Post subject: time travel and exchange of bodies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:16 pm 

Am looking for time travel and exchange of bodies romance. Can be historical or western or erotica doesnt matter.

I read a regency and loved it. Course the modern heroine died but she ended up in a really nasty evil woman's body. It took a long time before it turned around. Her husbad hated her but the little girl loved her.

Any recommendations? I've tried amazon searches but apparently im not using the right words.

Totally bored....

Post subject: Re: time travel and exchange of bodies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm 

Hi Randi,

Haven't read many of these, here are a couple I recall.

1888, Newport, Rhode Island - Victorian

When There Is Hope by Jane Goodger (6/96)

CAN LOVE BE A LIFETIME AWAY?

Waking up after an accident, the last thing Susan Butler remembered was living in the 1990s, happily married and joyously expecting her first child. Now, suddenly, inexplicably, she is Margaret Johnsbury, the year is 1888, and she is about to find out she is detested not only by her handsome husband, Carter, but by the entire town of Newport.

Learning to live in 19th century Newport's rigid Victorian society is only the first of "Maggie's" challenges. Far more difficult is winning the trust of Carter, the sexy, volatile strange who so grudgingly shares her home. But just when it seems Maggie will regain all the joy she possessed in her old life, a devastating secret surfaces to shatter her world to pieces. Now she must fight, not only for the heart of the man she has fallen desperately in love with, but for her very life.

1885, Victorian England

Awaken, My Love by Robin Schone (7/95)

BEYOND THE DREAM

Trapped in a passionless marriage, computer analyst Elaine Metcliffe awakens one morning to find herself in a stranger's bed. Some incomprehensible magic has transported her to another time and place, and cast her in the body of another man's wife...destined for a sensuous adventure beyond her wildest dreams.

Embraced by Charles Mortimer, a handsome, hot-blooded English baron bent on seduction, Elaine craves the exquisite passion of his eager touch. But even as their souls unite in irrepressible desire, dark sorcery threatens to destroy their magnificent union...unless a dangerous tide of secrets and treachery can be conquered by the power of a love that knows no boundaries.

--Janie

So many books, so little time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 pm 

Randi, I've always liked this theme, but I'm having a hard time remembering the titles of the books I've read.

One I read way back in High School was The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser. A young woman goes back in time and takes over the body of her grandmother. The grandmother goes forward and takes her granddaughter's place. This premise was very unique at the time I read the book.

Tina Wainscott wrote two books where the heroine's switched bodies. They were On the Way to Heaven and Shades of Heaven. The first book has the heroine killed in a car crash. She is put in the body of a woman who just had a fatal stroke or aneurysm. The second book is about the woman who had the stroke and what happened to her. After reading the first book, I didn't know if I wanted to read the second because the woman was a b!tch, but it turned out to be a good book.

One of my favorites was Kristin Hannah's Once in Every Life. Great book which also has a tortured hero.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 pm 

P. C. Cast did two that I know of. The Goddess of Spring and The Goddess of Sea. The latter, I'm not sure if the bodies was exchange or not, can't remember since its been a while since I read it. The first is definitely exchanged bodies story.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:24 pm 

We had a post on this a while ago...I'll see if I can find it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:25 pm 

Janie wrote:
Hi Randi,

Haven't read many of these, here are a couple I recall.

1888, Newport, Rhode Island - Victorian

When There Is Hope by Jane Goodger (6/96)

CAN LOVE BE A LIFETIME AWAY?

Waking up after an accident, the last thing Susan Butler remembered was living in the 1990s, happily married and joyously expecting her first child. Now, suddenly, inexplicably, she is Margaret Johnsbury, the year is 1888, and she is about to find out she is detested not only by her handsome husband, Carter, but by the entire town of Newport.

Learning to live in 19th century Newport's rigid Victorian society is only the first of "Maggie's" challenges. Far more difficult is winning the trust of Carter, the sexy, volatile strange who so grudgingly shares her home. But just when it seems Maggie will regain all the joy she possessed in her old life, a devastating secret surfaces to shatter her world to pieces. Now she must fight, not only for the heart of the man she has fallen desperately in love with, but for her very life.

1885, Victorian England

[

GREAT REC JANIE, One of my favourites. I am regretting I got rid of that one when I moved...but I thought it'd come to Kindle and has yet to

Also ONCE IN EVERY LIFE by Kristin Hannah is worth reading, too

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:26 pm 

There two posts have some suggestions:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30011&p=285299&hilit=once+in+every+life+when+there+is+hope#p285299

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17873&hilit=once+in+every+life+when+there+is+hope

May help...