Post subject: seeking contemporary series title SOLVED
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:46 pm 

I am looking for a contemporary series novel in which the heroine is the widow of a farmer. She is trying to make a go of a rundown farm left by her husband. The opening scene of the novel has the heroine trying to make money by running a farmstand near her home. She is attacked by an unpleasant customer and the hero comes to her rescue. The hero and his family try to help her make a success of her farm and I remember a scene where the hero takes her to a local market to sell her goods. Please help if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Last edited by hollymax on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: seeking contemporary series title
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:45 pm 

This sounds like a Judy Christenberry book I read. Can't think of the title though.

Lorrie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 pm 

Found the title: Beauty and the Beastly Rancher by Judy Christenberry. Here's the synopsis:

Like her very own knight in shining armor, rancher Joe Crawford emerged from the mist to rescue Anna Pointer from a desperate situation. Widowed and raising two children alone, Anna could not refuse Joe's offer of assistance, though she was determined to ignore her attraction for the wealthy bachelor.

A man of few words, Joe had always kept to himself. But Anna claimed to see beyond his beastly demeanor, giving this solitary man hope that a happily-ever-after was within his grasp ... if only he dared to risk all that he was and become the prince this beauty believed him to be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:45 am 

That sounds like it!! Now to get a copy and reread it. Thanks so much. I have been looking for that title for well over a year.