Post subject: driving nuts, missing title girl betrothed but attracted to
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 am 

Hi read this historical a few months in 2013 first quarter. it was an e book.where girl already engaged to an earl. But a duke becomes attracted to her and tried convincing her to break off. She keeps resisting. They meet at some exhibit where he pulls her in a dark corner where he makes love to her hoping she will realize she is attracted to duke and demands she break betrothal to the earl; when she refuses ; they are almost discovered .Duke realizes with only a few days left for her wedding to the earl only way to make her break the betrothal is to compromise her. Duke invites her to a party arranged at his country state or home where he arranges for his mother to discover them in a compromising position. Just before the set up scene the h walks in on the earl abusing a maid sexually (i recall he was beating her buttocks with a whip or stick. and the earl tries to attack girl too so she is compromised and forced to marry earl for money i think. but duke comes to rescue and marries girl next morning. i have searched the net and gone through hundreds of blurbs but still cant find please help. tia

Post subject: Re: driving nuts, missing title girl betrothed but attracted
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:22 am 

I have never read the book, but Desperate Duchess by Eloisa James has a similar plot

Post subject: Re: driving nuts, missing title girl betrothed but attracted
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 pm 

Thanks but not eloisa james i have read that thanks.