Post subject: Solved! When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 pm 

Heroines father arranges for her to marry doctor. He's slightly disabled with a limp from some previous injury. He runs a hospital from his castle and takes in all patients no matter their inability to pay. His brother is also a doctor, I think. His mother and father are estranged, and when he was younger, his mother took him to France where he lived for many years with her. About 2/3 of the way thru book, some patients come down with disease. Hero makes heroine leave, unaware she has also been stricken. He eventually finds her, very near death, in some chicken coop, put there by a couple who run a posting inn. Anyone recognize this plot?

Last edited by Njoy21 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Historical romance involving arranged marriage w/doctor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 pm 

Njoy21 wrote:
Heroines father arranges for her to marry doctor. He's slightly disabled with a limp from some previous injury. He runs a hospital from his castle and takes in all patients no matter their inability to pay. His brother is also a doctor, I think. His mother and father are estranged, and when he was younger, his mother took him to France where he lived for many years with her. About 2/3 of the way thru book, some patients come down with disease. Hero makes heroine leave, unaware she has also been stricken. He eventually finds her, very near death, in some chicken coop, put there by a couple who run a posting inn. Anyone recognize this plot?

I know I read this book not too long ago. I remember the heroine becoming sick after she left the castle and the couple at the inn putting her in the chicken coop. I think it might be When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James.