet Derek Howell until she awoke in his bed with only a shaming memory of drunkenness and desire! Only a day before she had been a woman of independent means and mind. How had she suddenly been reduced to Derek's plaything, hungering for his burning caresses, the kisses she couldn't forget? She had to escape, to find satisfaction beyond this abyss of raging passion. Perhaps she could have it all-and hope for more--by secretly bearing his child....

Take a look at the cover here:

http://www.fictiondb.com/author/alice-m ... 5421~b.htm

P.S. Do you remember anything else? Cover?

Jenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm 

I posted your book search here:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/romance/forum ... tagsDetail

and here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/harlequinpresentsfans/

Hope someone recognizes it.

Jenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm 

Thanks for the help everyone!

The Morgan book is not the one.

I remember it as very vague in the book as to how she arrived to deliver a pizza and left pregnant. I remember no indication that she was even there very long. That's why I had questions as to how this sex occurred in the first place, about it not being a mutual decision.

When the investigator finds her she is sick and worn down from giving birth and trying to care for three babies alone. She didn't have enough money to feed them and herself too and was really desperate.

That specific cover does not tweak my memory. I do think it was a Candlelight book and not a Harlequin/Silhouette one. I read a lot of Candlelights back then that I found at a UBS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 am 

http://www.fictiondb.com/series/candlel ... ~14007.htm

http://www.fictiondb.com/series/candlel ... ~14008.htm

http://www.fictiondb.com/series/candlel ... ~14016.htm

list of some candlelight ecstacys, supremes, and regular romances

maybe a title or author will jog your memory. or if you have time, read
the summaries?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:39 am 

there's one called triple threat by eleanor woods but no summary--argh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:07 am 

Ju wrote:
there's one called triple threat by eleanor woods but no summary--argh!!!

<font color=black>I came across this little note on an Abebooks offer on Triple Threat by Eleanor Woods:

There was no love lost between Jordan and Rand. Rand's ex-wife was shot in a hold-up. Jordan was astonished that Rand cared.

--Janie</font color>

So many books, so little time.