Post subject: werewolf lead band member finds mate
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am 

I found this on another site and it sounds like my cup of tea. Can anyon identify it?

Hopefully someone can help me with this it's been driving me crazy, not that would be hard to do LOL I remember the first part of the book ,(werewolf lead band member finds
mate after she goes to his house, his band members are have a party when she see's them having a party she goes back out to her car but the leader follows her out and brings her back to the house I think she's there for some kind of interview) Thanks for the help

You can find the original post here if you'd like to answer it yourself:
http://www.whatsthatbook.com/index.php?xq=11907

Post subject: Re: werewolf lead band member finds mate
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm 

This sounds very familiar, but I can't quite place it. Maybe one of Lori Handeland's books?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 pm 

Miranda731 wrote:
This sounds very familiar, but I can't quite place it. Maybe one of Lori Handeland's books?

It sounds familiar to me as well, but I don't believe it was Lori Handeland. Her nightcreatures books are about werewolves being created by Nazi scientists & a band of werewolve hunters trying to hunt down murderous nightcreatures who survived and are now slaughtering humans and jeopardizing the werewolves' secrecy.

The book I'm thinking about involved a werewolf band (some if not all were actual brothers) called The Howlers whose lead singer "smelled" his mate in the audience (human, of course.) I think there was a second one involving one of the other bandmembers. Maybe in an anthology? I thought maybe it was an Elloras Cave book, but I'm not sure of that. Hope this will jog someone's memory, because this is going to drive me nuts until someone solves it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 pm 

Found it! Elizabeth Lapthorne - The Mating Game (Rutledge Werewolves, Book Three)

"This story's plot was so similar to those of book one and two, it's uncanny .... werewolf meets mate while playing on stage with band, The Howlers, "

There's more but I cut it out due to spoilers.

Actually the book the OP is looking for is Scent of Passion, Book One but Book Three popped up with my description.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm 

LindaG wrote:
Found it! Elizabeth Lapthorne

Yep, Ellora's Cave published those 10 years or so ago. I read the 2nd one: Hide & Seek in a 2-author anthology titled MAN OF HER DREAMS with this one and one of the Lunewolf stories by Lorie O'Clare. The first three or four are about the Rutledge brothers (who are THE HOWLERS) and I believe the first three all involve "scenting" their mates while playing with their band. The books are a little tricky because some of them came out as short stories in other works & then were republished in stand alone books (still short, though) and again in another anthology release. The stories are as follows:
1 "Scent of Passion", 2 "Hide & Seek", 3 "The Mating Game" (I think was originally in an anthology "Wolf's Passion"...but I'm not sure of that,) 4 "My Heart's Passion", and 5 & 6 were short stories (about female Rutledge's) called "Chasing Love" & "Twin Temptations" and were released again in 1-volume called "Wolf's Temptation."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:45 am 

LindaG wrote:
Found it! Elizabeth Lapthorne - The Mating Game (Rutledge Werewolves, Book Three)

"This story's plot was so similar to those of book one and two, it's uncanny .... werewolf meets mate while playing on stage with band, The Howlers, "

There's more but I cut it out due to spoilers.

Actually the book the OP is looking for is Scent of Passion, Book One but Book Three popped up with my description.

I posted your answer to the OP for you LindaG. Hopefully we hear a response. Unfortunatley that website doesn't notify you when your query gets a response :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm 

Hi Thanks for the help but its not Elizabeth Lapthorne -Rutledge Werewolves series I checked them out. This book was the start of a series, I remember a little bit more in one part the second alpha stops her in a hallway and talks to her, also the lead alpha writes the herione a song at the end, I think the song title is part of the book title. I wish I could remember more Thanks Again