Post subject: Re: Romantic Suspense, need author and title
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm 

Daisymau wrote:
I thought the same thing about contacting the author, but there's been a couple of times where the author doesn't remember things in the books they write.

Hopefully someone has a copy of Whirlwind Courtship and can check to see if these scenes are in the book.

Daisymau--I was certain that I had read 'Whirlwind Courtship' and it did not match romrdr85's synopsis at all. Upon further investigation, however, I have realized that the book I read was 'Stormy Courtship' by JoAnn Ross--no wonder there was no similarity! So, I am back to scratching my head on this one...

HR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 pm 

Daisymau wrote:

I thought the same thing about contacting the author, but there's been a couple of times where the author doesn't remember things in the books they write.

Hopefully someone has a copy of Whirlwind Courtship and can check to see if these scenes are in the book.

I have a copy of Whirlwind Courtship. I'll read through tonight and see if the book matches what the OP is looking for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 am 

Sarah G wrote:
Daisymau wrote:

I have a copy of Whirlwind Courtship. I'll read through tonight and see if the book matches what the OP is looking for.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm 

I don't think Whirlwind Courtship the book the OP is looking for.

In this book, the heroine Phoebe is kidnapped by two men. Her car breaks down while she's on a mountain and they offer to give her a ride. Instead they kidnap her and take her to a cabin in the woods. Before they can attack her, Phoebe escapes by throwing boiling hot water on one of them and flees. This happens before the book starts. There are no hairdryers or hospital trips either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:28 pm 

Sarah G wrote:

In this book, the heroine Phoebe is kidnapped by two men. Her car breaks down while she's on a mountain and they offer to give her a ride. Instead they kidnap her and take her to a cabin in the woods. Before they can attack her, Phoebe escapes by throwing boiling hot water on one of them and flees. This happens before the book starts. There are no hairdryers or hospital trips either.

Thank you for looking. Hopefully the OP will come back and verify if Storm Warning is the book she's looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 pm 

Sarah G wrote:

Sarah--I agree, although it does sound like a heck of a read.

HR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 pm 

Daisymau wrote:
Thank you for looking. Hopefully the OP will come back and verify if Storm Warning is the book she's looking for.

Daisymau--I hope so, too. Romrdr85 has not enabled the 'p.m.' feature so that is that.

HR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 am 

I looked at the profile and found this:

User is inactive
Reason: Profile details changed

Not sure what it means.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:57 pm 

Daisymau wrote:
I looked at the profile and found this:

User is inactive
Reason: Profile details changed

Not sure what it means.

Daisymau--Hmmm...strange. Oh well, best just to let this one go and get on with other threads. But now, this is going to bug me until it is SOLVED.

HR