Post subject: book from 80s or early 90s
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 am 

I read this book in the late 80's or 1990 and it wasn't too old (at least the copy I had). actually I never really read cover to cover but would like to now.

all I remember is the woman has a son (who's luckily out of the house during certain scenes!).she's a widow. the hero comes in her house and she panics and tosses a hot liquid on him - either water, coffee or maybe soup - but think it's water..leads to a hot scene and he's a little rough with the language about has someone been keeping her happy, etc

she ends up preggers but hero has been 'fixed' (or so he thinks) and doesn't believe her and is mean about it.

I'm thinking this was by a fairly popular author at the time - parts reminded me of some of Sandra Brown's heroes but this wasn't a harlequin type book - regular novel size from what I remember and dont' remember a picture on the cover seems like it was sort of plain but cold be wrong.

Post subject: Re: book from 80s or early 90s
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:36 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am 

quilt938 wrote:
I read this book in the late 80's or 1990 and it wasn't too old (at least the copy I had). actually I never really read cover to cover but would like to now.

all I remember is the woman has a son (who's luckily out of the house during certain scenes!).she's a widow. the hero comes in her house and she panics and tosses a hot liquid on him - either water, coffee or maybe soup - but think it's water..leads to a hot scene and he's a little rough with the language about has someone been keeping her happy, etc

she ends up preggers but hero has been 'fixed' (or so he thinks) and doesn't believe her and is mean about it.

I'm thinking this was by a fairly popular author at the time - parts reminded me of some of Sandra Brown's heroes but this wasn't a harlequin type book - regular novel size from what I remember and dont' remember a picture on the cover seems like it was sort of plain but cold be wrong.

Maybe this list that Jenny has might have the book you're looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8524&hilit=is+it+mine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:07 am 

thanks - not recognizing it but will look them up.